Lol wanna be scam artist

Kobra Khan

Krazy SVT Poster!
Established Member
Thought I'd share this little gem of a scam that this guy superairforcesgt850 is trying to pull on ebay.

He's selling 2 different ps3 bundles with games, two different ownership stories, and claiming that he's in the Navy.

Auction 1
Sony PlayStation 3 Slim 120GB System+22 games,hdmi,etc - eBay (item 200550259710 end time Dec-03-10 20:34:11 PST)

Auction 2Sony PlayStation 3 Slim (250 GB)Console+11 Games,Movies - eBay (item 200550923540 end time Dec-06-10 18:07:01 PST)

He's got paypal listed as an acceptable form of payment but will only accept a money order or check, because he's "leaving out for military duty on
Monday evening, and i now he banks at the navy credit
union, and i have to wait 7-10 business days to
get verified thru paypal"

LOL, this guy is so done.....

Cobra2001X

Banned
Back when I was looking for a Cobra, I had a guy try to sell me a 96 mystic with like 60k on it for 4k saying that hes leaving for the military and as soon as he received my money order his mom will ship the car. I just laughed and told him to **** off

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
He is? What are you going to do to him? Absolutely nothing. He has 100%/3 positive feedbacks. I'm not saying it's not a scam especially since those 3 feedbacks are from 0 feedback users and the dude is a new user.

Last edited:

Kobra Khan

Krazy SVT Poster!
Established Member
He is? :rollseyes What are you going to do to him? Absolutely nothing. He has 100%/3 positive feedbacks. I'm not saying it's not a scam, but so far he's innocent until proven guilty.

lolwut?

He's got one system thats 3 months old which he says he got it new at Wal-Mart and the other he claims to have gotten at gamestop in 2010. Not to mention the fact that he's ended the first auction and re-listed it for the 3rd time now. Looks guilty to me. Feel free to send him a money order and report back as to whether or not it's legit. :lol1:

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
lolwut?

He's got one system thats 3 months old which he says he got it new at Wal-Mart and the other he claims to have gotten at gamestop in 2010. Not to mention the fact that he's ended the first auction and re-listed it for the 3rd time now. Looks guilty to me. Feel free to send him a money order and report back as to whether or not it's legit. :lol1:

I don't play video games. You were the one saying this guy is so done, so why is he done? What are you gonna do to him?

Kobra Khan

Krazy SVT Poster!
Established Member
I don't play video games. You were the one saying this guy is so done, so why is he done? What are you gonna do to him?

No video games? No time to play or what? Let's just say that he won't be posting any more Ebay auctions under that name. Ebay has already informed me that they are looking into it. Another would be victim of a scam artist has been saved.

Njc0las

Detective John Spartan
Established Member
Let's just say that he won't be posting any more Ebay auctions under that name. Ebay has already informed me that they are looking into it. Another would be victim of a scam artist has been saved.

Why is that? Why won't he be posting any more auctions? How did ebay inform you that they are looking into it? Is that just your top secret ebay VIP status way of saying you clicked the "report item" link that gives you the automated response saying "You have successfully submitted a report. We appreciate you taking the time to file this report. eBay will investigate to determine resolution?" Remember, I never said I didn't think it was a scam. I'm just givin you shit for the e-hero vagueness.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Read his three auctions. He most certainly does accept PayPal, and I found no reference to payments by money order or check. If he did say that in his first auction, it is possible he didn't know eBay's policy on payment types. Which is why the auction could very well have been ended and re-listed. These could be legitimate auctions. None of know for sure if this guy is for real or a scammer. It is always bidder beware. If you're not comfortable bidding on an item you pass on by. I can't pass judgment on this one. Not enough information to find him guilty. JMO.

Kobra Khan

Krazy SVT Poster!
Established Member
:lol:

"start superhero theme song"

:lol: :dancenana:

Why is that? Why won't he be posting any more auctions? How did ebay inform you that they are looking into it? Is that just your top secret ebay VIP status way of saying you clicked the "report item" link that gives you the automated response saying "You have successfully submitted a report. We appreciate you taking the time to file this report. eBay will investigate to determine resolution?" Remember, I never said I didn't think it was a scam. I'm just givin you shit for the e-hero vagueness.

