Local Dealer has a new Raptor

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
Thats a bunch of bunk...........the Raptor is not A/Z/X/D plan eligible.....period, end of story.

Are you seriously gonna argue with me? Being that I'm a Ford employee and have bought other SVT vehicles on A-Plan I think I know what I'm talking about.

I've already talked to two local dealers that have one on thier lots and will give me A-Plan. There is another local dealer that won't and they still have 12 2008 GT500's that they still have marked up $10,000. They are the same dealer that had 6 03' Cobra's in the showroom when I was looking for one. They denied me and I drove 8 miles down the highway and bought a 2003 Zinc Yellow for $29,650 with 4 miles on it.

Its the dealers decision to give A-Plan on it or not. IMO, if your A, X, or Z Plan and they deny to sell it to you for it, take you business elsewhere.

CGoeschel

Established Member
Are you seriously gonna argue with me? Being that I'm a Ford employee and have bought other SVT vehicles on A-Plan I think I know what I'm talking about.

I've already talked to two local dealers that have one on thier lots and will give me A-Plan. There is another local dealer that won't and they still have 12 2008 GT500's that they still have marked up $10,000. They are the same dealer that had 6 03' Cobra's in the showroom when I was looking for one. They denied me and I drove 8 miles down the highway and bought a 2003 Zinc Yellow for $29,650 with 4 miles on it.

Its the dealers decision to give A-Plan on it or not. IMO, if your A, X, or Z Plan and they deny to sell it to you for it, take you business elsewhere.

Yes...i am going to argue with you because you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. I too am a Ford Dealership employee and Ive bought several SVT vehicles on the A/Z/D/X plans myself. Im the General Sales Manager at a dealership in Las Vegas. It is ABSOLUTELY NOT the dealers decision to give you A plan or not. If you worked in sales at a Ford dealer, you would know that on the last line of the Vincent statement for an A plan eligible vehicle there will be the amount of money the dealership gets back from Ford for selling the vehicle at A/X/Z/D plan price. If you run a Vincent with an A plan code, look at the bottom of the statement. If there's no money amount back to the dealer, then the vehicle is not eligible. Just because Ford prints an A plan amount on the invoice does not mean they are A plan eligible. They do this so that if they decide to make the vehicle eligible at a later date, then the A plan price is already on the invoice. The only way a dealership would be "honoring" an A plan price at this time would be if they were taking a pure $2000.00 loser on a brand new F-150 Raptor and not getting any money back from Ford. Highly doubtful. And on top of that, it still would not be an A plan deal because they wouldnt need a PIN or any of the supporting documentation to prove your eligibility.

CGoeschel

Established Member
P.S.- I just got off the phone with my Ford Zone sales rep. She confirmed that the Raptor is not A/Z/X/D eligible at this time.

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
I don't work in sales, I build Ford vehicles so I don't know what your talking about nor do I care.

I have 2 dealers here local that have given me A-Plan prices that have them in stock and one telling me that when they get thier white one in they will honor A-Plan as well.

I have no reason to lie to you or anyone else on this forum. I have nothing to gain telling a lie. :rollseyes

When I bought my 03' Cobra, it was the first one the dealer had recieved. They had it marked up $10,000 over the $34,750 sticker price. I walked in (after being denied by the other dealership that had six on thier showroom) told them I was a Ford employee, had a PIN, and was ready to buy the car. They dropped the $10,000 markup and gave me A-Plan.

Glad I don't live in Las Vegas. :banana:

qachargh

Established Member
I didn't really get a good look at the interior of the raptor I looked at, but can you get the seats in cloth or are the all-black seats still leather? I hate the way leather feels and my job equipment doesn't treat leather seats so well.

KYLightning02

Established Member
Yea i live in the Fay as well and went to take a look at it and they are pretty bad ass, i like the shelby KR they have up there too but $110,000 is a little steep to pay for it plus those guys at the dealership know nothing about the cars they have

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
For anyone looking to buy a Raptor, there are dealers giving X-Plan and A-Plan on them. I'm on another Raptor forum and ther are owners posting up what they paid.

svt911targa

Established Member
2valve in a SVT??? where's the boost?

I cannot agree more about mark ups with both posts above. I can't wait for a orange 6.2 to come out though :) i want one

I cant believe they would release a more powerful Raptor 6.2 thats not a 4v. or not even an optional supercharged version...... Is SVT getting soft or what. For that price it should outstreet and out jump the Lightning. Im confused. Love the SVT alum A-arms, sexy truck.

new2BIGPAR

Established Member
I cant believe they would release a more powerful Raptor 6.2 thats not a 4v. or not even an optional supercharged version...... Is SVT getting soft or what. For that price it should outstreet and out jump the Lightning. Im confused. Love the SVT alum A-arms, sexy truck.

You don't need a bunch of HP to offroad. Look at videos of this truck, it does everything its designed to do just fine with 320hp.

They're not soft, its not really built as a fast street truck and it will out jump a Lightning with no problem.

I think the reason for it not really being a powerhouse is to keep price down. Optioned out with just the 5.4L is about 47K. The 6.2L is gonna be another 3K when its comes out. Put a supercharger and the other stuff that comes with it and it'll be rediculous and nobody would buy it. Just my .02.

If I buy this truck it'll have the 5.4L in it. Thats all it needs for me to drive it back and forth to work. :banana:

IEatGt's

FormerGarageQueenPro
Established Member
The local dealer got their first Raptor in yesterday. I just happened to be cruising by right after they unloaded it from the truck.

All I can say is that pictures do NOT do this truck justice!! It's even more bad@ss in person. Btw, it's black and it's loaded!!

tempting...

WPGFORDGUY

Established Member
5.4 390 ft lb of torque

6.2 400 ft lb of torque

torque moves trucks guys... I'll take my 5.4 thanks ( and throw the FRPP Whipple at it!)

A4BLK98SS

Established Member
5.4 390 ft lb of torque

6.2 400 ft lb of torque

torque moves trucks guys... I'll take my 5.4 thanks ( and throw the FRPP Whipple at it!)

Very likely the 6.2 will have over 425ft/lbs and will have a favorable torque curve compared to the 5.4 ;-)

Oh, and whippled 6.2 > whippled 5.4

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Very likely the 6.2 will have over 425ft/lbs and will have a favorable torque curve compared to the 5.4 ;-)

Oh, and whippled 6.2 > whippled 5.4

the 6.2 does not need a whipple. it would not be hard to get this motor up to or above 500rwhp n/a. if you want to build it to make a true monster the 6.2 can be punched out to 7.5! if thats what you want numbers such as 750crank horsepower n/a are not out of the question. plus it keeps weight off the front end and more importantly would not have heatsoak after 10 min of desert/off road racing!:beer:

also heard the heads are huge on the 6.2. someone mentioned going to a 4 valve set up. not sure all thats involved in this process though.

Users who are viewing this thread