Looking for advice on my 2011 GT 500

luv2spedup

Established Member
I am thinking about trading in my 2011 GT 500 for with new mustang GT with the Roush 727 hp package...
I'm looking for sincere advice and any pros and cons you all can think off

Catmonkey

I Void Warranties!
Established Member
Premium Member
Just realize the advertised horsepower for the Roush mustang is at the crank, not the wheels. A TVS should get you in the same horsepower range. If you're chasing horsepower, I think you can do it for much cheaper just modding what you got. Nothing wrong with the new mustang if you're just looking for a change.

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
That 727 package will need rubber & suspension mods to make it work.
Base model GT.
Most GT owners would love to own a Shelby GT500

sweetlou1182

Established Member
To me the name Shelby says it all and also think resale value. Mine has gone up in value since I bought it over a year ago.

luv2spedup

Established Member
Thanks for the input folks... Pulling the trigger just didn't feel right... The name Shelby does carry a lot of legacy

99cobraUgotbit

GT500
Established Member
Agree with resale value. I bought my GT500 with 1k on the odometer in mid 2012. I'm just about to turn it over to 20k and have less then 2 years left to payit off. If I wanted to sell when payed off, I would make a killing back. I would never sell though just nice to know I got my money's worth.

Can't keep tradin in when something new comes out. Esp for a "GT"

Zemedici

Established Member
i'd keep the GT500.

wouldnt ditch a top of the line model for a base model with a blower slapped on it.

ponyboy96

Established Member
Agreed with the other posts. The Roush is a compelling offer, but it's no Shelby. Just look at resell on them vs the GT500. HP wise, you can make more power and cheaper with what you have.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
If that's the route you want to take get a new gt and add the mods you want, it will save a lot of money down the road. Also the resale market is pretty slim from what I've seen, the hit will be big unless you keep it forever. The shelby loses some value then starts to flaten out for years.

Users who are viewing this thread