Long Time Coming (My 2003 DSG)

03_uni-B

@03_uni_b
Established Member
Congrats on the new DSG....Be sure to check out the Official DSG thread at the bottom of my signature! :beer:

Absolutely, I've already posted. Will update when I get all my information and some decent pictures!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Congratulations on buying your '03 DSG Cobra. Looks really nice. Nice pick for the idlers. Metco makes high quality pieces. :thumbsup:

03_uni-B

@03_uni_b
Established Member
Got a few more things in the mail today. And figured out what belt I need for the new idlers.

Went ahead and stripped the stickers off the hood struts, then installed them. That's all for today, also painting a bathroom in the house so only so much time can go to the car haha.

b21e7dcf0337bd44296e70c0710e7681.jpg

2e5283c5fe5fc5c37e06ad5bcd8ce9cd.jpg

03_uni-B

@03_uni_b
Established Member
Sorry for the slow update. It's shutdown at work and haven't had much time to work on the car. That and I've been redoing a bathroom in the house which took longer than it should have.

Anyway, got the exhaust in the mail. Borla stingers and was talked into getting the BBK X-pipe...here's how it went.

00EDB3AC-582E-4D65-92C5-821E5E79B288_zpsuznqrlqa.jpg

Yea...came back from my buddies shop on a trailer. Long story short, the BBK x-pipe was straight garbage and would not fit. Returned that and ordered the Bassani o/r x pipe, that's here and will be installing the exhaust next weekend.

Got some amber tails, had an amber theme on my old jetta and was thrilled to add these tails to the car.

7F1EE72F-6018-41D8-8C94-9A748A302390_zps33yj4ues.jpg

Also, about to order my new wheels and I am trying to decide what to do for the centers. I want as close to a color match as possible so I have ordered a bunch of samples from prismatic powders. I know I won't get it perfect, but I should be able to get close. I would rather lean towards slightly darker than DSG than lighter. Anyway, here are some of the options I have been able to narrow it to. Yes, I know there's a lot of variance.

25411D29-15A5-4D4F-9E6F-D343C7638E38_zpskovlh1ts.jpg

Also ordered some Mach sails, and glass. Will likely be sending the car for some paint this fall, and will have those painted at the same time. Will update when those arrive.

With that in mind, here is a list of "to-dos" for the car.

Install:
Exhaust
Suspension
CC plates
Wire ambers
coil covers
IRS bolts
Metco Idlers
Redo H/E and brackets (brackets are rusty, paint SVT on exchanger)
New shift knob (when it arrives)

Order:
Cobra R Brembos
Steeda Ball Joints
Exhaust hangers
Coolant Cap
Rad cover
2.93 upper
Gauges (need to figure out what all I want)

I'm sure these lists will grow, but it'll help me keep track of everything

Last edited:

RichM1983

Established Member
You really are diving right into modifying.

Off topic question: Does the police bother you here in WV with those tires sticking out past the fender so far on your truck?

03_uni-B

@03_uni_b
Established Member
You really are diving right into modifying.

Off topic question: Does the police bother you here in WV with those tires sticking out past the fender so far on your truck?

It's my friends truck, and he actually lives in KY. But I don't think he has ever had any trouble. I also don't have many friends with "bro" trucks in WV either so no really sure haha.

03_uni-B

@03_uni_b
Established Member
Got some more parts to add to the pile.

9b2454a6b0a8b6527c238a647cfc6ebc.jpg

I think I narrowed down to these powders for the centers of the wheels.

9d23adaa7bc2cf0951ae27f28e195c48.jpg

I know I won't get a perfect match, I'm just not sure if I want to go slightly darker or slightly lighter.

Also had to take some measurements, I sent them the specs for Cobra R Brembos but want to make sure they cleared stock brakes as well.

a75ce36df2ffc73674760d0c4f6cef7b.jpg

Got the bassani o/r X in the mail and will be installing it and the stingers on Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Got some more parts to add to the pile.

9b2454a6b0a8b6527c238a647cfc6ebc.jpg

I think I narrowed down to these powders for the centers of the wheels.

9d23adaa7bc2cf0951ae27f28e195c48.jpg

I know I won't get a perfect match, I'm just not sure if I want to go slightly darker or slightly lighter.

Also had to take some measurements, I sent them the specs for Cobra R Brembos but want to make sure they cleared stock brakes as well.

a75ce36df2ffc73674760d0c4f6cef7b.jpg

Got the bassani o/r X in the mail and will be installing it and the stingers on Friday.

You will love the Borla Stingers. It will be loud I think mine is with the Magnaflow catted X is.

03_uni-B

@03_uni_b
Established Member
Loud is good. And from the ones I've heard it's a good loud.

03_uni-B

@03_uni_b
Established Member
What kind of CD player is that you have? Do you like it?

Not entirely sure. I'll check and let you know. PO installed it. And I like it. Have spent too much time with it though.

I've been tempted to go with a O/R mid pipe but I still wanna be able to hear the eaton scream lol.

Understand that. Guess we will find out how it does haha.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Not entirely sure. I'll check and let you know. PO installed it. And I like it. Have spent too much time with it though.

Understand that. Guess we will find out how it does haha.

Let me know if you can still hear it. I may look into going O/R over the winter more.

Zemedici

Established Member
Good Looking Car

And FWIW I've got Kooks LTs, O/R X, and Stingers on my car and I cant even hear my whipple, even at 18#s...

[YOUTUBE_BROWSER]qU-r7hDJf9g[/YOUTUBE_BROWSER]

03_uni-B

@03_uni_b
Established Member
Good Looking Car

And FWIW I've got Kooks LTs, O/R X, and Stingers on my car and I cant even hear my whipple, even at 18#s...

[YOUTUBE_BROWSER]qU-r7hDJf9g[/YOUTUBE_BROWSER]

Thanks! Guess I'm about to learn that haha.

First time out of the garage in 3 weeks.

313c77b3136450dc442a16120c7b1a5a.jpg

03_uni-B

@03_uni_b
Established Member
You weren't wrong, can't hear the whine, and might as well forget the radio. But honestly, I'm not upset. I love it.

Users who are viewing this thread