Looks like I'm going to be selling the car.

BooRail85

Banned
congrats on the Mach Josh. I too have wanted one since way back when.

And that is a heck of a deal on your car! 10k! wow. If I could find a buyer for mine, id snatch that up!

Tabres

Not without incident
Established Member
Jackie Chan said:
at least you got another rare color thats good looking.

Haha... last fall my girlfriend and I saw an Azure Blue Mach 1 going the opposite direction on the Interstate. I mentioned how I really liked the color and would love to have a Mach 1 and she said that it's an ugly color, and that blue Mustangs in general were ugly and if my car were blue she'd never ride in it. I told her she'd eventually get tired of walking...

Last edited:

Red98CobraStang

Got Torque?
Established Member
congrats josh! I'm in the same boat. I love my car to death, and with only 40k miles, its still nice and fresh. I just want something newer. I too want a mach 1, but I want orange..... I wouldnt be able to keep it stock. Id probably do gears, intake, x pipe, catback, suspension and ofcourse wheels. I HATE the mach 1 wheels. they look so small.

Anyways, good luck and I hope you really enjoy the mach. Also, 10k is a steal for that car!!!

SKMCOBRA

Just the Facts
Established Member
CY98Cobra said:
I know for the extra money of the Mach I could add a blower, turbo, etc. But that's not what I'm wanting. My period of wanting to have the fastest car possible is over. I want a low mileage stock car that looks and runs good, the Mach is exactly that. The one I'm buying is bone stock (still has original tires and brakes) and will be kept that way. The only mods I want is a shifter, tinted windows and maybe exhaust. It has a Ford extended warranty and I don't want to ruin that.
I give you six months or your first defeat before you change your mind. The Machs are only faster than our cars off the line and maybe slightly in 2nd gear. My buddy has an orange 04 and we have run each other several times, before mods and after. Most recently after he went with 4.10's and I with 3.73's. From a roll I was faster! They are awesome cars, but w/o modding it will feel slow to you in a few weeks. Especially when you get beat by that first LS1. :p

Snarf

Lacey Chabert FTW!
Established Member
Hersheyman said:
I give you six months or your first defeat before you change your mind. The Machs are only faster than our cars off the line and maybe slightly in 2nd gear. My buddy has an orange 04 and we have run each other several times, before mods and after. Most recently after he went with 4.10's and I with 3.73's. From a roll I was faster! They are awesome cars, but w/o modding it will feel slow to you in a few weeks. Especially when you get beat by that first LS1. :p

Not everyone cares about being the fastest man. There is allways a faster guy out there, regardless of how much rwhp you'rer putting down.

Modded cars can give you headaches man, especially when you've done as much as Josh has. Add in a few years of age to the mix, and they can become a PITA. Things that should be simple end up taking all freaking morning, b/c of a seized up groud wirer [inside joke :)]

Its just nice to have an easy to drive, dependable car you can just hop into and take off, and not have to deal with anything funky. I can 100% relate to ya man.

I love my wifes Neon just for that reason, you just ho pin it and go. You don't have any drama to deal with/think about. It just does its job and goes. It's great.

You're gonna LOVE that mach man! I bet ya 5 bucks you'll be putting on at least a MGW and a catback though, hehe :)

Its just nice to have new shit that works without any drama :) Congrats buddy!

Users who are viewing this thread