Looks Like Dodge/SRT Is At It Again

MG0h3

Established Member
Maybe I'm missing something, but my Hellcat with MT DR's has a 0-60 on 3.5 seconds and runs 10.8's. They can't do better than the original with 90 more HP? Something doesn't sound right.

Sure this one is on street tires.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
06-28-2018
DG019_005CL.jpg

2019 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody

DG019_005CLa2saelfs4c421sqacgps5a8bjq__mid.jpg

PIPO

Established Member
So 797 for the RedEye Hellcat and 717 for the Challenger Hellcat. Interesting to see if that will affect the current market of the Demon.

Don't Care
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Even though it like 11 years old the Challenger is still the best looking out of the three. Not to sound faggy but if they made a convertible I would've owned at least 2 by now.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member
Even though it like 11 years old the Challenger is still the best looking out of the three. Not to sound faggy but if they made a convertible I would've owned at least 2 by now.

There is an aftermarket company that does conversions with a hell of a warranty for $16k. I am thinking about having ours converted.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
This is the absolute truth! The Dodge performance line-up puts Ford and Chevy to shame. And THAT is a shame! Ford could have/should have been more proactive with their muscle line-up. They're not showing any real signs of wanting to seriously compete with Dodge's line-up.

Man, how can you not fall in love with this gorgeous beast!
View attachment 1498020

View attachment 1498021

View attachment 1498022

Yeah, I do like the looks of that car indeed.

I wonder how much the Red Eyes are going to cost.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I see SRT commercials every day, Ford Mustang, never.

I suppose they don't need to. Ford probably did the research figured the return on ad investment is not worth it. I'm sure they spent their ad money on the European effort on the Mustang. If Dodge keeps this up though, things may change.

Last edited:

72MachOne99GT

Established Member
Premium Member
I doubt these cars (the high profile high horsepower low practicability ones) affect the overall sales of Mustangs globally.

What they do accomplish however is create buzz, and moisten the panties of internet forum fanboys and haters everywhere.

I think these cars are hilarious. I was all tickled when they announced the GT500 as the most powerful production car produced back in 2012. A few years later it’s already down 180hp to a limited production challenger, and about 130 to the most recent HC announcement.

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I hope the next platform the charger/challenger is on isn't some little euro economy platform or something. I thought the next gen is going to be on an Alfa derived platform?

Watch this be the last hoorah and the next gen challenger/charger are turbo 4 and v6 only.

KEVINS

Established Member
Is it a flex fuel car? If not it should be. Tunes for E85 could be killer.

ks

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
797 NOT in a limited production form like the Demon.

Hopefully this new HellCat didn’t just do to the new/unannounced GT500 what the ‘13 GT500 did to the newly announced ‘12 ZL1.....

And that is catch the other party sleeping on HP numbers...
From the specs that were posted, and the rumors from some of the "in the know" guys, the GT500 should be competitive in a straight line, if not quicker, and obviously go around turns in a much more capable fashion.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
I hope the next platform the charger/challenger is on isn't some little euro economy platform or something. I thought the next gen is going to be on an Alfa derived platform?

Watch this be the last hoorah and the next gen challenger/charger are turbo 4 and v6 only.

I don't know where they can go from here. With all the restrictions with cars nowadays, constant fear of gas prices sky rocketing, electric cars getting a much bigger presence... It seems it has to level off somewhere.

Unless the aftermarket scene, again, is a door to the future for what manufacturers might release. Like variable boost levels depending on your speed and what not. But while the car companies putting more focus on electric, how much effort will they put in gasoline engines/hybrid engines?

Users who are viewing this thread