Limits of stock clutch?

bunk22

Established Member
As for mods, I have a cai, tune, Kooks 1 3/4" mid-lengths, x-pipe with cats, axle back and Steeda tune. I will say the power is probably not being maximized with the Steeda tune but it's safe. Anyway, for now, no racing so I only get on it when I can and when I really get on it, the clutch will get mushy, only come half way up. My C6 had the same issue after I added an aftermarket cam, but I also had over 300 drag strip passes on the car before adding the cam, the clutch was going to go eventually, which it did with the new owner a week after he bought it but he was getting on it pretty hard. Not a single pass yet with this car, about 2700 miles on it.

Last edited:

Benchracer

Established Member
It all depends on how you drive it. I have made probably over 100 passes on the drag strip and been as fast as 10.93@123mph on the original stock clutch. Still going strong today.

meekstro

Established Member
It all depends on how you drive it. I have made probably over 100 passes on the drag strip and been as fast as 10.93@123mph on the original stock clutch. Still going strong today.

THIS...seems like some people are running >650 rwhp and still using the stock clutch and then there are others who are losing it at much less power

Users who are viewing this thread