Looking for a pistol for CCL.

Gdubb

current beer in fridge
Established Member
Thinking about a small frame 9mm, .40 or .45. Been thinking about Glocks and Sig's(too much $$) but dont know much about the smaller frame pistol market and looking for some ideas from other people on what they use for thier CCL.

I already have a Ruger p89 but that's a large size pistol.

Thanks!

TexRob

Established Member
Kahr PM9. I would post a link,but I am at work and "Weapons" are Filtered here. :nonono:

94five0

*Click*
Established Member
I'll second. I have the Springfield XD in a .40. It's my new favorite. Good magazine capacity, good stopping power, reliable damned fine American engineeering.:beer:

whatever you decide on, practice, practice, practice. The biggest scariest gun in existance is a useless paperweight if you can't place acurate shots.:beer:

dooberGN

Established Member
I'll second. I have the Springfield XD in a .40. It's my new favorite. Good magazine capacity, good stopping power, reliable damned fine American engineeering.:beer:

whatever you decide on, practice, practice, practice. The biggest scariest gun in existance is a useless paperweight if you can't place acurate shots.:beer:

Aren't XD's made in Croatia?

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
There has been a crap load of these "almost" same threads showin up. and i love it! Glad to see everyone excersizing their second amendmant rights. Especially since "Mr. Im gonna really run this country into the ground" made it into office:beer:

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
Aren't XD's made in Croatia?

:lol:
as per a SA website

"I've shot the XD (in both 9mm and .45 GAP) and have been extremely pleased with the gun's performance. It's well built (in Croatia, no less), ergonomic and reliable enough to be considered for use by some police forces. Before getting into the latest incarnation, let's take a look at the basic platform. "
:lol:

No biggie. a gun is a gun

ShortThrow50

Always buyin cheap tires
Established Member
I stand corrected. Still damn fine engineering :D

YEah. i wasnt laughing at you bro. IT was funny becuase its supposed to be american and was made else where. I had to look it up myself.

Last edited:

94five0

*Click*
Established Member
my first one. SIG-SAUER 239. great great gun. I've never had one issue with it. Fired a sheriff buddy of mine's while searching for my first. Went through Glocks, Springfield, H&K, Beretta, Taurus, S&W, but i loved how this gun shot. My only gripe is magazine capacity.

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Ive been looking at a SIG for a while now. Any experience with a P250? Any recommendations on caliber for home defense use?

holtsch

Established Member
Thinking about a small frame 9mm, .40 or .45. Been thinking about Glocks and Sig's(too much $$) but dont know much about the smaller frame pistol market and looking for some ideas from other people on what they use for thier CCL.

I already have a Ruger p89 but that's a large size pistol.

Thanks!

What about the Glock G29 10mm for concealment or the G20 full size? Both are good dual purpose guns. Ammo is a little higher, but would you rather buy 2 guns or one gun that can do both and pay slightly more for ammo. BTW...i don't have this gun, but am seriously considering the G20 for my next purchase.

Jack32v

Slow Lane..
Established Member
Dam, with all the CCW threads popping up lately (including the one I started) I think we should ask the mods to combine them all and make a sticky... seems like there is enough interest among the members...?

EDIT: I went with the Glock 39 (.45 GAP) for my ccw, and I LOVE IT! Night sights, extended mag....pure sex

Last edited:

Sapperstang

Established Member
I have a G30 and a Keltec P3AT. The glock has been rock solid reliable since I got it several years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread