Lost to a Ford GT last night

Thump_rrr

Established Member
Late last night I was coming home from a friends house.
It was a great night for driving wih temps in the 60's
I merged onto the highway and I saw a car with a low roofline coming up fairly quickly.
He pulls up beside me and for some reason I wasn't expecting him to want to run me so I had it in 4th.
A couple of seconds later he hit it and I followed with him putting bus lengths on me which is more than I expected. When he let off there was about 10 second of flames coming out of the exhaust so I assume he wasn't stock.

He slowed back down and I caught up to him.
This time I was in 3rd doing about 70.
He waited for me to hit it this time and by the time I was at the top of 4th he had probably 3-4 car lengths on me.

If he was stock I expected it to be a drivers race since my car runs 11.13-11.14 with 40 less HP than it has now.
We drove together for about 10 minutes and before pulling off he lowered his window and gave a thumbs up. I did the same and we went our separate ways.

Last edited:

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
cool story, im sure it was a pulley/tune special, those cars are fast, unfortunately in a few years, or now, it is so easy to make a mustang pull on one, however you can not beat the looks of that car ever!

Plan to run my GT500 vs my Uncles FGT in a month before snow falls. His is pullied (but it is not a super small one)

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
no shame there Pete, the FGT is a bad ass ride, seems like it was a cool owner as well.

JesseSVTJames

Established Member
no shame there Pete, the FGT is a bad ass ride, seems like it was a cool owner as well.

Which is rare! Everyone I have met have been nothing but douches! Come to think of it most exoctic type owners are douches. Dont wanna play with the over priced toys!

4a7191a

Established Member
i think just getting a GT to race you is somewhat of a win. kudos to the awesome death that was worth bragging about :)

da5deuce

heatsoaked
Established Member
Nice death. I still haven't seen one on the road.

Sent from my tuna boat note using Tapatalk 2

03MUSCLE

03 MUSCLE
Established Member
There's a Red with White striped one in my nieborhood I sometimes see it on sunday mornings when Im fishing on my boat go over the bridge. Sucks Im never in my car. I usualy hear it before I see it. Love the sound of those cars!!!!!!!!!

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
I merged onto the highway and I saw a car with a low roofline coming up fairly quickly.
He pulls up beside me and for some reason I wasn't expecting him to want to run me so I had it in 4th.
A couple of seconds later he hit it and I followed with him putting bus lengths on me which is more than I expected. When he let off there was about 10 second of flames coming out of the exhaust so I assume he wasn't stock.

He waited for me to hit it this time and by the time I was at the top of 4th he had probably 3-4 car lengths on me.

If he was stock I expected it to be a drivers race since my car runs 11.13-11.14 with 40 less HP than it has now.
We drove together for about 10 minutes and before pulling off he lowered his window and gave a thumbs up. I did the same and we went our separate ways.

If your GT runs low 11s and he put that many cars on you I wouldn't be surprised if he was running a twin-turbo set-up. Those cars are wicked fast! Could you hear them spooling?

Great death either way....

Thump_rrr

Established Member

You're not kidding Dave, I'd love to own one.
If your GT runs low 11s and he put that many cars on you I wouldn't be surprised if he was running a twin-turbo set-up. Those cars are wicked fast! Could you hear them spooling?

Great death either way....
I can't hear much over my exhaust and blower but i didn't hear any turbos or a blower whine for that matter.
If there was a TT FGT running around I would have probably heard about it.

Last edited:

SneakyPete

Banned

NO PICS??????

WTF.jpg

Franz

Speed Freak
Established Member
You're not kidding Dave, I'd love to own one.

I can't hear much over my exhaust and blower but i didn't hear any turbos or a blower whine for that matter.
If there was a TT FGT running around I would have probably heard about it.

There was a TTFGT in Scottsdale a couple years ago (I think it might have been built by Heffner or Evolution) and I'm pretty sure it's 1,000+ at the wheels. A friend of mine has a Heffner-built TT Gallardo that runs around 900awhp and there is no way I would get near that car unless I just wanted to see what it felt like to get waxed. :burnout:

Jroc

Established Member
cool story, im sure it was a pulley/tune special, those cars are fast, unfortunately in a few years, or now, it is so easy to make a mustang pull on one, however you can not beat the looks of that car ever!

Plan to run my GT500 vs my Uncles FGT in a month before snow falls. His is pullied (but it is not a super small one)

Pretty sure HP for HP a FGT will still pull on pretty much any 94+ Mustang fairly easy everything else being equal(factory weights, etc) especially when speeds start reaching triple digits. A FGT is just such a much more high end, and better engineered car than a Mustang, and with it's high price tag it can afford to use much better materials and such in it's motor/structure/suspension/etc.

Just look at the aluminum structure it's built on. You know how caged out, and beefed up a Mustang platform would have to be to put it on this things level?(and then it would likely be one heavy as hell steel platform Mustang) Then look at it's aerodynamics both the ones you see, and then under the car. The car was just an American exotic.

20kprs.jpg

9lbus7.jpg

I've seen better looking cars in a picture, but in person I've never seen nothing that will compete with it's looks. It's one of those cars that pictures don't do justice.

Great death OP. I would love to have one beat the shit out of me and my L.

Last edited:

stkjock

Corn Powered 900 HP!
Established Member
This is a friends old TT Compound FGT

[youtube_browser]lxqkJu9QSLA[/youtube_browser]

Users who are viewing this thread