Lightning vs Joe Gibbs

So I was curious on how this would measure out? 2004 L vs a 2004 JG? Both automatics, and stock. How would the comparison sheets run? Because I know the SRT-10 and the L have been measured and the SRT-10 blew the L out of the water. I was wondering how the L and the JG would be in 0-60, 1/8, 1/4, etc?

svtlightning3.jpg

vs

gibbs3.jpg

Last edited:
Sinister04L said:
The SRT10 "blew the Lightning out of the water?" LOL. Ok.

Well alot of sport truck comparisons say the SRT-10 did? So I dont know? All the articles I have read say it. But I kinda follow that word of mouth. But also the 0-60 charts are off...saying the L does it in 5.2? and the SRT-10 in 4.8?

Scuba-Matt

Boost Freak!!!!!!!!
Established Member
Cuckoo Bananas said:
So I was curious on how this would measure out? 2004 L vs a 2004 JG? Both automatics, and stock. How would the comparison sheets run? Because I know the SRT-10 and the L have been measured and the SRT-10 blew the L out of the water. I was wondering how the L and the JG would be in 0-60, 1/8, 1/4, etc?

Your kidding right?

I don't know why you guys don't post your opinion? Obviously the magazines are saying the statistics from their studies, and test drives of the vehicle. The reason why I'm curious is because I'm getting my L by the end of the month, and my brother is trading in his current truck for the JG.

ChrisNelson

* Screw the N.A.B. !! *
Established Member
It's not an opinion, it's fact.

The L is far superior to the SRT-10, and JG at the track. If we want to magazine race, we can go back and forth all day. Magazines aren't the real world.

brucewrs

UDLOSE
Established Member
Cuckoo Bananas said:
Because I know the SRT-10 and the L have been measured and the SRT-10 blew the L out of the water.

Way to be welcomed on the Lightning board with a comment like that!I have yet seen a SRT10 run under 13.7 at Moroso.I am sure there are some fast ones out there but for the most part they do not come close....Cant always go by what a magazine states....

Haha, yeah I know...but the thing is that I'm just curious how the L would compte against the JG. Maybe from personal experiance. Since they might have the same setup...since their both boosted. Or maybe if anyone has personal 1/4 mile, or 0-60 times?

Sirhc7897

Established Member
Off topic...

That silver picture of the Lightning is the picture that pops up besides my insurance policy when I view it online (Progressive)...

Talk about knowing you were screwed before you ever got the first insurance bill...;)

Derek@Amazon

RTCTTFMF!!!
Established Member
Cuckoo Bananas said:
Haha, yeah I know...but the thing is that I'm just curious how the L would compte against the JG. Maybe from personal experiance. Since they might have the same setup...since their both boosted. Or maybe if anyone has personal 1/4 mile, or 0-60 times?

13.3 STOCK

modded 12.7@107 0-60 acording to the caculator is 3.9seconds. best a guy in the passanger seat could get was 4.3 and this wa on the street and with drag radials

Users who are viewing this thread