Lightning Blue 17R - Man what a ride

oldbmwfan

Established Member
Thank you guys, same here. I have been sneaking out to the garage at least once a day (usually more) to just look at it and examine the details. I am really impressed with Ford; this is such a well thought-out piece of kit. Have only had time for a few short drives thus far, but it is very apparent just how intensely fun it will be. I've been driving on road courses for 12+ years and have done some wheel to wheel racing (BMW CCA and Chump/ Lemons), in a variety of cars, and I'm not ashamed to say this thing intimidates me some. I'm sure I'll get used to it. ;-)

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
You get a day at the Track Attack in Utah for free. I went last month with two friends and had an absolute blast. Any intimidation you might have had will fly right out the window. It is a must do.

R-CODE

Established Member
- oldbmwfan, does your dealer have an other allocations? Looking to purchase a 350R.
I build them here in Detroit.
~Gotti.

oldmachguy

Established Member
Hi, new user here. Longtime fan of vintage ('60s-'80s) BMWs, always liked reasonably practical performance cars (had '88 M5, '98 M3 and a 135i, but decided the GT350R is a better package and better bargain than the new M4. I took delivery of a lightning blue R with no stripes this week. It still hasn't been detailed at all (didn't let the dealer wash it, or do anything except install the splitter and check the fluids and tire pressures), and I only have phone pics, but here are a couple:

29055794673_c00dc05634_k.jpg

29599211951_c3bf16ace9_k.jpg

That's the exact car I ordered (also, no black roof). Can't wait.

Users who are viewing this thread