Looking for a new daily driver.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
OP Crown Vic, Grand Marq, or a Town Car my 91 TC gets 23-24 MPG cruisiing at 70mph on the interstate and 17-18 mpg in town reliable and parts are plentiful. Cars and parts are decently priced to.

devin1986

Boosted Grandma-Mobile
Established Member
WTF are you talking about? You drive a LeSabre my friend. A single slammer with bolt-ons will put it to you.

You're new, so I won't quite call you retarded, but simply put... no. You're trashing a lot of SVTP if my car is what you consider slow.

Kiohtee

Established Member
You're new, so I won't quite call you retarded, but simply put... no. You're trashing a lot of SVTP if my car is what you consider slow.

Isn't your 13-second DD faster than your Buick? Who is that gonna trash here? :shrug:

devin1986

Boosted Grandma-Mobile
Established Member
Isn't your 13-second DD faster than your Buick? Who is that gonna trash here? :shrug:

Not so much anymore. I haven't updated my sig in awhile, because I don't care that much about showing off to strangers.

Edit: Let's be real too, 10 second cobras isn't exactly the norm for this site. I have no issues with anyone on this forum, but I'm not exactly gonna roll over if someone wants to call me out.

Last edited:

Drive XR7

NE Ohio's Fastest
Established Member
GM W-body like a Grand Prix or Monte Carlo. My 01 GTP gets 28mpg on the freeway, has 280+hp and ran a 14.0 on street tires, its comfortable and parts are plentiful. Can be had for dirt cheap also.

Last edited:

Kiohtee

Established Member
Not so much anymore. I haven't updated my sig in awhile, because I don't care that much about showing off to strangers.

Edit: Let's be real too, 10 second cobras isn't exactly the norm for this site. I have no issues with anyone on this forum, but I'm not exactly gonna roll over if someone wants to call me out.

10s may not be the norm, no. But certainly 11 and 12s.

Kiohtee

Established Member
I agree with your latter point, but I seriously think you're underestimating the SVTP population. Unless your talking about the portion of users who aren't currently in the game right now, then you might stand a chance lol.

Even bolt-on 2Vs are mid to low 13 second cars.

devin1986

Boosted Grandma-Mobile
Established Member
I agree with your latter point, but I seriously think you're underestimating the SVTP population. Unless your talking about the portion of users who aren't currently in the game right now, then you might stand a chance lol.

Even bolt-on 2Vs are mid to low 13 second cars.

Fair enough. I'm not necessarily giving a blanket statement of how fast cars are, but there's a lot of sport compacts and stuff like that, so I guess I am kinda counting the kid haulers, and I know they're out there, but I've yet to lose to a 2v. With my current transmission going downhill though, I wouldn't be too shocked... built transmission is a must for this winter, but luckily I have a few partial sponsors and connections, so it won't be too bad.

I feel like I'm more rambling than debating at this point. We seem to pretty much be in agreement.

csc

Established Member
Assuming you don't need a truck, I'd go a blacked out Crown Vic Interceptor. Tough as hell and easy to work on. But, I'm biased.

HandBanana

Established Member
SMH. The suggestions in this thread are why the rest of the world laughs at us. If you introduced a Crown Vic to the Europeans, they would trailer it directly to the junkyard.

kaz109

Established Member
SMH. The suggestions in this thread are why the rest of the world laughs at us. If you introduced a Crown Vic to the Europeans, they would trailer it directly to the junkyard.

Which is why a neon is a much better choice as mentioned on page 1 lol

Gravik

Established Member

For a car that is roomy, reliable, built like a tank, and a whole hell of a lot cheaper to fix than any European car, i would say they would be the ones getting laughed at.

kaz109

Established Member
For a car that is roomy, reliable, built like a tank, and a whole hell of a lot cheaper to fix than any European car, i would say they would be the ones getting laughed at.

There are much better options out there than a Crown Vic, period

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member

I know of people overseas driving P71's, including europe. Common? No, but people do like big old American cars over there, despite what top gear leads you to believe. I don't even need to mention saudi arabia, kuwait, and the UAE, they LOVE panther platform cars. So much so that retail vics were still sold until 2012 for them, and they got their own special edition versions that we never got.

Gravik

Established Member
There are much better options out there than a Crown Vic, period

For the price, it is hard to beat. I've owned two BMW's, and I can tell you my 2v car has been a lot more reliable and everything is noticeably cheaper. :rockon:

FORDSVTPARTS

Authorized Vendor
I can't believe no one mentioned a Fusion.

The 2006-2008 were seriously one of the most reliable cars Ford has ever made. Its better built and larger than a Focus, but smaller and gets better mileage than a Crown Vic.

But of course, I have different opinion than everyone else :)

Users who are viewing this thread