Local 18yr Old Dies in Cobra Crash - VERY BAD!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blk04L

. . .
Established Member
Premium Member
again, why was he passing someone, friend or not, with a hill coming up? that is just complete stupidity. i mean thats horrible it happened, but i mean come on. where the hell is common sense these days?

terrible..

+1

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
Geeez those poor people. I couldn't imagine having a high HP car at that age. I got myself into enough trouble with the 88 300ZX that I had at the time. I couldn't imagine the kind of crap I would have gotten into with a Cobra.

+1. At 17 I had a 98GT with all of 225hp and I still almost put it up on a curb a few times.

That crash is nuts. Poor parents. I guess my kids will hate me when they have to work their way up from a little econo box, but better than the alternative :dw:

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
People don't attempt to pass over a hill with out power and the immortal mind set, jmo
my condolences
Rob

Tunedprt91

Established Member
I totally understand what you are saying, however, I have to say that the type of car does to some degree influence the decisions you make while driving. Especially at a young age.

For example, when I use to own my old Neon, slow as balls and I knew that I couldn't pass a car unless I had a ton of room. Same with my Jeep I own now. I have to remember sometimes that I'm not in my Cobra and I need a longer amount of time to pass. Remembering this comes with experience.

I think at a young age, and a fast car, you sometimes think you can get away with someone "because you can do it, or pass faster." If he had of been driving a beetle, he probably wouldn't have attempted to pass.

However, as mentioned, passing when apporaching a hill is just bad no matter what. :(

Point taken. That does make sense b/c If im in a slow vehicle im hesitant to pass. But When I was in the z all I had to do was drop a gear and whoosh lol. But I know when to pass and thats not on a hill.

Sniperdog

Less than Premium Member
Established Member
+1. At 17 I had a 98GT with all of 225hp and I still almost put it up on a curb a few times.

That crash is nuts. Poor parents. I guess my kids will hate me when they have to work their way up from a little econo box, but better than the alternative :dw:

not to mention Hulk Hogan's kid, having had multiple tickets for excess of 100 mph and still being aloud to drive hi-po cars, causing his friend to be brain dead, :nonono: it starts at the parents

tvguy

The only thing that is sad is he killed an innocent person. What would have been sad is if the kid lived while the innocent driver died. The pos 18 year old needs to be dead since he took someone out. He got what he deserved. RIP to the other driver. SCREW that damn kid.
PACOTACO

01tahoe

Established Member
Maybe because you can reach double-digit speeds in these cars within seconds.
1. Inexperience
2. Fool hearty
3. Fast car, young kid.
WTF, was he thinking?
Jeff

He could have done the same thing in a riced out civic thinking it was fast. and you can reach double digit speeds in most cars very quickly. how long does it take to get going 10 mph?

udlose03

Established Member
I hate to say it, but I could care less about the kid. He made the decision to pull a high risk manuever and payed the ultimate price. Termy or not if you are a high risk driver, then thats that, you're going to do stupid shit. Some people get lucky tho, thats the only difference to a driver who dies and a driver who lives. Some people are lucky enough not to get away from a situation in which their driving was potentially life threatening. other I dont want to say get "unlucky", but that they get what is essentially coming. Sounds terrible, but I dont know that you can argue that.

Where my sympathy really lies is with the other driver who was struck and killed and who did NOTHING wrong. Their life was taken for no reason, I can only pray he/she didnt have children who will have to grow up without one of their parents. We all really need to be pulling for this person and their family.

Last edited:
Look, everyone in this thread arguing that a dumbass teenager is the same in a Civic as they would be in a Cobra needs to STFU. If you're not a dumbass teenager, then you're an exception to the rule because teenagers are F****** DUMB!! The vast, vast, vast majority do not need to be driving around 500hp killing machines endangering others on the road.

GA Terminator

Established Member
How fast was he going? To say he had experience and then he does something like that at speed on a hill, speaks volumes of inexperience. It is bad enough that he dies, but what about the other guy who gets creamed probably just driving home minding his own business. Stupid, just stupid

l8nightsvt

Established Member
This is not an issue of being an experienced driver, its one of being a mature individual. This is true at ANY age. Sure, being an inexperienced driver may get you tickets, and minor fender benders, but this is just plain stupid. I got my cobra at 17 and never got into any type of trouble besides a couple of speeding tickets on the freeway (nothing over 100).

JB

beautiful loser
Established Member
not all head-on collisions are created equal...speed and rate of acceleration are both major factors in the severity of impact; it's pure physics

a high-powered vehicle in the hands of a dumbass (teenage or otherwise) is inherently more dangerous than a low-powered one.....anyone who argues that fact is a fool

there are many Terminator owners on this forum who have shown themselves to have very little common sense or logical thinking and it's damn scary that they're out there :dw:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
:eek:I could hardly tell it used to be a car :(

That picture looks as though the car made a pass through a car crusher; twice. That's one of the worst accidents that I've ever seen.

R.I.P. to that kid and the unfortunate driver of the other vehicle. My prayers go out to their families.

2003 Silver

Banned
"Passing someone while approaching a crest of a hill". Now I had a mach 1 when I was 18, 19 when I had the cobra. Now I have done some stuff I probably shouldn't have. But nothing that risky or as ****ing stupid as that.

Exactly...that's like playing russian roulette with a gun that only has two chambers.

It's the kids fault...not the cars.

dtheo

FUBAR Enforcer
Established Member
could happen to any of us guys, don't think you are excluded from accidents. Drive safe, poor kid, RIP. I can't imagine losing a kid. Horrible experience.

CPViolation

Car Crazy
Established Member
He could have done the same thing in a riced out civic thinking it was fast. and you can reach double digit speeds in most cars very quickly. how long does it take to get going 10 mph?
An eye blink to get to 10.

That was a high speed crash, not some fart-canned '91 Civic doing the Flintstone, bare foot'in to do 90..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread