Lipless Deep Dish?

PBLA

Oxford White Cobra
Established Member
Anyone know of a wheel that would resemble an '03/'04 Cobra wheel (or perhaps a Saleen look) that is DD, but rather than having a "lip" the "bars" are angled out to the edge of the rim like the stock wheel? Probably not the best explanation.

PBLA

Oxford White Cobra
Established Member
I'm wheel illiterate, but I think CONCAVE is the word I'm looking for.

Last edited:

silver03svt

Official Snowflake Melting Machine
Established Member
Are you looking for a wider rim that has a stock look to it?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Why is it gay? If that is the look he wants then IMO that is cool. Not everyone has the same tastes in wheels.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
Sounds like he's just wanting a wider rim? Concave is just refering the the wheel not having a lip but the spokes of the wheel going in, like this ) lol.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Anyone know of a wheel that would resemble an '03/'04 Cobra wheel (or perhaps a Saleen look) that is DD, but rather than having a "lip" the "bars" are angled out to the edge of the rim like the stock wheel? Probably not the best explanation.

Nobody has made a concave style 03/04 replica, if thats what youre looking for.

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
3595844692_d7c16b082c_b.jpg

I dig it....

EVL VNM

Established Member
Not sure how it would look on a cobra, but concave is badass looking on most cars.

PBLA

Oxford White Cobra
Established Member
Yes a wider rim with a stock look. Again, when it comes to backspacing and offsets I'm clueless. It just seems if you're looking at the wider, affordable wheels or replica wheels, you have two choices - 1)traditional deep dish or 2) a wheel where all the additional width is to the "inside" of your car. I'd rather a concave looks, where you could put a 10.5" wheel and not worry about spacers to get your wheel flush with the fender or IRS clearance issues. I found a couple examples, but I know they're expensive wheels. Some are extreme in size and style, but you get the picture.
concave3.jpg

concave.jpg

370zMultiConcave.jpg

Last edited:

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
that last 370z looks freaking good with those wheels on it. Some guy just posted up on here not long ago about some shop that does high end cars and is going to start doing 03/04 cobra (same lug pattern as 94-04) concave wheels.

97gts

Established Member
Yes a wider rim with a stock look. Again, when it comes to backspacing and offsets I'm clueless. It just seems if you're looking at the wider, affordable wheels or replica wheels, you have two choices - 1)traditional deep dish or 2) a wheel where all the additional width is to the "inside" of your car. I'd rather a concave looks, where you could put a 10.5" wheel and not worry about spacers to get your wheel flush with the fender or IRS clearance issues. I found a couple examples, but I know they're expensive wheels. Some are extreme in size and style, but you get the picture.
concave3.jpg

I've my set on order for the same rims in the pic quoted from 360 Forged. Should be on the car next month or so...I'll post pics when they are mounted. Yes they are very expensive...

Users who are viewing this thread