LOUISIANA 03 COBRA GATHERING....

SVT 03 Cobra

Originally posted by byevette
Hope everyone had a safe new year.

OK, who is in? So far we have Bobby, myself, Kino, IceBourg?, SnkEyes?, Peyt33?, from SE. LA. what about the northern '03's? and SW LA?

:beer:
I'm in, I'll meet everyone on their way though Lafayette. About 11 right?

Pulleyman

Established Member
Glad to hear about the convoy. Be careful in St. Landry parish. They will write you up at 78 mph. I have told a few peope in A-town about this. Hope to have some local hot-rods out to greet you.BTW the Optima battery I am giving away is the top of the line yellow top. The best for the best...hope a chevy doesn't win it...just kidding...be careful. David

acatalon

Established Member
The drive is about 75 miles from Hooters in B/R to Evangeline downs. From I-10 take the I-49 exit north...drive north to the Gloria switch exit. (appx 1.7 miles) Take a quick right to the stop light then a quick left onto Frontage Rd which parallels I-49...Evangeline downs is about half a mile away on your right. the plan is to leave Evangeline Downs at 11 am promptly then procede to Alex. (note ).....State Troopers patrol the strip between Lafayette and Alexandria quite heavily......So lets try to stay at a reasonable speed to not attract the wrong kind of attention... The median is heavily marked from Troopers cutting through it to chase down speeders.......Thanks Stangman

ps...If anyone wants to Bring Special Tools Like a Pulley Tool or such to show what it looks like feel free to do so..:coolman:

Last edited by a moderator:

acatalon

Established Member
I have 4 definites from Lafayette...my blk 03, Curtis wht 03, Gordon min gray 03, Randy red saleen 03..we are short 1, totaled his vert last weekend, wheels up....But he's looking to replace it.

SnkEyes

Mystical SVT Poster
Established Member
Troy is Curtis your brother? Is Randy going to drive or haul the Saleen 03? It looks like we are going to have a much larger crowd this time around.

See you Saturday.

IcebourgGT500

Established Member
DAMN!! I can not get the swap for Saturday.........have to work all weekend.......SUCKS! I am very upset about not being able to make it........sorry. Just the site of 15 03's in one spot with hotrods all around gets me pumped!!

acatalon

Established Member
Curtis is my brother and lives two houses down from me, Randy is planning to drive his Saleen..has about 600 miles on it. He is canceling a dyno appt to be part of the action. How many guys from North east and n/w la. coming down? Hey! Randy just told me a neurologist in Lafayette is the owner of one of the three FORD GT's built for 2003!!!!!:-D

Cool Blue R

Established Member
Where and when is everyone goin to meet in laffeyette, i live in houma,and i am goin to ride with afriend in his mint 95gt,cause my 2000 got t boned and my 92lx is goin thru a twin hair drier setup right now hehehe

acatalon

Established Member
Check with Byevette, he is in the New Orleans Area, they will convoy to Baton Rouge to meet the guys there, then on to Lafayette...We are Departing Evangeline Downs on I-49 at 11am for Alex. Maybe you can bring John Jackson from Houma with one of his Prize Stangs....

byevette

Momento Mori
Established Member
UPDATE:
The "executive assistant" (secretary) from Hixson's Autoplex, the one who said we were a liability, just left a message for me asking:
When we are planning on meeting
What time can we be there
How long will we be there

My guess for her change of heart is that Dallas Hixson is back in town and told her she was an idiot for not inviting us and told her to get on the phone. I will let you all know what they said after I call them back.

Who from northeren Louisiana is planning on going? A's Cobra, 03BLKCOBRA? Let us know if you are still planning on coming?

Last edited:

byevette

Momento Mori
Established Member
OK, I just got off the phone with the "executive assistant". Hixson's Autoplex has changed their tune and are welcoming us to their dealership tomorrow. They are going to be clearing a section of Mazda's for us to park and showcase our cars.

If anyone gets there before 12 noon, ask for Tim Free, he is the asst. gen. manager and he will direct where to park.

If there are any questions or concerns send me an email or pm. See you all tomorrow.

Chris

03BLKCOBRA

Established Member
Sounds good I think we are starting a sweet thing. We have a small crew from North La. Coming . I am glad The Ford place came to there sinces..

IF ANYONE CARES
i HAVE A PAIR OF 315 35 17 NITTOS I AM SELLING,, THERE ABOUT A MONTH OLD AND ONLY ONE TIME AT THE TRACK. IF YOU ARE INTERRESTED CALL ME BEFORE SAT. MORNING AND I WILL BRING THEM TO ALEX. ASKING 250.$

318 345 8622
Carl

later

byevette

Momento Mori
Established Member
OK, Peyt33 and I are meeting in LaPlace at 8-8:15AM Saturday morning.

Then will meet up in Baton Rouge at Hooters around 9:00-9:30AM.

Then to Lafayette to meet up with Stangman and his crew for 11:00 and into Alexandria for noon.

How does this sound with everyone? Comments or suggestions...

acatalon

Established Member
Sounds like a plan to me......I will be checking the forum for updates or questions >>>Maybe I can Get Name tags for us...I am terrible with names.

Pulleyman

Established Member
Just got back from Logan's. Everything is set up for us to have the room from 12:00 to 3:00. I've got nothing against Hixson's, Dallas is a friend of mine but, Logan's has a huge parking lot. It is part of the parking lot for K-mart supercenter-now shut down. Good food, good drinks, good staff. I have been on the phone a bunch for the past two days telling people about this. There is a lot of local interest. Just my 2cents but, all the locals ae expecting it to be @ Logan's. If you guy's don't want to met there, please let me know so I can cancel the reservation and call all the people about the change.Peace ,David

SVT 03 Cobra

Logan's, HIxson, not sure it makes any difference.... lots of great cars, and good people.... what ever ya'll decide, i'm there.

acatalon

Established Member
If Logans is right next door , lets park at Hixon and Eat at Logans the reserved room should be adequate for us to have a group lunch?

Pulleyman

Established Member
Stangman, Logan's is not exactly next door. There is a street two businesses and a parking lot in between. Man I am getting pumped up about seeing all your cars. I was at WFC in St.Louis this year. They had an 03 vert on display. Every time I went to the pits I was drawn to it by an uncontrolable force. I love these cars just can't fit it into finances at this time, too many projects. Unless I hear more before I leave the house I will probably set up at Logan's. I am going to have the give away box in the meeting room. Better to be in one place than spred out. Well, what ever you guys decide,it's your party, I'm just an unsolicated sponsor. Have a safe trip, David

Users who are viewing this thread