lightning or gt mustang

Mitch.Shea

Established Member
i was thinking of get an 01 lightning. i have an 03 gt right now but can you post some pics and videos of the lightning and which one is better in performance wise?

1slosnake

10 second pilot
Established Member
Lightning all the way, all I had done to my 99 was BPU and it ran a 12.5's@108 all day long on street tires :coolman:

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Originally posted by 1slosnake
Lightning all the way, all I had done to my 99 was BPU and it ran a 12.5's@108 all day long on street tires :coolman:
:rockon: love my L, drive it everyday and with stock setup(all factory stuff, tonneau and bedrug) ran a 13.6 @101, stock gt is 14.1. If looking for faster stock vehicle L if you want to mod it and get it even faster long term Mustang will get there quicker with less money. I just depends on what you want gtstang. Either way great choice both are Fords.
Good luck:beer:

Mitch.Shea

Established Member
yah thaniks the lightning is pretty sweet. i always wanted one since the 1999 came out. yah i am not going to keep it stock i want to put some mods on it. i want to get the truck to 550 hp or a mustang with that much horse power. and insurance is a b!tch on my mustang will it be cheaper on the lightning or around the same. i am a first time driver and is under my name. i just got my mustang two months ago. i am not complaining about it i love it but i just want to know which one is better so i might change my mind and get a lightning. so far every one says lightning.

hotrod93

Established Member
Lightning all the way. I was stupid and sold my 93 L to get a 2000 Mustang GT and have been kicking myself in the nuts so to speak ever since. :bash: I would take the L anyday over a stang.

LBguy

must get stronger!
Established Member
decide on what you want. car or truck? good performance or even better performance.

TrueBlue'01GT

Established Member
Originally posted by hotrod93
Lightning all the way. I was stupid and sold my 93 L to get a 2000 Mustang GT and have been kicking myself in the nuts so to speak ever since. :bash: I would take the L anyday over a stang.

I would have sold a 93L for 2000GT in a heartbeat!

MidNight Snake

Established Member
Originally posted by 1slosnake

Ok, I have seen this BPU thing like 100 times, what the hell does it meen???

A Fuzzy Bunny

Future Banned Member
Established Member
A GT is quicker than an L in the top end. The L owns the GT in the 1/4, but then it's over

PhatSVT

Established Member
Here is some pics of my buddies old '02 Lightning. Now he is into 4x4 trucks.

This Lightning made 510 RWHP. Cant remember the torque numbers.

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

standard.jpg

Here is a picture of his old fox that was equipped with a 347, Vortech S-trim and 100 shot of nitrous. Ran 11.0's off the bottle.

standard.jpg

Last edited:

LTHL VNM

Don't call it a comeback
Established Member
Originally posted by WishIHadaCobra
Ok, I have seen this BPU thing like 100 times, what the hell does it meen???
BPU = Basic Performance Upgrades
but what the hell are the +'s? like BPU++

ravenknight

Never enough
Established Member
Originally posted by A Fuzzy Bunny
A GT is quicker than an L in the top end. The L owns the GT in the 1/4, but then it's over
Stock vs stock I tought GT was 147 and L is 147mph correct me if I am wrong:??:

Users who are viewing this thread