Local 18yr Old Dies in Cobra Crash - VERY BAD!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

.n0b.

moar powa
Established Member
again, why was he passing someone, friend or not, with a hill coming up? that is just complete stupidity. i mean thats horrible it happened, but i mean come on. where the hell is common sense these days?

terrible..

Ocho Cinco
Established Member
You know reading that story makes me sad. However, cobra or not, that kid would have died. After reading the story whatever vehicle he was in, he was going to pass his friend in the opposite lane right before the hill....

Tunedprt91

Established Member
To the people talking about the performance or what type of car it was that has nothing to do with what happened. He tried passing while coming up a hill and you see the results. He could be driving a beetle and the same thing would have happened. Sad story though, makes you think about things.

supachargd2k5

Established Member
That is sad, i dont understand why someone would try any pass like that but thats not the point. RIP to the two that are no lnoger with us.

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
That is sad, i dont understand why someone would try ans pass like that but thats not the point. RIP to the two that are no lnoger with us.

Inexperience. As well as poor judgment.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
To the people talking about the performance or what type of car it was that has nothing to do with what happened. He tried passing while coming up a hill and you see the results. He could be driving a beetle and the same thing would have happened. Sad story though, makes you think about things.

I totally understand what you are saying, however, I have to say that the type of car does to some degree influence the decisions you make while driving. Especially at a young age.

For example, when I use to own my old Neon, slow as balls and I knew that I couldn't pass a car unless I had a ton of room. Same with my Jeep I own now. I have to remember sometimes that I'm not in my Cobra and I need a longer amount of time to pass. Remembering this comes with experience.

I think at a young age, and a fast car, you sometimes think you can get away with someone "because you can do it, or pass faster." If he had of been driving a beetle, he probably wouldn't have attempted to pass.

However, as mentioned, passing when apporaching a hill is just bad no matter what. :(

LS1PUSSOUT

Banned
at 18 I know for sure I could drive better than most people on the streets around here. Now, 5 years later I have no doubt that was true and even though I have had more experience with it, I still have my common sense. That is what most young people who get into stupid car crashes lack..... Same works for older people. I cant even count how many older people I see everyday sitting on the side of the road after an accident. Its not the age that kills them its the lack of friggin brain cells.....

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
I totally understand what you are saying, however, I have to say that the type of car does to some degree influence the decisions you make while driving. Especially at a young age.

Most teens have some degree of feeling invincible and a car like this only adds to that sentiment. He likely pulled out to pass and realized that despite the power, didn't have enough to make it around before cresting the hill. Instead of pulling back, he gambled and lost and an innocent motorist (someone's dad, mother, husband, wife, brother, sister) paid for it as well.

I can't say that I didn't take a few risks, either. However, passing multiple cars on a two-lane road is always a dangerous practice and he simply underestimated the distance it would take to clear those he was passing.

The only other thing I could say is that I hope that his friends did not provoke him to stay in the throttle by speeding up or closing him off from pulling in. Hopefully, that wasn't the case.

01tahoe

Established Member
what did the accident have to do with driving a high hp car? passing someone on a hill isn't a rational decision in any car at any time.

lightninmike

skeered to mod it
Established Member
The only other thing I could say is that I hope that his friends did not provoke him to stay in the throttle by speeding up or closing him off from pulling in. Hopefully, that wasn't the case.

This is sad to see but i will put money on the above statement that it is almost exactly what happened. Friends want to see other friends cars go fast.

Leeroy697

Established Member
R.I.P. man thats sad. I bought my 95 mustang when I was 18 and while I know it was not as fast as an 03 cobra is nowadays I always tried to be safe with it and know my limitations.

Traveler

Two-time SVT Cobra guy
Established Member
It really doesn't matter in some situations, because some drivers seem reckless no matter what they drive. However, most who have some rationale are not likely to attempt to pass multiple cars without power. If you're driving a 4 cylinder Focus and want to pass in such a situation, you're likely not going to hang it out there in the passing lane for too long. Very few rural two-lane roads/highways are straight enough and without any hills to warrant a multi-car pass with anything. Especially when you're building speed and meeting a car that is likely going 55-65 mph. The closure speed is significant and often underestimated. I think what is being said is the car's power can lure a driver into a false sense of security in thinking that you'll make it back in before a certain point.

Maybe the circumstances changed during the pass.

Last edited:

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
what did the accident have to do with driving a high hp car? passing someone on a hill isn't a rational decision in any car at any time.

Maybe because you can reach double-digit speeds in these cars within seconds.
1. Inexperience
2. Fool hearty
3. Fast car, young kid.
WTF, was he thinking?
Jeff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread