• New Jersey

Votes: 27 56.3%
  • New York

Votes: 21 43.8%

• Total voters

venom_inc

Killing time at work.
Established Member
If I videotaped my drive to and from work, you would never guess it was NJ. Don't believe the stereotypes, most the people who bash NJ has never been here.

I've never been to Long Island so I can't compare it to NJ.

stangin99

Established Member
Long Island is garbage. At least 80% of NJ is actually nice, lots of wooded areas, many nice beaches (pre-sandy destruction).

Not even CLOSE.

blwn89gt

Established Member
I live on Long Island and if you could steer clear go for it. NJ sucks too but might be the lesser of two evils. I've been to jersey before ( hackettstown where my buddys brother lives) and it was nice. However I was only there for a weekend. If I can get out of NY alltogether I want to. I was considering moving upstate to maybe the kingston area but after these BS gun laws Im done and just want out.

mcaligiuri

Established Member
LI is crazy expensive. My property and school taxes are about $9,000 a year. The cost of living is very high and me and my wife would love to get out of here.

CM5878

Established Member
I love the people who bash NJ and think everyone here is a Snooki or is related to the Real Housewives of NJ. The only Goombas are the ones from Brooklyn and Staten Island that come to our beaches. Hell, majority of the cast of Jersey Shore isn't even from NJ! It's extremely diverse here.

N2DAMYSTIC

WAS THERE A BILL OF SALE
Established Member
I love the people who bash NJ and think everyone here is a Snooki or is related to the Real Housewives of NJ. The only Goombas are the ones from Brooklyn and Staten Island that come to our beaches. Hell, majority of the cast of Jersey Shore isn't even from NJ! It's extremely diverse here.

Exactly. The only scum in NJ is flood over from NY and Phili. Aside from the taxes and insurance rates I would take living on NJ over the majority of states in the country

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I think since all the Jersey SVTPers are coming out of the woodwork in this thread, we need to get a spring time meet going this year, unlike 2 years ago when we had a 20+ page thread on the topic and nothing ever happened :lol1:

mjproduct

Established Member

So true... SI and Brooklyn families move out to NJ once they have kids. The Queens families move out to LI. Then, the NJ people move out to PA... I can't speak for the PA folks, so I don't know where they go!

ULTIMATE ORANGE SS

Established Member
NJ definitely wins my 'worst drivers' vote.

We've had a few quarterly job sites in the Princeton area and every visit we'd witness at least one multi-car accident and 1-2 road rage incidents.

while i must say it has gone down hill florida drivers are horrible. all ages, not just old people.

greg86

Established Member
:lol: + a big ONE

Was waiting for someone to say it because I didn't want to hurt any feelings.

Bergen County is full of some real dumpy towns. Some of the worst traffic too IN ALL OF NJ in that region.

CSD is on point with the rest of the commentary too. :lol:

I worked in Hackensack/Paterson for 5 years. That is not the area you want to live in.

You worked in Paterson for part of those 5 years and never knew that Paterson is in Passaic County not Bergen County? You mentioned Bergen County is full of some real dumpy towns, which ones are you referring to?

greg86

Established Member
You listed all the nice ones. Every county has nice ones. Do we really have to list all the ones that you didn't include that are the 'dumpy ones'? And they outnumber the good ones you listed. :poke:

And yes traffic is very brutal in that area. And I think that's something someone out of town would like to know coming in. :idea:

Bergen County is SO OVERRATED. And please spare me the household median facts. People that either live in BC or commute there will tell you that the CONS outweigh the PROS and they would gladly move if it was reasonable to do so.

The fact is that many who live in BC work in that county or sorrounding counties or work in Manhattan.

If you're going to live in NJ, the best places to live in terms of traffic, REASONABLE property taxes and peaceful neighbors and general tranquility is way up north or middle to down south of NJ. And that's just the way it is in our state.

Please list the ones he left out that are dumpy because it would take me longer to list the nice ones compared to the dumpy ones.

Users who are viewing this thread