Looking for some input

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
How does the truck feel according to the seat-of-the-pants dyno? Does it feel noticable slower? The reason I ask is that your OP makes it sound as though you didn't notice any difference in performance until after your friend said he couldn't hear the S/C. I wouldn't assume my truck had an isue simply because the S/C whine wasn't distinct. The track time you listed is obviously not on par with your mods but that 60' time doesn't help.

Have you datalogged at all? If so, what parameters? What gauges do you have and are they all checking out alright at WOT?

I've never heard of one going bad, but perhaps your boost dump solenoid is acting up? Disconnect it and see what happens.

Last edited:

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
Also, you mentioned a hole in the bottom of the Thunder Pipe, that's the JLP intake elbow, correct? If that was open when you tuned you had unmetered air entering the intake tract after the MAF. If this happened at least it was tuned for it but plugging it after the fact will affect performance to some degree... presumably your truck will run slightly rich. I may be talking out of my arse so maybe someone else can chime in.

throttle jockey

Stock Block 11 Sec. Club
Established Member
What do I need to look for as far as the boost actualtor goes? Never had a issue like this before so not sure what I'm looking for other than I know it only has one vac. line on it unlike the ones for the Eaton's. How do I know it's not working right, it doesn't open up when I give it throttle at idle any. So could that be why it's not working right?

I can't speak for the KBs, but with the Whipple the actuator arm for the boost bypass moves when the butterfly valve closes, so with the truck running if I open the TB you can see it function.

00SVT

KB Powered
Established Member
Well after talking with Patrick at PSI over the last few days. He said he has my street tune set up so it won't explode if I get a bad tank of gas and should use the aggressive tune at the track and not my street tune. Found out it was only seeing 12* vs. the 16 I thought he told me it was set at. Soon as I can get my hands on a set of Race gas, I will swap the pulleys out and head back to the track. But I may do some data logs to see how the numbers look before I head out. So good news is truck is running like it should for the street tune according to Patrick. It just felt slow out at the track and now I know why. BTW what is the going price for 104 these days anyways. Last time I bought some it was just over $7/gallon.

fuzzie

AKA---Silver04'L
Established Member
Cool Tyson!! That should make you feel much better. Thats the best thing about Pat's tuning because there is no need to tune so close to the edge that if you get a little bad gas or the temp changes 10 degrees your motor throws a rod. Let us know what she does on the race tune man!!

Users who are viewing this thread