LOWERING" Anyone Notice The Odd Stance On Most Lowered S550's

Carbon Driven

Established Member
Im getting a new set of tires next week or two and getting Toyo T1 Sports which have a better side profile vs these Acceleras and will look a bit bigger for the same size tires

35 fronts and 30 rears. I always try to check the tire specs and see if I can get both exactly the same diameter or circumference. Thinking that on the S550 I may need to step up the rears a bit somehow

lsxjunkie

Established Member
Reverse rake only looks good on Trophy Trucks and prerunners.

002-14.jpg

It's almost as if the S550s have a bigger front wheel well. So far only the Eibach cars look right to me.

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
^^^for me a pro kit or sportline kit still sits to low in the back compared to the front....my buddy and i both went sportlines up front and pro kit out back...here is my car on that setup.

20177A84-F79B-45E3-8A92-0D08D484ABFF_zpscrtrn0y4.jpg

Ry_Trapp0

Condom Model
Established Member
me thinks some people don't realize how large of a difference there is between the measurements of the front and rear wheel gap vs comparing the angle of the rocker panel to the ground. the yellow car above, for example has a pretty damn heavy rake, regardless of what the fender gaps are telling you. i've thrown some lines on the shot to really show how heavy the rake actually is...

65084.png

...the 2 verticle lines represent the body rake to tire contact patch(or, level ground) separation taken at the very front and very rear edges of the car. now, that image exaggerates how steep the rake is because we're essentially looking down at the rocker panel - a true visualization would be a picture taken level with the center of the rocker panel(if the center of the rocker panel is 3" of the ground, then the camera should be ~3" off the ground, ideally taking into account the radius of the lens). but, this not-100%-accurate pic gets the point across none the less.

Last edited:

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
spring rates are generally not far off from one another...and rates change from how short or longer they are to compensate for it...having different rates front to rear is not something that is going to make you lose your life over...people are too paranoid about this...

Bringing this back up since I want to let you all know that I bought a pro kit for my 2012 and hated the fact the rear was still way higher than the front even though it advertised 1" front and 1.5" rear. It did drop it 1" in the front and about exactly 1" in the rear too if that. I finally bought a rear set of BMR rears and Kelly assured me after asking my tire size it would drop it another .5" and sure enough it did. I have been running that ever since and no ill handling or ride affects. Just wanted to throw that out there since I was a little worried too but it's fine. The car sits good to me too. It's just barely lower in the front by maybe 1/4"

ALLKHEINZ

Established Member
me thinks some people don't realize how large of a difference there is between the measurements of the front and rear wheel gap vs comparing the angle of the rocker panel to the ground. the yellow car above, for example has a pretty damn heavy rake, regardless of what the fender gaps are telling you. i've thrown some lines on the shot to really show how heavy the rake actually is...

65084.png

...the 2 verticle lines represent the body rake to tire contact patch(or, level ground) separation taken at the very front and very rear edges of the car. now, that image exaggerates how steep the rake is because we're essentially looking down at the rocker panel - a true visualization would be a picture taken level with the center of the rocker panel(if the center of the rocker panel is 3" of the ground, then the camera should be ~3" off the ground, ideally taking into account the radius of the lens). but, this not-100%-accurate pic gets the point across none the less.
you make a good point but the car wasnt sitting on level ground really in that photo now that i think about it....the rear was sitting up on a patch of solid concrete...hard to perhaps see in the pics but here is a shot of my car now with the same spring setup...

5ED0499A-E811-4AAF-A443-3C1295289CAE_zpsv05hhsru.jpg

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
The 2016 Cali Special looks like the old rake to me.

2016-Mustang-GT-California-Special-1.jpg

Last edited:

99riocobra

i like ice cream
Established Member
his car on flat surface

796DD6CA-927D-4D1D-9AE0-292E9611E4D6_zpsr4f3wbun.jpg
Like mentioned earlier, this is a ton of rake. To me looks a little off on a new car like the S550 with nice body lines. Mustangs have have had larger wheel wells in the front for a while (New edge), just have to reference other points to get it right.

airborne0415

Established Member
Been looking all over for a discussion about this I thought I was the only one who was thinking this ...lol ..cant wait for a one kit solution to this what seems to be very difficult issue to solve .

Laztug

Established Member
Is that a 255/35/20 font?
315/35 rear?

Stance resembles this vette.
maybe just a bad angle? Front tire a little thin? I am sure it looks better in person.
80-image_a4068bafd4963c0b4fbc093838a15f0305fb821d.jpg

kcsburk

Established Member
Quote Originally Posted by ALLKHEINZ View Post
his car on flat surface

Perfection!!!

I love the stance on the yellow car. I have only ever been able to get a good rake by using the Ford K Springs. I have not seen any released by FR yet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread