Looking for some input

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Looking some help to find out what is going on with my truck. Truck was tuned by PSI and makes some awesome numbers no doubt. But for some reason when I went out to the track, a friend of mine watched the pass and said he couldn't even hear the the blower and I am running a 2.3 KB. I did put a accufab tb on after the tune was done and set the tps to as close to .99 volts as I could. Chad thinks that may be causing my TB to not be opening up all the way, but I also think maybe a bad boost actuator maybe. I took the snout off last weekend and checked for the Green coupler upgrade and it does have that. So looking for some other issues the KB may not be running right at wot. Has plenty of oil and have no air leaks between the JLP Plenum or anywere else.

I had no traction issues at the track, but that now is due to the power not coming into play since the Blower is not working right somewere or something else is going on. I will be working with Patrick at PSI to find out the problem, but would like to see if anyone else has had the same problems.

SS THiS

03 Lightning
Established Member
IDK! But Pat is the one to figure it out. Would be great if you made Lightning shootout at Sealy,Tx on Nov 15!

gen2lightning

I LOVE MY LIGHTNING....
Established Member
IDK! But Pat is the one to figure it out. Would be great if you made Lightning shootout at Sealy,Tx on Nov 15!
What he said^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
u ready to break in to the 9's laurence?

am ready to be a witness....

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
I would love to make the trip laurence, but I don't get of work and get home till close to Midnight. Then don't get to bed till at least 1:30-2:00. No way I could make the trip as I would love to come down and race and hang out with you guys.

Just talked with another friend on the phone and thinks maybe that the transmission has some issues not letting power get to the ground. But I am going to start with the cheap and easy stuff to check and fix first. I am getting ready to order a FP gauge today and will get that wired up next weekend to see if I am getting the enough pressure from the 255 pumps or not.

Forgot to add this.

I noticed last weekend when I went to put the intake back on there is a empty hole on the bottom of it. I don't have a vacum line to hook up to it and not sure if that would effect the issue I seem to be experiencing or not.

Last edited:

gen2lightning

I LOVE MY LIGHTNING....
Established Member
I noticed last weekend when I went to put the intake back on there is a empty hole on the bottom of it. I don't have a vacum line to hook up to it and not sure if that would effect the issue I seem to be experiencing or not.[/QUOTE]

you should tryto find were i't missing from... u never know little things hurt our trucks......

Bluebolt

Hold my beer n watch this
Established Member

whats this bout a lightning shootout in Sealy????

nevermind just seen it on the website.i'll probably be there.

Last edited:

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
What king of numbers were you running?

I ran a 8.88 and a 8.84. The 8.84 pass is the only slip I have and it showed a 2.07 60ft. time. I know that is horrible, but also I had no tire slipping out the hole either. Charlie said he couldn't even tell I had a blower on my truck. Do these KB's need more than 15 psi to scream more than a eaton or a ported eaton truck? I checked last weekend and the KB has the new green coupler inside the snout. No real noise from just spinning the rotors around with the blower off the truck either. I can hear the blower from inside the cab, but not sure if the truck is making the power it did when Pat tuned it a few months back. Something is going on when I go at wot and not sure what or were to start looking other than plugging the small hole in the thunderpipe that you loose when you go to a KB. Didn't even know there was a extra hole there till last weekend when I had the blower off the truck.

Thunder Bolt

AKA Ron's Bolt!
Established Member
Something is definitely going on. Are you sure your truck is currently making 15PSI? Something might be going on with your boost actualtor. Double check it brother.

Jose,

this is the first I've heard of this event. I'll be there as long as I can locate some stickies to borrow. Hell I'll probably be there regardless. I'll run on DR's if I have to. All I have is a hot street tune at the moment, but that should good enough for an 11.50

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
What do I need to look for as far as the boost actualtor goes? Never had a issue like this before so not sure what I'm looking for other than I know it only has one vac. line on it unlike the ones for the Eaton's. How do I know it's not working right, it doesn't open up when I give it throttle at idle any. So could that be why it's not working right?

gen2lightning

I LOVE MY LIGHTNING....
Established Member
Something is definitely going on. Are you sure your truck is currently making 15PSI? Something might be going on with your boost actualtor. Double check it brother.

Jose,

this is the first I've heard of this event. I'll be there as long as I can locate some stickies to borrow. Hell I'll probably be there regardless. I'll run on DR's if I have to. All I have is a hot street tune at the moment, but that should good enough for an 11.50

cool Ron!
ill be cool to see ur truck in action is going to be lots of fun!

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Ron I'm going to test out the Boost actuator this weekend and see if indeed it's working or not. I hope so, but not really as the price of a new one is close to $300:bash:.

CHIZ

GeoMetros worse nightmare
Established Member
Ron I'm going to test out the Boost actuator this weekend and see if indeed it's working or not. I hope so, but not really as the price of a new one is close to $300:bash:.

I may have a spare used one :-D

badmercs

Established Member
plug hole your talking about. to test if actuator is bad or not, pull vac line off actuator and plug. take it for a test spin around block and see if you got more power. do not drive very long like this, it will burn up your blower. My actuator was bad and this method will prove it. i got a new actuator from KB for $110 a couple of years ago.

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
I may have a spare used one :-D

A spare one for a KB or eaton, they are two different ones.

plug hole your talking about. to test if actuator is bad or not, pull vac line off actuator and plug. take it for a test spin around block and see if you got more power. do not drive very long like this, it will burn up your blower. My actuator was bad and this method will prove it. i got a new actuator from KB for $110 a couple of years ago.

Yeah I found a way to hook up a hand pump to it and see if it is working right or not. But may try it your way as well if the hand pump deal doesn't work.

HYBRED

That Just Happened
Established Member

Man...I looked it up and it's an all-Ford event...now I gotta figure out which one to bring...Mustang for the show, Lightning for...well, the show because it's stock and slow! :lol:

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
well after hooking up a hand pump to the boost actuator, it holds the pressure till you take the tube off. Then it is opening up and dumping the air. So now I'm not sure were to look for to find the problem with the truck.

Users who are viewing this thread