go in side of window.
across car and hook door handle,

pull..

any one else have a trick..

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Coat hangars scratch up the door and damage weather stripping. I would call a tow truck with a lock out kit and chalk it up as a loss. Two weeks from now you won't think about the cost of the tow truck, but you will think about the scratches, etc the hangars did.
Or....
tenor.gif

RAIDERS

Established Member
your car auto lock when you closed the door ? I heard it happen often in mustang, I always been roll my window down when ever I get out the car when the car still running ( like let it warm up before driving .... )

hotcobra03

Established Member
use coat hanger to push the door lock button to unlock.
this was something I tried 1st time yrs ago..

coat hanger isn' t firm enough to make angle and push..

solo is hard..but window will pull back enough easy to wedge in top corner 1/4 inch..have a straight shot in with no damage to weather strip.and nothing touches car..

luckily I was at dollar general..

package of hangers,roll duct tape

after 20 mins to build rod. 30 secs in

97snakebite

Established Member
ive used a driver (old callaway) with a allen wrench zip tied to the grip to push the lock button. I also used a door stop to hold the window out....I still have that drive/wrench combo together and have used it 3 times...

zredfire04

Established Member
this was something I tried 1st time yrs ago..

coat hanger isn' t firm enough to make angle and push..

solo is hard..but window will pull back enough easy to wedge in top corner 1/4 inch..have a straight shot in with no damage to weather strip.and nothing touches car..

luckily I was at dollar general..

package of hangers,roll duct tape

after 20 mins to build rod. 30 secs in

hanger goes in at the rear of the glass. then slide hanger up and toward the front of the car. works fine...had to do it on my 95 a few times.

if you're really handy, you can grab the tip of the door lock with some limp wire with a slipknot on it, then pull tight and up. had to do that once when i didn't have ready access to a hanger.

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
I started locksmithing at 17, and became a master locksmith and safe tech. I owned a locksmith shop in Atlanta for a while, and kept the shop while working in the automotive aftermarket world.

I have a lot of tricks.

The quickest way in is with a brick.

Sent from my [device_name] using the svtperformance.com mobile app

roy_1031

roy1031
Established Member
I started locksmithing at 17, and became a master locksmith and safe tech. I owned a locksmith shop in Atlanta for a while, and kept the shop while working in the automotive aftermarket world.

I have a lot of tricks.

The quickest way in is with a brick.

“Let me get my tool.”

“That’s not a tool, that’s a god damn brick!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dan_dmg_gt01

Established Member
Yea keep a door key in your pocket. Or you can buy a reach tool and air bag off the Marco tool truck. Same set up pop-a-lock uses.

I just used my kit for someone at work today! Probably the best couple hundred bucks I've spent. Always have it in my truck, of course that means it's always safely secured when I lock myself out....

Did notice my air bag pump ball is dry rotted, luckily I was able to spread the door with a plastic wedge.

Users who are viewing this thread