Looks Like Dodge/SRT Is At It Again

BrunotheBoxer

PUREBLOOD MASTERRACE
Established Member
Born and raised Brockton. Living in Naples.
how many different super secret special editions of the same car do they need? "redeye" sounds like an ailment that needs treatment..

for 2020 they will be releasing the dodge challenger SRT hellcat demon super saiyan SS3 GTR type S limited. It will have 5 more hp and $10,000 more msrp

You just got completely mogged.

blk02edge

Established Member
does not surprise me- 2 completely different markets, production numbers, etc. plus, there are a zillion different corvette models and packages (with at least several less expensive than the hellcats)
If we are talking z06. Then 10+ per day... Hell I see more mclarens than hellcats. Dont really care about the lesser models, i see more base mustangs and camaros than I do mopars, also the mopars always seem to be on insane liquidation. But whatever, yea they are killing it in the eyes of people who like straight line stuff. Thats fair, but they are certainly not killing it in the all out car world

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
From my perspective the only brand actually killing it is chevy with the corvette.. I see what seems like 20+ per day. I see a hellcat like once a month

oh ya, the car that they advertise on billboards with 20k off sticker and frequently traded in with a handful of miles on em.

blk02edge

Established Member
oh ya, the car that they advertise on billboards with 20k off sticker and frequently traded in with a handful of miles on em.
Thats just chevys game. Advertise big rebates so people feel good, they sell cars like crazy because of that, hence why corvettes are common as civics. They are killing it. Especially with their platform that is pretty much the ultimate bang for buck in any performance category you want.

Im sure hellcats are far more common in big city/large highway areas. Which makes sense.

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
I hope the next platform the charger/challenger is on isn't some little euro economy platform or something. I thought the next gen is going to be on an Alfa derived platform?

Watch this be the last hoorah and the next gen challenger/charger are turbo 4 and v6 only.

No. Sergio announced that the next generation Challenger/Charger will ride on a revamped version of the current car. The next gen will not be an Alfa. The next gen is suspected to be using more AHSS, aluminum and composites. It will likely lose 300lbs. and remain a large car (L platform).

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
We have hellcats absolutely everywhere out here. On any given day if I drive 30 min to the other side of the city, I bet I will see 3 of them. Probably 10-15 on nice weekend days.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
No. Sergio announced that the next generation Challenger/Charger will ride on a revamped version of the current car. The next gen will not be an Alfa. The next gen is suspected to be using more AHSS, aluminum and composites. It will likely lose 300lbs. and remain a large car (L platform).

That makes sense. "If it's not broke, don't fix it."

Zemedici

Established Member
I see 5-10 hellcats a day, it all depends on location.

'How many different models are they going to have?'

You mean like Roush stage 1 , 2 , 3, Jackhammer, Saleen, Steeda, Shelby American (Shelby GTs), Hertz cars.

List goes on and on and on.

its literally the same thing, but the manufacturer is cutting down on the aftermarket doing it. Smart move in my opinion.

And again, the hate is strong because the old Blue Oval didnt think of it first.

Meanwhile Ford's 'Top Dog' GT350 literally grenades itself by consuming quarts and quarts of oil in between oil changes.

lulz.

giphy.gif

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
Dodge has created a frenzy. Mopar fans are excited, and everyone else is talking about the new lineup. The more power Dodge brings to the table, the more people take notice.

The Challenger platform has not had to change. The old heavy design is cost effective in regard to tooling and build costs. There is a dedicated fan base that will continue to buy the cars, and new buyers enter the market every day.

Ford is trying to rebrand itself, and Dodge is building on a tried and true foundation.

Now, if we could have the Viper back I would be happy.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

blk02edge

Established Member

You mean like Roush stage 1 , 2 , 3, Jackhammer, Saleen, Steeda, Shelby American (Shelby GTs), Hertz cars.

its literally the same thing, but the manufacturer is cutting down on the aftermarket doing it. Smart move in my opinion.

And again, the hate is strong because the old Blue Oval didnt think of it first.

Meanwhile Ford's 'Top Dog' GT350 literally grenades itself by consuming quarts and quarts of oil in between oil changes.

lulz.

View attachment 1498050
Its why I stated "my perspective" and added that I understand that in areas with more highways you'll see more. However some of you guys refuse to aknowledge that the opposite exists outside of your own world.

