Looks like I'm going to be selling the car.

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
YlwCbra98 said:
I went through the selling the car phase, wanting a terminator and all. Then I woke up and realized why buy a car for $25K when between what I owe on my car and the $$ for a blower, I could have a faster, better looking, rarer car for half that.

Gonna hate to see another CY disappear. Hopefully someone on the board can pick it up. Machs are definitely no downgrade though...Good luck!
Yeh it's my favorite color on a Cobra to date with the 04 Mystichrome being a close second. I totally agree with your comment about the blower, better looking and rarer car. I'd love to have this car pushing over 400rwhp next year. Can you imagine the look on guys faces when a 10 year old car beats them!!! I hope to get a KB and port it out for better flow.

CobraSvt9746

Another 1 Bites The Dust
Established Member
good luck with the mach...i know you will be happy as i have driven a few and like said before they are no downgrade! i have also been wanting a lower mileage and newer car.....so by the end of the year i will hopefully have a 03 sonic blue cobra!

SVT Lurch

Good times
Established Member
I guess if you have to sell the Cobra, that's a good enough reason. :thumbsup:

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
sorry to hear that Josh, your car is awesome.

you sure you want another mustang?

Snarf

Lacey Chabert FTW!
Established Member
Hey congrats buddy! I hope it all works out well for ya man! Those mach's are a great, great car :) You're gonna love it! Sometimes its just nice to have a change of scenery, even if everyone else doesnt agree. You've been wanting something newer for a good while now, go for it!

ps- I'd definetly be interested in buying a few of your mods, if you're interested :) Holla back at me man!

SVTCobra3212

Banned
I've been kicking around the same idea. Just a shame my dad got rid of his, could of taken over the payments and blah blah. Goodluck with your decision never the less and keep us posted!!

xxxzach

Established Member
What mods and that stuff do you have? I am looking to buy a SN95 cobra real soon. CY would be awesome to have. Especially one that has a t56 swap :)

CY98Cobra

Established Member
xxxzach said:
What mods and that stuff do you have? I am looking to buy a SN95 cobra real soon. CY would be awesome to have. Especially one that has a t56 swap :)

Here's a list of mods. Hope I remember them all.

-03 Cobra T56 tranny with aluminum driveshaft, Dallas Mustang Speedcal and MGW shifter.
-31 spline Ford diff. with 31 spline moser axles, trick flow diff. cover. New seals throughout.
-BBK longtube headers with DR. Gas o/r x pipe and dynomax race bullets.
-Timing Adjuster and underdrive pullies.
-Subframe connectors.
-Arizen race seats.
-01+ 6-disc cd changer and 01+ console.
-One piece projector headlights with HID's.
-Autometer oil pressure and air fuel ratio guages.
-Saleen s281 wing, cervinis side scoops, painted mirrors.
-Brembo drilled/slotted rotors.
-Screamin Demon livewires and coil packs.
-Eibach Pro Kit with Tokico shocks/struts and Steeda CC plates.
-MM urethane spring isolators and swaybar bushings.

I think that's it, I might have forgot a couple.

I know for the extra money of the Mach I could add a blower, turbo, etc. But that's not what I'm wanting. My period of wanting to have the fastest car possible is over. I want a low mileage stock car that looks and runs good, the Mach is exactly that. The one I'm buying is bone stock (still has original tires and brakes) and will be kept that way. The only mods I want is a shifter, tinted windows and maybe exhaust. It has a Ford extended warranty and I don't want to ruin that.

I went and test drove it today and loved it. The car ran good (very nice powerband), had good seats and the shaker hood is killer from the inside. I've had three sn95's (2 Cobra's and 1 v6), I'm ready for a change of pace. Not to mention I've wanted a Mach since they came out. The money will be sent out tomorrow so I hope to be in it by next weekend. There will be pics of them both together when I get it.

Last edited:

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
You are a stronger man than I, if you can stick to a shifter, tint, and exhaust. LOL

glad to see you are getting your dream car though. it's azure blue too, right?

Lightning LA

Mark it ZERO!
Established Member
Be sure to let me know how much you want for your 98,i've started to like Yellow Cobra's more here lately.

Snarf

Lacey Chabert FTW!
Established Member
Hey congrats buddy! You gotta gimme a call when you get it man, I want to check it out! :) I'm pumped for ya man!

CY98Cobra

Established Member
I will Derek.

I'm asking $10k with everything on it.

Yes the Mach is Azure Blue. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow.

Jackie Chan

getin' slizurd on da goos
Established Member
nice car, but i wouldnt buy any 94-04 car over what you have now unless it were an 03/04 cobra. I see it as more of a lateral move otherwise. Mach1s are great and all, but for the difference in price the cobras are a better buy and will bring more money down the road. Just wait until people cant touch shelby's for lesss than 45-50k, a 25-30k 03/04 cobra becomes very attractive as an alternative.

I love your current car, i think i really want to own one someday. btw wanna trade headlights and $$$ or sell yours if you still have your stockers. btwx2 get a cobra instead.

CY98Cobra

Established Member
I appreciate everyone's opinion but this thread wasn't asking advice. It was to inform you of what I was doing. My mind is made up, the deal is made. Like it or not as of tom. I'm a Mach owner.

I've said from day one I'd rather have a Mach than an 03-4 Cobra, I wasn't kidding. The Cobra's are great but I have no desire to own one.

Users who are viewing this thread