Lightning vs Joe Gibbs

Gripstang

KickPushKickPush,Coast..
Established Member
Sirhc7897 said:
Off topic...

That silver picture of the Lightning is the picture that pops up besides my insurance policy when I view it online (Progressive)...

Talk about knowing you were screwed before you ever got the first insurance bill...;)

Bwahahaha funny stuff. :)

FordFanStan

Established Member
The magazine are tested in the best of conditions with no worries of cost and with professional drivers. As said, it is no where near a real world scenario. With that in mind, I put a stock L against a stock SRT10 anyday. I raced stock SRT10's before when I my Gen 2 was stock and two out of three times I pulled juat a hair, but the guy would never race from a dig, if he did he would have been ashamed...

As for the JG, I have yet to see one in person, but I wouldn't be too worried about it, its just a general motors product :eek: :D :lol: ... Stan

BLWN DSG

Vettillac
Established Member
according to the performance magazines you are right. The SRT is faster than the L but it did not "blow it out of the water". YOu must be reading Dodge sponsered magazines. Road and Track, Car and Driver pretty much had the same thing. They had it but maybe 2 tenths in the 1/4. Both magazines prefered the L over the SRT because of "bang for the buck"! Eough on that aspect.

Now to the JG vs L...I think the L would have the advantage. I think weight would play a big factor there.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
The SRT10 makes the power, but it's very heavy and difficult to launch. I'll take the Lightning ANY day over the SRT10 (and that's not even including the looks, which I know are subjective).

I've run across one Joe Gibbs truck. It was pretty nice and I liked it. The guy said it ran high 13's the way it sat. I think he may have had a couple things done to it, exhaust and stuff, but not much. We were supposed to race that night, but he backed out when he found out what I ran from someone.

In other words: Lightning > all other sport trucks.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
Sinister04L said:
In other words: Lightning > all other sport trucks.

In other words: Lightning > all other sport trucks*

*Sometimes not including Typhoon or Syclone. ;-)

Those are pretty sick too.

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
ChrisNelson said:
In other words: Lightning > all other sport trucks*

*Sometimes not including Typhoon or Syclone. ;-)

Those are pretty sick too.

Sy/Ty's are badass no doubt. I don't fit in a Syclone very well, and I know your big ass wouldn't either lol. Lightning FTW!

JoeyD Boosted

Deep Reflection
Established Member
Your L will take your brothers JG OUT.

...and yeah since when did the srt-10 blow the L out of the water lol?
Rice talk, I say!

What top speed? b/c the L went 142 and the SRT top'd out at 150?

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
JoeyD Boosted said:
Your L will take your brothers JG OUT.

...and yeah since when did the srt-10 blow the L out of the water lol?
Rice talk, I say!

What top speed? b/c the L went 142 and the SRT top'd out at 150?

believe andre is GPSing 160+ in his ATS tuned truck

FireGuy

Clear As Mud
Established Member
It appears that you intend to get the Lightning anyway. Just down play it and tell your brother, he is right the JG is the hottest thing going and there is no way you could ever beat him.

Then hand him his arse in a friendly showdown and he will have to eat some crow. When the Lightning speaks most all others listen, exception given to Typhoon/Syclone.

Enjoy the ride, read the forum a while and you will get a feel for the capability of these "Farm Trucks".

Yeah for sure I'll be getting the L. Hands down that the L will be something I know I won't regret. Since I'm planning on keeping her for a long time. And about the SRT-10, a lot of people make it seem that since it has a viper engine its the cream of the crop. So I just thought I would ask...

JoeyD Boosted

Deep Reflection
Established Member
What did the Syc's run 1/4 mile stock?
Isn't it around 13.6-13.9?

Yeah true @ AWD GN.

I always have loved S-10's/S-15's tho...
when people swap v8's in them- lovely.

big nasty

02 True Blue
Established Member
The Lightning will drag the JG's truck down the 1320. I have only come across 2 SRT-10's they wouldnt race me.

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
big nasty said:
The Lightning will drag the JG's truck down the 1320. I have only come across 2 SRT-10's they wouldnt race me.

i had 1 srt10 run me at the track and i gave him the jump and ran him down and passed him...

had 1 get into it on the street but me lacking sway bars and half a brain wasnt about to cut people off to run him down and make him feel stupid...

bmfgsxr

Established Member
a race between the L and the srt 10 is a drivers race. a race between an L and a JGibbs supercharged silverado is going to the L even with a weak driver.

the srt 10 makes more power and has a slight (very slight) advantage in top speed, but not many people are racing up to 150mph anyway.

Users who are viewing this thread