LS-1 Motorsports 3" Exhaust

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Man if mine looked like socals that would drive me nuts. Mine aren't perfectly aligned, but close. I am going to go to the local experts Mad Hatter and have everything behind the cats aligned and welded up. My only delay is I am concerned if I do that and the long tubes don't mate up right then it will be a pita to fix. I might just have the straighten and weld from the x-pipe back so that the pipes before the x can be manipulated.

matt lankford

all is sold
THANKS!!! im starting to get a tad worried, about loweing the car 1.5 inches. oh well, whats done is done, we will see how it turns out tommorrow i hope...found out about an hr ago that im getting my day off taken due to the holliday, ***ed up business eh, most people get days off for hollidays. your car is stock height correct?

looks like you need some tires, lol... wonder why

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
No RTV and only one minor leak actually on the driver front cat connection. Mine is stock height. The 95 Cobra I traded in for this was lowered around an 1.5" it had the lowest eibach springs and it sucked to drive in Florida. I am very happy with the stock height and this car handles better then that one which had every suspension component Steeda sells. btw, have I said Steeda sucks lately. :lol: I am planning on going with the AFS 10.5" rims and might get the 18s so it fills up the wheel well better. How long did it take to install the QMP long tubes I know I will have to drop the K-member and was thinking about going with the MM k-member if I did that, but am not sure if I want to go there yet. My next parts are MM full subs, MM CC plates, and new rear rims and tires. The tires have around a month left I have over 4500 miles on them which sucks because I really don't spin them a lot I hate Goodyear how are the Nittos?

matt lankford

all is sold
i have 2 miles on the nittos, with a busted manifold gasket. the header collector hangs what appears to be about an inch below the MM subframe connector. the MM k member setup cost big $$$$ , like 3 times that of a D&D. too rich for my blood. i might be able to go pick up the car tommorrow, im not sure how long it took them to install but im already dreading my labor bill and i dont even know how much it is

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
It cost around 1500 for everything you need , but it and Griggs are the only suspension companies I trust any more. Are you in Florida?

matt lankford

all is sold
lakeland (between tampa and orlando) ramseys in tampa is where my car is. i spent 649 shipped on the whole setup, the only problem is that the coil overs dont fit the bilstiens right, so they are modifing them for me. i dont know if they are all like mine or if they shipped the wrong ones. 1500 to take out 40 pounds is nuts. the MM and griggs setups are huge, made for opentracking. i wont be doing any 90 mph dives lap after lap for half of any of my sunday afternoons. i think i will be fine with the D&D, aje is also nice, they can even powdercoat to match the color of your car for no additional $$

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I am into turns as well as straight. I am more concerned with the modified connection points correcting the old fairlane suspension then losing 40 Ibs. Some might say the same for the long-tubes only giving 30 rwhp and costing over 1,500 with installation. But then again my last high speed merge from I-595 to the Turnpike north which is a big 270 degree loop that is like a rollercoaster my rear kicked out at around 100 mph before my front plowed so it is definitely better then my old Cobra. Actually there is an area near where I live in the middle of nowhere that is very curvy and secluded and I was ripping through it and a car came hauling a$$ behind me. It turned out to be a WRX I was shocked it was keeping up I was doing over 80 mph. I can't have that.

matt lankford

all is sold
there are people auto-xing with the D&D and the AJE too though, i searched every post on the corral and stang net on the word k member and the only thing i could find about breaking was a guy with a aje that he had rigged for his LTs. crank up the boost and you wont have much to worry about. alot of the reason i did the LTs was becasue i blew the stock manifold and ford wouldnt warranty it with the mods on the car. so the install price for new gaskets was damn near the same as it would have been to de-mod the car and then there were no guarantees of them not seeing that a chip had been in. so i figured it throw some LTs in while it was open since i was gonna spend the dough anyway. rob made me a ok deal on them and i should pick up a bunch of TQ and hopefully alot of hp too, running the 18lbs of boost. i was quoted $550 for install of the headers, k member, coil overs, a arms, CC plates. i just did the K member to get some weight off the front of the car and lower it at the same time, IMHO these things look way better 1-1.5 inches lower.

matt lankford

all is sold
Originally posted by 03ShadowCobra
I think it's crap for one reason only it's made by some crappy LS-1 supplier. LS-1's SUCK ass.

headsup.jpg

that might be the dumbest thing that ive ever seen on the internet.