Roush, shelby american, etc are aftermarket so not sure what the point is there, or why anyone would care how many models there are whether it be dodge/ford/chevy

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member

lulz.

View attachment 1498050

Preach!

♂️

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
In my opinion Ford screwed itself by announcing the GT500 before they were ready to market the car. They should be following up the GT500 announcement with updates, and sneak peek commercials. Ford dropped the ball in marketing with the GT500. They created an industry buzz, and allowed the excitement to die. A few teaser commercials would benefit Ford.

The lack of advertisement from Ford is due to arrogance and ignorance, or the lack of a functional prototype. I personally believe we have only seen a CGI ad due to all of the above.

Chevrolet doesn't really place a ton of hype behind their cars. They put the cars on the sales floor, and then put emphasis on advertising.

When is the last time you saw a Mustang commercial?

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
Wow, is the a DNC rally? Dodge is giving customers what they want, simple strategy. As long as they sell Hellcats and Demons, they will keep building them. They most likely have already paid off the R&D of the Hellcat and all of this is just pure icing. However, the Demon costs are brand new and they have now gone a long ways to paying off the R&D of the Demon.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member

its literally the same thing, but the manufacturer is cutting down on the aftermarket
View attachment 1498050

Those are all aftermarket tuners. Literally zero of the ones you listed are part of fords mustang model line up.

Me personally i think the hellcat is cool but this whole idea of just making of different "versions" of the hellcat is getting old quickly. Hellcat, demon, widebody hellcat, redeye hellcat... ok dodge we get it.

This platform is already getting long in the tooth and eventually people will get over it. I think dodge FCA has most aging lineup out of all the major manufacturers. They will be lucky to not be spun off or sold again in the next 18mos.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Those are all aftermarket tuners. Literally zero of the ones you listed are part of fords mustang model line up.

Me personally i think the hellcat is cool but this whole idea of just making of different "versions" of the hellcat is getting old quickly. Hellcat, demon, widebody hellcat, redeye hellcat... ok dodge we get it.

This platform is already getting long in the tooth and eventually people will get over it. I think dodge FCA has most aging lineup out of all the major manufacturers. They will be lucky to not be spun off or sold again in the next 18mos.

They have to be making a lot of money off of the Hellcat though. The platform the car is on is from Mercedes, right? I don't know how much it cost them to use it but I would guess not as much as it would have cost them to work up a new platform from "scratch."

Zemedici

Established Member

Yeah guess the whole last two lines of my post sailed right over your head huh?

Here, let me highlight it for you

lulz.

View attachment 1498050

There we go, now that we've got that explained (again)

Your next excuse?

Its a dated platform?

You mean....the 15 years Ford used the Fox platform? The 10 years in the SN95 platform? The 10 Years in the S197 platform?

Dodge is selling the shit out of cars. If it aint broke dont fix it.

NEEEEEEEEEXT

Dodge needs to put that powertrain in every vehicle they manufacture. Because they can, and because it would sell. End of story. 'No one will buy the Trackhawk / Demon!'

Yet every one's sold.

Dodge is doing what Ford is 'claiming to do', listening to the customer. Pushing boundaries. On every single avenue.

mc01svt

100% full natty brah
Established Member
Yeah guess the whole last two lines of my post sailed right over your head huh?

Here, let me highlight it for you

There we go, now that we've got that explained (again)

Your next excuse?

Its a dated platform?

You mean....the 15 years Ford used the Fox platform? The 10 years in the SN95 platform? The 10 Years in the S197 platform?

Dodge is selling the shit out of cars. If it aint broke dont fix it.

NEEEEEEEEEXT

Dodge needs to put that powertrain in every vehicle they manufacture. Because they can, and because it would sell. End of story. 'No one will buy the Trackhawk / Demon!'

Yet every one's sold.

Dodge is doing what Ford is 'claiming to do', listening to the customer. Pushing boundaries. On every single avenue.

customers were asking for a pinkeye edition challenger? news to me

making higher part number counts to existing product increases cost as you lower the volume for each model (aka cannibalizing sales).

If they were smart they would have only 4 challenger models. base v6, base v8 R/T, SRT 6.4 and hellcat.. There is literally no reason to make 50 different super special editions that are 95% the same.

Prove to me that they are getting new sales with each submodel and i rest my case. If im in the market for a $70,000 muscle car either i want a hellcat or i dont. Making a "fisheye" version isnt going to net new customers.

Users who are viewing this thread