Looks Like Dodge/SRT Is At It Again

Booky

Who's Pick'n The Banjo Here?
Established Member
hgh2.gif

IamRacerX

No brand loyalty rhetoric here.
Established Member
Ford..... we are waiting.... and waiting.... and waiting...
imo the new GT500 has some really big shoes to try to fill. With all these cars since the last GT500, the new one better be over the top or it’s gonna seem very meh... I gotta admit as of right now when I think of a replacement for my Boss, there isn’t any Ford on the list.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
imo the new GT500 has some really big shoes to try to fill. With all these cars since the last GT500, the new one better be over the top or it’s gonna seem very meh... I gotta admit as of right now when I think of a replacement for my Boss, there isn’t any Ford on the list.

I agree. It would be nice if they actually put some marketing dollars toward it at well. But probably not.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member

I find it interesting considering Dodge is working with a 20 year old chassis and of the Big-3, the oldest power-train. The Hemi engine line up is rather underwhelming when compared to the Coyote and new LSX engines. I'd compare the 5.7 to a Ford 3V with it's cast crank and chicken bone rods. The rods and pistons in the 6.4 are no better - however, Dodge has made the 6.2L engine into a sheer monster.

Dodge knows it's strengths and weaknesses and is working well to them. I love the 2015 updates on the Challenger and Charger - inside and out. Once they both seemed to be over priced garbage (no 6spd R/T, R/T started well in the 30's) but now, they are very appealing street cars.

If I land this job in Houston, I may likely sell my truck and Cobra and grab a used Hellcat with vented seats as a daily.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
New for 2019, the Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye is possessed by the Demon. Its 797-horsepower supercharged HEMI® high-output engine makes it the most powerful, quickest and fastest muscle car reaching 0-60 miles per hour (mph) in 3.4 seconds and the fastest GT production car with a ¼ mile elapsed time (ET) of 10.8 seconds at 131 mph. It also reaches a new top speed of 203 mph. Joining the Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye is the 2019 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat with its more powerful 717-horsepower engine, as well as the Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody, which features fender flares from the SRT Hellcat Widebody and adds 3.5 inches of width to Scat Pack’s footprint.

FCA US Media - Imposing New Face, Interior and New Performance Upgrades Lead Revamped Dodge Charger Performance Lineup for 2019

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
The amount of hate in here is astounding.

Dodge is killing it, end of story.

If this was in a Ford chassis, y'all would be gargling it so hard.
This is the absolute truth! The Dodge performance line-up puts Ford and Chevy to shame. And THAT is a shame! Ford could have/should have been more proactive with their muscle line-up. They're not showing any real signs of wanting to seriously compete with Dodge's line-up.

Man, how can you not fall in love with this gorgeous beast!
maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
New for 2019, the Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye is possessed by the Demon. Its 797-horsepower supercharged HEMI® high-output engine makes it the most powerful, quickest and fastest muscle car reaching 0-60 miles per hour (mph) in 3.4 seconds and the fastest GT production car with a ¼ mile elapsed time (ET) of 10.8 seconds at 131 mph. It also reaches a new top speed of 203 mph. Joining the Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye is the 2019 Dodge Challenger SRT Hellcat with its more powerful 717-horsepower engine, as well as the Challenger R/T Scat Pack Widebody, which features fender flares from the SRT Hellcat Widebody and adds 3.5 inches of width to Scat Pack’s footprint.

FCA US Media - Imposing New Face, Interior and New Performance Upgrades Lead Revamped Dodge Charger Performance Lineup for 2019

Can you post where you quoted the specs? Either I'm blind, or the link you posted says your quote is wrong.

MarcSpaz

Resident Trouble Maker
Established Member

Maybe I'm missing something, but my Hellcat with MT DR's has a 0-60 on 3.5 seconds and runs 10.8's. They can't do better than the original with 90 more HP? Something doesn't sound right.

TheVikingRL

Established Member
Premium Member
Can you post where you quoted the specs? Either I'm blind, or the link you posted says your quote is wrong.

They changed their press release! Wish I had just taken a screenshot but I just pulled it from that page. WTF?

Users who are viewing this thread