local 03 SVT to BR/Gonzales

cranium

Cerebral Assassin!!
Established Member
What tool do you need I might be able to get it for you to borrow, I have a few friends that build engines that can hook me up. :beer: And hopefully help you out. Let me know.

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
got the tool in, retapped it and rethreaded it today. Have to wait for the glue to dry and hold before I put it all back together and fire it up. I hope the cobra is still there. I havent been by there since last week!

BlownBayou

The Innovator Has Spoken
Established Member
got the tool in, retapped it and rethreaded it today. Have to wait for the glue to dry and hold before I put it all back together and fire it up. I hope the cobra is still there. I havent been by there since last week!

Silver Vert is SOLD!!!! Last Friday I told the ole lady that I was going to trade the Lightning in on it and she said " If you do that...you better keep on driving and don't come home" :rockon::pepper:

What does she do??? She goes to check on it Saturday Evening and it was SOLD!!!! What the F am I going to do with her???? I could have had me a Clean vert. DANG

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
damn! I was too damn late! F'n NAPA!!! THEM BASTARDS! Hell id still take a lightning, looking to sell yours? Let me know! If not a L now, then im going to start modding my GT some more. It might be slow but I can have a little fun with it till im done with college

Last edited:

cranium

Cerebral Assassin!!
Established Member
The Mach looked ragged out, also a fake cobra next to it. If they can give you a good deal on the Mach 1 then I would consider that maybe. I was one of the first people in South Florida to have a Mach 1 black on black and it was a sweet car with alot of potential. I saw an advertisement in 2004 a dealership in Tampa selling new Machs for 23,000! I was pissed:fm:

There's a silver L a little further down on Airline on that Dealer on the corner, which looked really clean, if your looking for an L.

BlownBayou at least that opened up for you to start looking around now that you know your wife was possibly going to give in, and she probably feels a little bad about it too! :shrug: Who knows when it comes to women!
Anyways, Good luck on the hunt!

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
I drove the L. It has 136K miles on it and he wants $12,500. So thats out the question lol. Well I did start working on my car today. I let the threaded insert for the head set overnight like it says to and what happens.... it pops right back out... DAMN 2V!!!!!!!! :mad1:

cranium

Cerebral Assassin!!
Established Member
I went and looked at my old L in laplace and I did confirm it's for sale and still looks sweet as hell! It's White and he just put the cobra R hood on it and had the Eaton freshly rebuilt. My sig has all the other stuff that I did to it. He is asking 15000, but he told me he will listen to all offers. He needs to sell it... really bad....

BlownBayou

The Innovator Has Spoken
Established Member
That dude with the Silver Lightning must be smoking something.....136k for that price??? Geez....Makes me feel good about mine (96k) and the price I could get with a full built motor.

Good luck

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
thats what i thought also. The truck ran great and is in excellent shape but not for the mileage and price thats for sure

BlownBayou

The Innovator Has Spoken
Established Member
thats what i thought also. The truck ran great and is in excellent shape but not for the mileage and price thats for sure

Are you the Mineral that is lowered and the rear spoiler is off??? SLP exhaust I think??? If so....I had the OTHER Mineral in Maurepas. Chrome American Racing rebels and the IMCO exhaust. We talked for awhile and you said you had a built motor you were working on. Being you have a blown plug.....That is why I have not seen you if this is the car I am thinking about. I am the MASTER at coil inserts. I made a special tool to reach the thread holes (tool that comes with the inserts is TOO SHORT) and I did a Buddy's Lightning with it. Just make sure your piston is top dead (all the way up) so you can blow the metal shavings out.

Later

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
Are you the Mineral that is lowered and the rear spoiler is off??? SLP exhaust I think??? If so....I had the OTHER Mineral in Maurepas. Chrome American Racing rebels and the IMCO exhaust. We talked for awhile and you said you had a built motor you were working on. Being you have a blown plug.....That is why I have not seen you if this is the car I am thinking about. I am the MASTER at coil inserts. I made a special tool to reach the thread holes (tool that comes with the inserts is TOO SHORT) and I did a Buddy's Lightning with it. Just make sure your piston is top dead (all the way up) so you can blow the metal shavings out.

Later

That would be me. Do you still have that mustang? I havent seen ya around in a while.

The car is back running now and pretty good. It runs kinda rough sometimes but i just let it clear itself up and it idles just fine, dont know what is up with that? I was going to get a built motor, then lost all interest in the car. Im actually going to probably sell it shortly to get into another truck, i was on the cobra kick for a while but came to a realization that i really do need another truck.

BlownBayou

The Innovator Has Spoken
Established Member
That would be me. Do you still have that mustang? I havent seen ya around in a while.

The car is back running now and pretty good. It runs kinda rough sometimes but i just let it clear itself up and it idles just fine, dont know what is up with that? I was going to get a built motor, then lost all interest in the car. Im actually going to probably sell it shortly to get into another truck, i was on the cobra kick for a while but came to a realization that i really do need another truck.

had to trade the pony in on my work truck (2007 Nissan Titan CC 4x4)...Miss my mustang :( I still have the Lightning though :pepper::pepper:

Users who are viewing this thread