Lightning Blue 17R - Man what a ride

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
ok I give. I have better photo's but can't post them. PM me if you're good at posting pics and I'll send them to you.

01SVTSnake

Thud Thud Thud Thud Thud
Established Member
Here are a few more pictures 0H3 sent me. I love my shadow black TP, but as I posted earlier I would get LB in a R if I didn't get raped on ADM in a heartbeat.

LB350R17-3_zps3ala58gx.jpg

LB350R17-2_zps4fpzchig.jpg

LB350R17-1_zpsun2ukack.jpg

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Wait, a high end exotic? There are still a number of GT500 owners who call the new GT350 trash. The problem is that everyone that drives the 350 raves about them!
I don't think they're trash. They're extremely comparable to the Boss 302. Obviously better...but the same class.

An R would obviously be different, but I wouldn't imagine by much.

Track days, the 350s would run wild and be my choice. On the street? The 13/14 GT500 is my first choice.

I don't have either anymore and have driven both. That's about as unbiased of an opinion you could get.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Tob

Salut!
Super Moderator
The GT350 is sorely lacking in the power department compared to a typical GT500. I do miss the power I had from my Whippled 5.4L, I cannot lie. But beyond that, fuggetaboutit.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
I don't think they're trash. They're extremely comparable to the Boss 302. Obviously better...but the same class.

An R would obviously be different, but I wouldn't imagine by much.

Track days, the 350s would run wild and be my choice. On the street? The 13/14 GT500 is my first choice.

I don't have either anymore and have driven both. That's about as unbiased of an opinion you could get.

I was not talking about you.

I believe they are way above the boss. Sure the boss put up lap times comparable to the m3, but everyone said the m3 ride and drivability and entire vehicle was a higher class. The GT350 skips right over the m3 and goes for the GT3. Some have placed it even higher. It's that good.

No you will not get get your head nocked back with 800lbs torque but as an entire package I see this beyond the last generation GT500. The 13/14 never recieved these types of reviews or driver feedback.

The difference from the R is overblown too. Lighter wheels stickier rubber and performance will be very close. Cup2 GT350 track pack vs the z28 should be dead even.

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Street: 13/14 GT500
Track: 15/16/17 GT350 (R)

b4409

Established Member
Wow! Color looks darker than I expected. It will be interesting to see the color in the flesh. I ordered the Lightning blue without stripes. I guess it's time to go look at a focus on the lot for color check!

OH3Cobra

HP is my vice
Established Member
I had about 30 minutes in the car. The only button I pushed was the exhaust. The car had 2600 miles on it and I'm sure most of them were "spirited". The suspension wasn't bad on Michigan's pock marked roads but comfy I wouldn't call it. It tramlined on grooves and the suspension did a very nice job on large bumps without making you wince every time you saw one coming.

My perfect day would be this car at Road America on a sunny 68 degree weather day with plenty of fuel and tires. Smiles!

oldbmwfan

Established Member
No stripes in this color is going to look very sharp.

Hi, new user here. Longtime fan of vintage ('60s-'80s) BMWs, always liked reasonably practical performance cars (had '88 M5, '98 M3 and a 135i, but decided the GT350R is a better package and better bargain than the new M4. I took delivery of a lightning blue R with no stripes this week. It still hasn't been detailed at all (didn't let the dealer wash it, or do anything except install the splitter and check the fluids and tire pressures), and I only have phone pics, but here are a couple:

29055794673_c00dc05634_k.jpg

29599211951_c3bf16ace9_k.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread