Little concerened about my CAI choice

Tucker

BlackSabbath said:
Agreed.

I love the look and performance and was looking for some clarification from Stieg about any issues with their ported blowers and the JLT CAI. Hopefully, he will chime in.
Exactly, there is much confusion on all the boards about what Bob is saying.

For the record Bob Stiegemier has never tested any JLT CAI kits, regular or 12".
He does not like "most" fenderwell CAI's and people are grouping JLT into this catagory. This is bad info and wrong to do as the JLT 12" kit has been proven to work better then most kits out there.
Here is a test with the JLT 12" vs the Steeda. Done by AlAG8R @ RWTD
attachment.php

I also have a Stiegi ported Cobra with my JLT CAI and have no power issues @ 517 RWHP and 540 RWTQ.

What Bob is saying is most fenderwell CAI's can't support the air flow needed for a ported blower. I know ( not think or believe ) that the JLT does support this blower as well as KB's and Whipple's. I have tons of customers well over the 600 RWHP mark with JLT CAI's on there cars.

Thanks
Jay

acrod

Established Member
ok I have a ported stage 3 with a 2.76 pulley and I have your jlt cai, not the big filter one, the one with the maf in the fenderwell are you saying that its possible it's not supplying enough air?

Tucker

acrod said:
ok I have a ported stage 3 with a 2.76 pulley and I have your jlt cai, not the big filter one, the one with the maf in the fenderwell are you saying that its possible it's not supplying enough air?
No not at all.
Your #'s prove this.
All Stegi stage III's are not 500 RWHP cars, there's too many variables.

This is a case of the sky is falling and some are running around over thinking thinks.

dynobobstieg

Let me update my statement I said A Ram Air system WILL Make more Power at Road Speed if Constructed Properly-like an air scoop. Paper flows more than an oil soaked fiber. I will test Any Products sent to me with My Ported Blower. One more thing We Never mentioned product Names on this Issue.
We have seen JLT's make over 500HP with Our Ported Blower.

Last edited by a moderator:

stangfreak

Established Member
im still thinking about getting the jlt 12 inch filtr kit for my car. wonder if i will gain anymore hp and tq from it

mj8

Established Member
stangfreak said:
im still thinking about getting the jlt 12 inch filtr kit for my car. wonder if i will gain anymore hp and tq from it

I will be hopping on the dyno later today with my JLT 12" and my Steig blower I will post results when I get them.

Users who are viewing this thread