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by matt lankford
headsup.jpg

that might be the dumbest thing that ive ever seen on the internet.

No its not the dumbest I think this is the dumbest.

Stupid Idiot

But it is definitely up there. btw he also makes parts for Vipers and Buick Grand Nationals.

ALLNTRL

Established Member
I think it's crap for one reason only it's made by some crappy LS-1 supplier. LS-1's SUCK ass.
That is about the most childish statement I have ever heard!!! You don't like Rob's exhaust because he also supplies parts for GM performance cars? WTF is that? :shrug: Who gives a shit if he makes performance products for GM's as well as Fords, his QMP exhaust is excellent quality and one of the best performing exhaust systems available for an 03' Cobra, PERIOD!!!! Have you ever even met ROB? He is one of the nicest and most stand-up business men that I have met and I look forward to doing business with him in the future. I think you should be glad that another company has stepped up to the plate to develop performance products for our cars (reguardless if he makes parts for other brands as well :rolleyes: ) as it can do nothing but improve our hobby as a whole and give us more products with which to improve the performance of our own rides.

03ShadowCobra

To the Hindenpeter!!!
Established Member
It was all a joke, I was just messing with someone I work with because I knew he would read this. (he is an LS-1 owner). I have the QMP ready to install after the damn winter is over up here in New England. Sorry to get everyone so upset.

Mr. Reality

Established Member
Originally posted by ALLNTRL
That is about the most childish statement I have ever heard!!! You don't like Rob's exhaust because he also supplies parts for GM performance cars? WTF is that? :shrug: Who gives a shit if he makes performance products for GM's as well as Fords, his QMP exhaust is excellent quality and one of the best performing exhaust systems available for an 03' Cobra, PERIOD!!!! Have you ever even met ROB? He is one of the nicest and most stand-up business men that I have met and I look forward to doing business with him in the future. I think you should be glad that another company has stepped up to the plate to develop performance products for our cars (reguardless if he makes parts for other brands as well :rolleyes: ) as it can do nothing but improve our hobby as a whole and give us more products with which to improve the performance of our own rides.

Well it may be a joke to you but too me its not very funny. You give all 03 Cobra owners a very bad name with statements like that one. We take our cars very seriously here and although we like to take cracks at the competition from time to time that was going way too far. You shouldn't even be allowed to own an 03 Cobra because you're obviously way too childish to have one. The more I read your comments regarding that exhaust the more angry I am becoming. How can anything that is made for these beautiful cars be crappy regardless of retailer. You really need to think about what you post before typing it because you are a reflection of the mustang comunity. Quite frankly I'm embarassed to admit that. Please use your noodle before posting. GEEEEZZZ

ALLNTRL

Established Member
It was all a joke, I was just messing with someone I work with because I knew he would read this. (he is an LS-1 owner). I have the QMP ready to install after the damn winter is over up here in New England. Sorry to get everyone so upset.
Sorry but I didn't take it as a joke. (I didn't know :shrug: ) You will LOVE your QMP exhaust. :beer:

ALLNTRL

Established Member
Originally posted by Mr. Reality
Well it may be a joke to you but too me its not very funny. You give all 03 Cobra owners a very bad name with statements like that one. We take our cars very seriously here and although we like to take cracks at the competition from time to time that was going way too far. You shouldn't even be allowed to own an 03 Cobra because you're obviously way too childish to have one. The more I read your comments regarding that exhaust the more angry I am becoming. How can anything that is made for these beautiful cars be crappy regardless of retailer. You really need to think about what you post before typing it because you are a reflection of the mustang comunity. Quite frankly I'm embarassed to admit that. Please use your noodle before posting. GEEEEZZZ
Uh you used my quote instead of 03ShadowCobra's. I was the one defending Rob and QMP.

Users who are viewing this thread