Looking to trade auto for manual

cjb08

Established Member
I'm in the Virginia area and am looking to trade all my auto stuff for a perfect working manual trans and all associated parts. I want the car to be tuned by revolution in md so close to that area would be a plus. Please email me your info. Last time I posted this i had a ton of interest and had it all lined up, but the guy with the manual had a motor issue so he can't move forward as planned. I will be looking to do this in a couple weeks.
Thanks
Chris

KIXASS

MEDICATED
Established Member
I'm in elkton Maryland 21921
I have mt-82 with 7,153 miles new mcleod RXT twin disc clutch kit with billet steel flywheel, braided clutch line, Barton shifter with 2-post bracket and DSS 1-piece aluminum driveshaft. Clutch and all have 387miles on them. If the driveshaft will work on auto I would keep it but I don't know if it would.

cjb08

Established Member
Just enjoy shifting gears. Not something I have to drive everyday

cjb08

Established Member
As I expected.. Lots of interest in this. The a6 is deffintely more valuable so this will require money out of your locket towards the swap, but I could do it at my shop and possibly handle the transport of your car.

busarich

Established Member
Im Not Close Or I Would Be Interested, But What Would Sway Me Away Is Someone Asking For Money Plus The Manual. The Manual Plus Clutch Line, Barton Shifter, Barton Bracket, New Slave Cylinder, Clutch, Billet Flywheel And New Fluid Is A Good Chunk Of Change Already. I Havent Had One Issue With My Manual Other Than Swapping The Clutch And It Runs And Shifts Flawlessly, Just Cannot See Swapping Plus Money For A Stock Auto.

Last edited:

cjb08

Established Member
The money would cover the labor for the install. I think it's safe to say that If I took all those parts out of my car and listed them for sale they would bring a good amount of money, but I can't say the same for someone with a manual.

cjb08

Established Member
If I can't make this work logistically I may sell all the parts outright and get a t56.

Last edited:

dead man walkin

Established Member
Of course he got bored with the auto, everyone would get bored with an auto sports car. As for more valuable? Only because it cost more when new.. just imagine 20 years from now at a var show and you walk up on a clean 2011 drop top.. then go up to it and hear everyone say its beautiful.. oh but its an auto...

bam2012@TBR

Authorized Vendor
Authorized Vendor
I love my manual, but I can't see going this route for an mt-82. I think you should go for the t56 and sell your auto.

Good luck with whatever you do.

D.T.R

Established Member
Of course he got bored with the auto, everyone would get bored with an auto sports car. As for more valuable? Only because it cost more when new.. just imagine 20 years from now at a var show and you walk up on a clean 2011 drop top.. then go up to it and hear everyone say its beautiful.. oh but its an auto...

This comment is a cheesy as it gets :D Funny how i go to ford, walk through the lot and I go the opposite of what you say. I usually say "meh, it's a manual... let's keep looking".
Maybe back in older mustangs you would be correct to a certain extent, but on the new coyotes nah. There is a big difference in how they perform and the reliability of the auto vs the manual. There is a reason why people are swapping and putting autos in instead of manuals. If the manual was so desired, people would be swapping the other way around.

Again, i'm not bashing the manual. I had a 12' manual and the transmission held its own. I respect the transmission, i think it's way better than 90% other manual transmissions out there that come stock from the factory (T56 being one). I've put mine through a lot of abuse... every weekend (sometimes during the week also), on motor and on spray... and it never gave me any issues up until the end... and even then, the trans would shift like butter during the cruising, just not at W0T anymore.

Last edited:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
This comment is a cheesy as it gets :D Funny how i go to ford, walk through the lot and I go the opposite of what you say. I usually say "meh, it's a manual... let's keep looking".
Maybe back in older mustangs you would be correct to a certain extent, but on the new coyotes nah. There is a big difference in how they perform and the reliability of the auto vs the manual. There is a reason why people are swapping and putting autos in instead of manuals. If the manual was so desired, people would be swapping the other way around.

I agree, and do the same thing. However, that's because I am educated to know the MT82 isn't the most desirable manual transmission ever used in a Mustang. People who have no clue shun the 6R80 in this car. They are all brainwashed to think that the manual is always the better option in a muscle car. In the past, this was true, however....not anymore. In 2011, when Ford debuted the 6R80 in the Coyote, it was game over for the MT82 manual.

I still remember the first drag strip reports from the new auto, and how much power they were holding. It's still mind blowing to this day how well it performs.

hand-filer

Established Member
I agree, and do the same thing. However, that's because I am educated to know the MT82 isn't the most desirable manual transmission ever used in a Mustang. People who have no clue shun the 6R80 in this car. They are all brainwashed to think that the manual is always the better option in a muscle car. In the past, this was true, however....not anymore. In 2011, when Ford debuted the 6R80 in the Coyote, it was game over for the MT82 manual.

I still remember the first drag strip reports from the new auto, and how much power they were holding. It's still mind blowing to this day how well it performs.

Some of us happen to prefer a manual over an automatic. It has nothing to do with being brainwashed or uneducated. Get over yourself.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
Some of us happen to prefer a manual over an automatic. It has nothing to do with being brainwashed or uneducated. Get over yourself.

Personal preference and perception of which one is superior are two totally different things. I am referring to perception that the manual is always the best choice for a muscle car. In the past, this was true. Not anymore.

Get over yourself for not understanding the difference.

There is also a difference between knowledge and wisdom sir.

D.T.R

Established Member
Personal preference and perception of which one is superior are two totally different things. I am referring to perception that the manual is always the best choice for a muscle car. In the past, this was true. Not anymore.

Get over yourself for not understanding the difference.

There is also a difference between knowledge and wisdom sir.

I have to agree with this.
I understand if you want manual because is more fun, more engaging with your car, etc... but there seems to be a bandgawon here that thinks the manual is absolute superior transmission based on previous mustangs and they're clearly confused.

Last edited:

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I have to agree with this.
I understand if you want manual because is more fun, more engaging with your car, etc... but there seems to be a bandgawon here that thinks the manual is absolute superior transmission based on previous mustangs and they're clearly confused.

Thank you for understanding what I meant. When comparing transmissions of Mustang's past, it was always the better choice to buy a manual. Ford got close with the 5R55, but I still preferred the T3650 Tremec manual.

When the 2011 models were released, I immediately latched on to the manual, as past experience told me it was the better choice. I couldn't have been more wrong. The 6R80 was a game changer in Mustang world.

cjb08

Established Member
I definitely understand that the auto is the better trans. I just enjoy driving the manual car. I have already had the manual car with my whipple on it and the trans was fine, but I know i'm on borrowed time with this new car as I'm gonna pulley down and add full exhaust and probably e85. I am strongly considering just selling the whole auto setup and buying the t56 swap.
I am getting ready to list a t56 magnum and 4.6 quicktime bell with alum. driveshaft that I had bought for my 65 fastback in the for sale section. I wish it would work, but the magnum xl has a different tail shaft. I am going to start pulling the trans out today.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Established Member
I am strongly considering just selling the whole auto setup and buying the t56 swap.

I strongly recommend buying the Tremec Magnum XL transmission for your car. It's the beefy T6060 with a more reliable tail shaft. If you love/prefer the manual transmission, then this is a clear winner for you. However, this will require a money investment on your part. You are likely to have problems with a MT82 Getrag swap, as it's not nearly the quality or power handling capable as the Magnum.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread