LOWERING" Anyone Notice The Odd Stance On Most Lowered S550's

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
So out of the three cars you chose, the only one that has aftermarket springs is the Yellow car. The top two have factory ride height. With that being said, I do see what you are saying in regards to the front gap being slightly larger. Wheel and tire combo will have a lot to do with that as well. Also I'm sure a lot of these pics were taken before the springs really settled.......
Here's an example of a good stance as you speak of:
View attachment 38552
Here's a nice square set up with factory wheels/tires
View attachment 38553
Here's a before and after:
View attachment 38554

Def see a trend though......

the grey car is what looks best of what you posted.

Last edited:

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
my buddy went with sportlines up front and pro kit out back as mentioned....now the car sits the way it should. wheels are 19x9 front f14 with 255/40/19 tires and rears are 19x11 with 305/35/19 drag radials...perfect rake.

A3179ABB-23B9-4F91-85FF-05958C4ADBB9_zpsfebq2jzs.jpg

Last edited:

RSKtakR

Established Member
I like that rake, but I don't care to buy almost $700 in springs only to have a set of fronts/rears that no one else will wants sitting in my garage. Also aren't those spring sets (pro-kit and sportline) both different spring rates meaning that the pro-kit is all one matching spring rate and the sportline kit is a different spring rate.. like a "kit" that all work together?

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
He didnt care about the cost or the different spring rates...he was interested in having the perfect stance and thats how he was able to achieve it...said he drove the car about 300 miles and says its perfect...

KonaFifty

Established Member
I like that rake, but I don't care to buy almost $700 in springs only to have a set of fronts/rears that no one else will wants sitting in my garage. Also aren't those spring sets (pro-kit and sportline) both different spring rates meaning that the pro-kit is all one matching spring rate and the sportline kit is a different spring rate.. like a "kit" that all work together?

spring rates are generally not far off from one another...and rates change from how short or longer they are to compensate for it...having different rates front to rear is not something that is going to make you lose your life over...people are too paranoid about this...

BMR Tech

Our "performance" spring kit will sit kinda similar to the Yellow 15 above.

I hope to have the pre-production test batch in, in about 3 weeks or so. ;)

RSKtakR

Established Member
I'll just be more than happy to try out a set of the BMR "performance" springs lol. Guess I'll be holding off on springs now until these come out.

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Eibach Sportlines 2.3 front and 1.7 rear. Loving it :)

Went from stock 19s to 20's.
My driveway has a slight slope to the street

Before:

attachment.php

After:

attachment.php

2L8IWON

"I'm on the Mutha Fugger"
Established Member
Keep in mind most people are running a 35 profile rear, which looks bulbous on these cars for some reason, which visually throws the entire equation off.

Users who are viewing this thread