I'm just trying to stop someone from potentially ripping someone else off, that's all. I can't stand those that try and cheat others. No need to give me shit for doing a good deed despite it being vague.

Read his three auctions. He most certainly does accept PayPal, and I found no reference to payments by money order or check. If he did say that in his first auction, it is possible he didn't know eBay's policy on payment types. Which is why the auction could very well have been ended and re-listed. These could be legitimate auctions. None of know for sure if this guy is for real or a scammer. It is always bidder beware. If you're not comfortable bidding on an item you pass on by. I can't pass judgment on this one. Not enough information to find him guilty. JMO.

Yes, he says he accepts paypal in the auctions but then when it ends and the winning bidder is ready to purchase, he pulls the "I can only accept Money order or check line". Notice that he has an auction setup to end on Monday, the day he told me he's leaving! From my correspondence with him, he's very familiar with Ebay. There is is 99.99% chance he's guilty in my book. Time will tell. I know that if you ever encountered a situation like this you won't "pass on by" but rather do your part to prevent someon else from being taken advantage of even if that's as simple as taking a few minutes to make Ebay aware.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Yes, he says he accepts paypal in the auctions but then when it ends and the winning bidder is ready to purchase, he pulls the "I can only accept Money order or check line". Notice that he has an auction setup to end on Monday, the day he told me he's leaving! From my correspondence with him, he's very familiar with Ebay. There is is 99.99% chance he's guilty in my book. Time will tell. I know that if you ever encountered a situation like this you won't "pass on by" but rather do your part to prevent someone else from being taken advantage of even if that's as simple as taking a few minutes to make Ebay aware.

Did you win on one of his auctions and he told you this? Just wondering how you know that he does this.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Did you win on one of his auctions and he told you this? Just wondering how you know that he does this.

I currently have my two Bronco's listed for sale on Ebay and have gotten nothing but scammers. The are much more creative than last time I sold something.

The say they only use PayPal because it's safe and offer to send the money ASAP. Then they end up paying you more and saying that it's for the shipping company and you need to send that to X address. They have gone as far as sending me fake PayPal verification that the money has been deposited and I need to write a check for the extra amount asap. I had a few people do that and the last guy sent me an extra $1500. I sent him a picture of $1500 and told him to have a nice day, no responses after that:D

It really pisses me off because I could use the money, I don't have time to dick with scammers.

OP-Sorry if I made this about me, just letting people know who may be selling that scammers are faking PayPal deposits. So be careful;)

Kobra Khan

Krazy SVT Poster!
Established Member

I was watching one of his auctions. It ended at $3xx.xx. He then re-listed it. I sent him an email asking if the winning buyer backed out, and that I was interested in purchasing. It was at that point that he told me he only wants $189 for it and payment can only be in the form of money order or check. Did some more research and found the history of ended auctions/relisted.

Last edited:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I just checked his closed auctions over the past week. He has ended 9 of them early and canceled all bids. Many were re-listings. Just based on that alone I would not go near this guy. eBay should make it a bit easier for potential bidders to investigate a seller's history. This is why I refuse to buy from any eBay seller with a rating of under 50 or less than a 100% feedback rating. For a rating of over 100 I will consider a 99% positive feedback rating depending on the feedback.

Kobra Khan

Krazy SVT Poster!
Established Member
I just checked his closed auctions over the past week. He has ended 9 of them early and canceled all bids. Many were re-listings. Just based on that alone I would not go near this guy. eBay should make it a bit easier for potential bidders to investigate a seller's history. This is why I refuse to buy from any eBay seller with a rating of under 50 or less than a 100% feedback rating. For a rating of over 100 I will consider a 99% positive feedback rating depending on the feedback.

Looks his ebay account is canceled. Poor bastard thought he was going to pull a fast one and most likely wound up at a loss due to having to continually re-list items.

Users who are viewing this thread