Lowered the Cobra (H&R SS)

Tim Lester

Established Member
I started early Saturday afternoon. The fronts weren't hard. Once I got to the left rear, it took some time. It also was getting dark, so I had to finish Sunday. As Sunday came, I started early. It took a little time to get the left rear in, but once I did the other side wasn't bad. The ride isn't any different than stock. You may feel the bumps a LITTLE more, but it's not harsh. I love it. Here's some pics.:burnout:

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

Last edited:

SALEENGTROUSH

who wants to race ?
Established Member
Damn that looks sick!!!! :bowdown: did u do it by urself?? i heard u need a spring compressor for the rears?? i cant wait to get mine

Tim Lester

Established Member
Originally posted by SALEENGTROUSH
Damn that looks sick!!!! :bowdown: did u do it by urself?? i heard u need a spring compressor for the rears?? i cant wait to get mine

Thanks for the replies, guys. Yes, I did all the work by myself with some help from my son. I went to Autozone to pick up an inner spring compressor. I only used it for the rear.

jeffsvt

Established Member
Very nice ! I love the way your car looks ! One day when I decide on my suspension set-up I will lower mine . Damn those pictures are making want to order the SS springs right now !

Todd03Blown

Established Member
Originally posted by thexman10
Looks great man................Did you use the stock spring isolators?

Based on his pics it looks like he did use the stock isolators....but I could be wrong:beer:

Last edited:

mosconiac

Established Member
WOW, that is like looking in a mirror. I did my Satin Silver this weekend and that looks exactly like mine (mine is wingless though). I used the H&R SS's, MM isolators in the front, and factory in the rear. At first, the car was still to high, but the springs settled in quickly.

Wheelwell.......Front.....Rear
Stock...............27.2"....27.6"
Just After.........26.6"....27.0"
2 Days After....26.0"....26.1"

Within the week I'll have my 18" AFS's on with the 315/275 Pilot Sport combo.

If anyone is considering this job, I can give some installation tips.

Mosconiac

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice Tim. The height looks perfect! How does it corner now? Much better? A little better? I remember when I had Callaway installed their lowering springs on my Camaro it felt like it was hooked on a rail. The cornering was night and day different.

Nice job!!

fubu795

Banned
Your car looks rediculas, I'm definitly making that one of my next mods. What type of Digital Camera do you use, those are extremely clear pictures?

LCCOBRA

Established Member
Originally posted by Raging Rio
great looking car!did you buy aftermarket CC plates or no?

Originally posted by o3SnakeBite
That looks great! Also those rims are 18's right?

What they asked and also were did you buy thinking of doing lowering springs soon...BTW very nice drop..

Todd03Blown

Established Member
You can buy the H&R springs from Maximum Motorsports or Tirerack. I am running the race springs on my 03, they have a higher spring rate both front and rear but dont drop the car as much. I also used the urethane isolators and ordered my springs and isolators from maximum motorsports. I will try to post my pics with the race springs and 18" chrome saleen replicas.

SVTdubs

have you seen my baseball
Established Member
looks good Tim! See ya around this week! Im breaking in my clutch so no racing!!! lol Good choice with the H&R's. It looks amazing with the 18's!!!

Users who are viewing this thread