LOWERING" Anyone Notice The Odd Stance On Most Lowered S550's

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
Friend of mine recently purchased a 15 Triple Yellow base GT and was asking me what springs id go with, I told him ive always gone with the Prokit with my cars because the ride wasnt harsh and the stance had the slight front rake to it....however from what ive seen on all the posted pics and vids available of the new S550's the rear seems to sit lower then the front with most lowering kits unless running coilovers...is it just me or have others noticed this same thing with S550 lowering springs?

14ksstang

Established Member
I honestly think it's just the design of the car it's self. Mine at stock height looks the same way, almost a reverse rake.

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
Pro-kit goes lower in the front.

i havent seen a car sit with a forward rake on the new 2015's unless it has coilovers hopefully someone comes out with this kinda spring setup....my buddy thinks he may put sportlines up front and pro kit out back to achieve the desired stance....probably work for what he wants but sux to have to buy 2 sets of springs for it to sit the way he wants it and the way it should sit to begin with....

KonaFifty

Established Member
the prokit goes lower in front .1" which is nothing...i am actually waiting for bmr to come out with some rear springs and see what their front springs are like. h&r super sports are usually 1.7" drop in the front or i may go eibach sportline fronts with bmr's rear depending...

benni302

Established Member
Side view of my Pro Kit on my PP S550; Keep in mind, the rear tire is taller. You can see the slight rake it has to it:
20150321_180435.jpg

20150321_180507.jpg

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
^^^^
^^^^
yours looks to be one of the better stance but from many of the cars ive seen and even some of the available shop install vids online its clear to see most have a reverse rake...put any weight in the rear half of the car and its even worse. My buddy has decided to put sportlines up front and pro kit out back to get the desired front rake hes looking for..when installed ill ask him for some pics and post them up.

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
perhaps the car itself sits level but the wheel gap up front seems to be bigger then at the back of many that i have seen....they sit as i describe from the factory and atleast through my eyes it doesnt look like any spring compensates for the bigger front wheel to fender gap....here are a couple of examples

IMG_1996_zpsefe0d625.jpg

Milan-Wheel-2015-Mustang-Eco_zpscf28cb60.jpg

eibachsideview_zpsi6ejevdc.jpg

maybe im to picky but i prefer the wheel gap in the rear to be slightly more then the front and in these pics its a rearward rake based on wheel to fender gap imo

rrg9946

Established Member
So out of the three cars you chose, the only one that has aftermarket springs is the Yellow car. The top two have factory ride height. With that being said, I do see what you are saying in regards to the front gap being slightly larger. Wheel and tire combo will have a lot to do with that as well. Also I'm sure a lot of these pics were taken before the springs really settled.......
Here's an example of a good stance as you speak of:
2015-mustang-lowering-spring-guide_8897.jpg
Here's a nice square set up with factory wheels/tires
2015-mustang-lowering-spring-guide_3769.jpg
Here's a before and after:
before-after.jpg

Def see a trend though......

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
here is his car with forgestars sitting factory stock and you can see how the gap is much bigger in the front then the back...i think going with the sportlines for the front and the pros for the rear will cure this.

99CB321A-89F1-4D30-9AF3-F2B1C76E4A7B_zpspqg8hdga.jpg

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
imo with the 05-14's you could install a set of pros and get the desired rake...pros are all i ran on my stangs since 05 and was always happy with the stance.

Users who are viewing this thread