Looking like a new Bullitt announcement soon.

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
Im guessing S197 gen 1 Mustangs arent your favorite? :D

New Bullitt looks killer. 475 HP is really a surprise, and that Highland green paint? :drool:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
LOL, bullitt lovers will eat this up, and pay extra just like they paid for the California Special. SMH

Look at the previous bullitt (s197) looks like a bulky brick, it has not aged well:
View attachment 1458212

Liking the S550 refresh more and more.

I hope they make a Mach 1, running on coyote motor with 5.2 parts or whatever fits in it and maybe some new GT500 goodies (brakes, carbon DS, etc).
I agree. The s197 bullitt just wasnt doing it for me. Im still glad they made it. Just didnt meet what i expected it to do. The new one looks good and looks to have a good all around start.

spectreman

Established Member
Disagree w/your comment entirely about the S197 gen looking like a brick.

I owned an '08 Bullitt & IMHO, it was the best looking Stang of all I've owned. Squat, broad shoulders and squared off, simple appearance, the way an American muscle car should look.

The S550, in contrast, is an abortion in its appearance as a Stang- a Fusion having sex w/a BMW and what's w/that face? Mother of carps & catfish.

Still, I've been anxious to see what Ford does for the 'new' Bullitt & I think they go it somewhat wrong. The DHG color is right, as is the exhaust sound, and yes, I can appreciate the performance enhancements over the S197, but let's move quickly to the wheels- what was Ford thinking? Truly the biggest offense against the legend of the Bullitt & horrific.

I was concerned I might have to start saving again but not anymore. I think my '09 GT500 is safe. For that matter, if I had the $$ & space, I think I'd rather find myself a low mileage '08-09 Bullitt and mod her instead. And even if I'm ever able to get past the S550's maw of a front end, I think I'd look at the Performance Pack II version coming instead.
Lee

https://www.autoblog.com/2018/01/14/2019-ford-bullitt-mustang-detroit-naias/

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
LOL, bullitt lovers will eat this up, and pay extra just like they paid for the California Special. SMH

Look at the previous bullitt (s197) looks like a bulky brick, it has not aged well:
View attachment 1458212

Liking the S550 refresh more and more.

I hope they make a Mach 1, running on coyote motor with 5.2 parts or whatever fits in it and maybe some new GT500 goodies (brakes, carbon DS, etc).

You will get your wish. Word on the forums here there going to use the Mach 1 name and make it a hybrid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IronSnake

Beers for the boys
Established Member
Still looks like a sad catfish. I can not get on board with the 2018 front end. I keep trying to like it, saw one in person, and even still I just straight up think it's ugly.

Users who are viewing this thread