Longtube Warranty Issues

jeffhou

Established Member
Hey guys, I have put filter kits and exhaust on every new car I ever bought and never had warranty issues, but I have never put headers on a car before. Are there warranty issues with headers, or are they pretty much the same as aftermarket cats/x-pipe/mufflers? Also for those who have had Long Tubes, do you notice any decrease in gas mileage? Thanks in advance guys,
-Jeff

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
Usually there aren't any warranty issues with OHO parts since thery're OHO parts. Hence, no warranty implied or written.

Or, were you talking about the warrranty being voided on the car...depends on the dealer.

03DOHC

Established Member
Larry, why would that instantly void your warranty though? Are you talking the whole shebang? Or just the exhaust or powertrain warranty? That would really suck!

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
I was told the whole drivetrain. But I guess it would depend on the dealer. But if you get black marked you're screwed. :shrug:

jeffhou

Established Member
Well I would have a Catted X-pipe, I am not worried about the catted x-pipe all the way back to the tips, I already know my dealer doesnt care about those. I am just wondering if headers propose any more "threat" to the car than aftermarket cats back do?

JoeAsheville

Asheville NC-Bohemian Wonderland
Established Member
After reading that somebody actually dropped their K-member to install long tubes (EEK :uh oh: :chicken: :eek: :dw: ) I would say that they have a valid reason to deny warranty coverage on the front end based on a long tube installation...if that's what long tube installs call for.

My dealer is cool...the parts counter guy and a service tech that owns a GT both know that I plan on modding the car somewhat, and I had a relationship with them before...so no problem. However I do NOT plan on installing long tubes.

It really depends on the st...er...DEaler. ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread