LIttle P1 that could.... Procharged S550

DarkMach1

Established Member
Can’t go wrong with the turbosmart, should flow all the air you needed to while being slightly smaller than the race red.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Can’t go wrong with the turbosmart, should flow all the air you needed to while being slightly smaller than the race red.
I have my proflo attached on 1 side with a 1" black rubber/ hose clamp then it's connected to my piping with a cylindrical piece of welded aluminum. I'm gonna have to figure out what I need to do to attach a new BOV to my piping. I'll try to get a photo to show you what I'm talking about..

DarkMach1

Established Member
Would imagine it looks like this but for your model.

Attachments

• D72D2C32-F4AF-42B9-BB61-F61F6EE23FD8.jpeg
    D72D2C32-F4AF-42B9-BB61-F61F6EE23FD8.jpeg
    251.3 KB · Views: 154

Brutal Metal

Established Member
Would imagine it looks like this but for your model.
Yes thanks that is similar but my black rubber hose piece is smaller and not a 90' bend. I'm guessing the flange piece on the TurboSmart is wider than the proflo mount so I could just make the piping hole bigger and weld the flange on?

DarkMach1

Established Member
Lund said the car is all over the place with the shifts due to the ECM’s anticipatory feature. We turning it off and nailing down shifts by hand.

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Lund said the car is all over the place with the shifts due to the ECM’s anticipatory feature. We turning it off and nailing down shifts by hand.

Yeah I had to turn mine off as well, with that said don't expect manual mode to be able to make up its mind for you now though. When in manual mode it will likely just rev to the moon lol.

DarkMach1

Established Member
Yeah I had to turn mine off as well, with that said don't expect manual mode to be able to make up its mind for you now though. When in manual mode it will likely just rev to the moon lol.

Yea, I’m very careful when running on the street in manual mode.

bunits19714

Established Member
What you don't like getting the lil orange wrench on the dash and 20 percent throttle to you pull over and shut the car to re set limb mode- happen to me more than once a few years back street light racing,

DarkMach1

Established Member
What you don't like getting the lil orange wrench on the dash and 20 percent throttle to you pull over and shut the car to re set limb mode- happen to me more than once a few years back street light racing,

Has never happened to me

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
Pro Tip regarding the turbosmart BOV used on a procharger, make sure you buy a Stainless steel flange to go along with it PN TS-0204-2001 as the PC piping is a mild steel and the turbospart BOV flange is aluminum which doesn't play nice when welding to a different metal. I'll be having mine welded in early next week, not because I think I'm losing boost like OP but 3x I've smacked the limiter(2x on the dyno and once at the track 1-2 shift) and one of the hoses popped each time which I'd like to rule out the 1.5" pro flow as the issue

DarkMach1

Established Member
I’ll be going back on the 23rd. We did several revisions and set shifts manually 4-500rpm higher than the were at the track last time. If I can secure a laptop from a friend then Lund has offered to be available to receive track logs while I’m at the track.

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
You don’t think you’re evacuating boost properly?

Trying to rule that out, could just be the jarring movement if it bangs the limiter or it could be that, did it back to back on the dyno, two different tubes and once on the track when I banged the limiter on the 1-2 shift. Hey and if it grabs me an extra 2psi I definitely won't be mad :)

DarkMach1

Established Member
You should be able to see it on the logs no prob if it makes a difference. Either boost or maf lbs. When are you doing it?

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
my maf maxes at 86lb min so I can't really go off of that. And the inferred map is just that, inferred. I only have my boost gauge to go by. Stainless steel flange should be here saturday, should have it welded in early early next week.

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
haven't found a need to log maf hz, since these ecm's don't even reference it. They reference the maf period table so I typically just log maf period, stft, commanded afr, wideband afr, etc.

DarkMach1

Established Member
I thought maf hz is whats used as reference once maf lbs are maxed out. Regardless you should still see the added flow (if any) one way or another even after 86.68 maf lbs.

Bill@HPTuners

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I thought maf hz is whats used as reference once maf lbs are maxed out. Regardless you should still see the added flow (if any) one way or another even after 86.68 maf lbs.

I'll check it out, but no the maf table used in previous gen mustangs is no longer used.

Users who are viewing this thread