Looking like a new Bullitt announcement soon.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
I had the opportunity to get one of the prototype engines. I wish I had jumped, but I ended up forgetting about it.

That would have been one rare car. So was it suppose to be a 4v 4.6 with some specail intake mainfold? I would assume some sort of frpp throttle body?

Recon

Established Member
Engineers tapped Ford Racing for a host of upgrades to make the new Bullitt much more than just an appearance package. Ford Racing’s Power Upgrade Package added 15 extra horsepower to the Mustang GT’s 300 ponies. Suspension tweaks included stiffer shocks, springs, and a strut tower brace, giving the Bullitt extra bite in the corners. Bullitt-specific front brake pads and 3.73 rear gears rounded out the mechanical upgrades, save for a true dual-exhaust system that was specifically tuned to sound like Detective Frank Bullitt’s own 1968 Mustang movie car.

Seems you were right about a couple things. But doesnt say anything different about heads.

As God as my witness I’ve read it somewhere that it has upgraded heads and the KR diff. But being that it feels like I’ve read every article in existence about them, with no confirmation; it must be false. I apologize I was misinformed. The only other mods I could dig up on the 3V Bullitt engine wise are an X pipe, and crank damper that added an additional 250rpm to the redline.

Pick your poison.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
As God as my witness I’ve read it somewhere that it has upgraded heads and the KR diff. But being that it feels like I’ve read every article in existence about them, with no confirmation; it must be false. I apologize I was misinformed. The only other mods I could dig up on the 3V Bullitt engine wise are an X pipe, and crank damper that added an additional 250rpm to the redline.

Pick your poison.

Well looks like we both learned somethings about the 08-09 Bullitt

blk02edge

Established Member
Why do so many expect it to have a supercharged top of the line engine...? Its not "yawn" its a few grand extra for a package thats no more than a nod to an old movie car... Its definitely cool in it's own right. That being said id really like to see what they'd do with a mach 1.

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member

Pick your poison.

Ah so it was just the crank dampner? I always heard rumors that the B received a upgraded/potentially the GT500 oil pump to take on the extra RPM... I heard the same on the heads all the bullitts got the good cylinder heads (mine does it does not have those stupid plugs and it takes the brown coil boot and not the black and the black ones are the ones that launch out of the head from my experience and research.)

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I'm not expecting much more than an appearance upgrade due to the '18 GT HP bump and the impending GT500. I think it will be better than the average GT buy not by much.

Voltwings

Established Member
Why do so many expect it to have a supercharged top of the line engine...? Its not "yawn" its a few grand extra for a package thats no more than a nod to an old movie car... Its definitely cool in it's own right. That being said id really like to see what they'd do with a mach 1.

The mach 1 is my absolute favorite, i'd love for them to bring that back.

SVTDarin

Established Member
What if Ford surprises us all and goes the opposite way....think modern day LX 5.0
Strip it of options but keep ac, pw, pl, and give it cloth recaros, 6-speed, GT350 brakes, and all the Bullitt badges. Price it lower than a leather, nav, every option GT Premium.

spectreman

Established Member
I loved my '08 Bullitt & my wife is quite fearful @ the moment. But I still dislike the looks of the S550 gen & I've got my '09 GT500 almost perfectly where I want her so chances are slim I'll move on.

1/14/18 is the reveal date for the new Bullitt. I guess we'll see then.
Lee

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
What if Ford surprises us all and goes the opposite way....think modern day LX 5.0
Strip it of options but keep ac, pw, pl, and give it cloth recaros, 6-speed, GT350 brakes, and all the Bullitt badges. Price it lower than a leather, nav, every option GT Premium.

Minus the GT350 brakes, that is basically what a GT/PP base with Recaro option is.

vortecd

Established Member
The specs for the 2019 Bullitt look pretty good

Last edited:

Serpent

Bike or Cobra?
Established Member
Minus the GT350 brakes, that is basically what a GT/PP base with Recaro option is.
LOL, bullitt lovers will eat this up, and pay extra just like they paid for the California Special. SMH

Look at the previous bullitt (s197) looks like a bulky brick, it has not aged well:
Bullittpan800_14b.jpg

Liking the S550 refresh more and more.

I hope they make a Mach 1, running on coyote motor with 5.2 parts or whatever fits in it and maybe some new GT500 goodies (brakes, carbon DS, etc).

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread