Looking for the “perfect” insulating lunch box

BRNG ITT

Established Member
I’ve been using a Packit lunch bag for the better part of 2 years. It has served me well, but the freezable
liner performance seems to be degrading. (Thought about adding a boss intake, but I’m not looking to cryogenically preserve people until the next century.)

I’m looking for something a little bit bigger (able to hold 2 meals). Also, I want to be able to keep my food as cold as possible over a 13 hour period.

Not concerned about price. Hard or soft shell, black or pink, I don’t really care as long as it performs.

Any experience-based suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

BRNG ITT

Established Member
No personal experience but the review comments in these links may help.
10 Best Lunch Boxes For Men in 2018 [Buying Guide] – Gear Hungry
10 Best Lunch Boxes For Adults Fully Reviewed | RunnerClick

The Yeti Hopper Flip 8 is great, but expensive!

I did look through quite a few of those bags, and although reviews are good overall, there’s enough negative ones throughout to keep me looking.

I am tempted to try out the Yeti, but I’ve always been reluctant to hop on that train. Anyone here have the Hopper flip 8?

KingBlack

I'm more stupid than I post
Established Member
this should do it:
866b10c1fcc762b57a938dd2542c2732.jpg

BRNG ITT

Established Member

Black_Chrome

Established Member
I’d rock that if they would make a new one that has a picture of all three of them at their current age.

Forgot about those bad boys. Might have a winner here. Just need to find the right cold packs.

One of my coworkers has one of those coolers and swears by it. Says it's tough and easy to clean.

As far as cold packs these are what he uses: http://a.co/e6KFwzw
I don't have any personal experience to vouch, but he is a very "particular" fellow when it comes to things. So if he is happy with it then I'm sure it is good. Myself I have access to a fridge so I guess I'm lucky.

CV355

_
Established Member
I worked with a guy who used to just use a ziploc bag and keep his food under his car seat. No joke. Didn't matter what it was- cold cut sandwiches, lunchables, leftover pizza, etc. No idea how he never got sick.

We had an inexpensive Arctic Zone no-zip pack that was surprisingly good.

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Coleman 30 can for me. I pack a ton and it keeps everything cold for an 8 hour day on the jobsite. $30 and its great for just about everything. Also, comes with a hard liner that can be removed. I use the hard liner if i am stuffing it with ice or pull it out for ice packs.

30 Can Cooler (Green)

Users who are viewing this thread