lightning or gt mustang

JaysGreenLX

"Ugh Jerks"
Established Member
Good God if these pictures aren't reason enough to buy a Lightning then you better check your eyes.

I would go for the Lightning. I have loved them from day one.
Fast and practical (sorta). What more do your need?

Originally posted by PhatSVT
Here is some pics of my buddies old '02 Lightning. Now he is into 4x4 trucks.

This Lightning made 510 RWHP. Cant remember the torque numbers.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Here is a picture of his old fox that was equipped with a 347, Vortech S-trim and 100 shot of nitrous. Ran 11.0's off the bottle.

standard.jpg

WhiteLightnin03

Established Member
get a Lightning i have had mine for only 9 months and i am not bored with it. i do not get tired of people sayin nice truck or getting a thumbs up. go for the Lightning. :rockon:

kmad61

NWO 4 LIFE
Established Member
Get the Lightning,The look on a GT or Z28 drivers face after you wax that ass is priceless!!!!

99 L
JDM Superchip
JLP #4 pulley
Mac catback
Mac cai

A Fuzzy Bunny

Future Banned Member
Established Member
Originally posted by BUFFMUSTANG30
Stock vs stock I tought GT was 147 and L is 147mph correct me if I am wrong:??:

5000lbs. vs. 3400lbs.

trucks aerodynamics vs. car aerodynamics

The L is fast as shit, but remembers, it's a heavy-ass brick and that doesn't play well on the top end

SlowSVT95

Banned
Established Member
Get the lightning. I have a 95 and I'm also getting a 01 or 02 very soon... :bowdown:

Mitch.Shea

Established Member
ok i love the o2 l, but all i have to do is add a nice super charger and it will be the same right? i baught a 03 for 15,000 and i pay about 320 a month. how much would i pay a month for a lightning and will insurance be cheaper? so far 1FOR MUSTANG AND A MILLION FOR THE BIG LIGHT NING.

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
well for me 03 Cobra vs 03 L I saved 120.00 per month on insurance by buying my L, so do the math, sports car vs 2wd truck. Get the L!!!:rockon:

drexebo

On a quest 4 an 03 cobra!
Established Member
lightnings are lame cuz they're all automatics... give me a lightning w/ a 5 speed and I might consider it over a GT...

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Originally posted by gtstang
ok i love the o2 l, but all i have to do is add a nice super charger and it will be the same right? i baught a 03 for 15,000 and i pay about 320 a month. how much would i pay a month for a lightning and will insurance be cheaper? so far 1FOR MUSTANG AND A MILLION FOR THE BIG LIGHT NING.

Ok, so contary to what drexebo said. The L has 380hp stock, mustang has 260hp, wow 5 speed aint helping that. Fun factor, ever drove a supercharged L, wow fun is there, lastly mustang are dime a dozen therfore good luck finding an untouched clean L they hold their value pretty good and people like myself drive and store them and never want to get rid of them. Oh this will help resale so you don't have to lose as much money too, more money savings like with insurance but remember vehicles are never a good investment. Go get an L you know you want to, damn I should sell L's Naw but I really do love my L and wish I would have gotten one earlier. When you decide post some pics, as far as finding one check with local ford dealers give um your name and number, also great place to find cars is Ebay. enough about this topic I am tired!!!!:sleeping:

Mitch.Shea

Established Member
ohhh sh!t there is so much going trough my head i love them both. remember i am only 16 but i can afford it my dad owns 2 companies but what ever i save up for a down payment he will math it. what does the lightning top out at(not that i am going to do it just wondering) but i will miss shifting in my gt) so far the only bad thing about the lightning it is a brick that haulls asssss!!!

hotrod93

Established Member
Originally posted by TrueBlue'01GT
I would have sold a 93L for 2000GT in a heartbeat!

After having both I would rather have the truck. Besides that, there were only 11,563 first generation Lightnings made in 3 years compared to who knows how many Mustangs. I like the car, but just about everybody and their brother has one.

Last edited:

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Originally posted by gtstang
ohhh sh!t there is so much going trough my head i love them both. remember i am only 16 but i can afford it my dad owns 2 companies but what ever i save up for a down payment he will math it. what does the lightning top out at(not that i am going to do it just wondering) but i will miss shifting in my gt) so far the only bad thing about the lightning it is a brick that haulls asssss!!!
L top speed 147mph, 1/4 13.4 @102
stock!!!!

MY 03 L

Established Member
L top speed 142 mph.. and about a GT beating a L on topend... hmm not going to happen.. brick or not .. the L's 450trq spanks a GT without a problem. For around 1k in upgrades you will be deep into the 12s on the L. Stock vs Stock the L will beat the crap out of the GT without a problem.. If you think differently you have never drove a 380hp/450trq truck.. no comparison... GET THE LIGHTNING, You will be happy!

- John

PhatSVT

Established Member
Originally posted by 03GREYBOLT
what #s is that thing putting down??

Finding out this weekend.

Vortech Supercharger V1 S-trim 3.33" pulley (sees 10 psi)
Lightning 42# injectors
90mm Lightning MAF
2003 Cobra fuel tank/pumps
SCT tuned
MAC long tubes
MAC o/r h-pipe
Flowmaster (turndowns)
FMS 4.10 gears

My guess will be 380+RWHP/380+RWTQ (based off other gt's with similar mods)

Last edited:

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Originally posted by MY 03 L
L top speed 142 mph.. and about a GT beating a L on topend... hmm not going to happen.. brick or not .. the L's 450trq spanks a GT without a problem. For around 1k in upgrades you will be deep into the 12s on the L. Stock vs Stock the L will beat the crap out of the GT without a problem.. If you think differently you have never drove a 380hp/450trq truck.. no comparison... GET THE LIGHTNING, You will be happy!

- John

F150SVTLightning33.jpg

Everything else I agree with John

Users who are viewing this thread