Lucky to be alive

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
It was a daily driver with liability only. I have uninsured motorist with a $250 deductible.

What my State Farm agent told me was that uninsured/underinsured motorist pays for medical expenses, not collision related damage. Maybe what you have is different. I hope you are covered! Googling it, it seems it may vary from state to state. Maybe you have UMPD?

I did find this: "Uninsured Motorist coverage (which is required coverage in many states)
covers injuries that the driver and occupants of a car sustain when the at-fault vehicle was not insured for liability coverage.
UM does not cover the physical damage to the vehicle. UMPD (uninsured motorist property damage), where available, covers that physical damage. UMPD is essentially similar to collision coverage, which is first party insurance that pays regardless of fault, subject to a deductible."

Last edited:

Shaker1

Walkin' on Sunshine
Established Member
Rereading your post and looking at the rear tires in that pic, that is truly an amazing story that you chased her for 10 miles with two blown tires.:thumbsup:

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Rereading your post and looking at the rear tires in that pic, that is truly an amazing story that you chased her for 10 miles with two blown tires.:thumbsup:

I was thinking the exact same thing. Adrenalin came into play there.

Glad the OP is okay as that could have been a nasty and deadly head on collision. Also glad the hit & run driver got caught. I'd love to hear in the end what she gets from this. A slap on the wrist or some fair jail time?

airmanb2b

Established Member
What my State Farm agent told me was that uninsured/underinsured motorist pays for medical expenses, not collision related damage. Maybe what you have is different. I hope you are covered! Googling it, it seems it may vary from state to state. Maybe you have UMPD?

I did find this: "Uninsured Motorist coverage (which is required coverage in many states)
covers injuries that the driver and occupants of a car sustain when the at-fault vehicle was not insured for liability coverage.
UM does not cover the physical damage to the vehicle. UMPD (uninsured motorist property damage), where available, covers that physical damage. UMPD is essentially similar to collision coverage, which is first party insurance that pays regardless of fault, subject to a deductible."

My bad man. You were right. I have the umpd.

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
Glad to hear you are okay. This is the second Sport that I've read about being totaled and holding up okay. What are you plans to replace it with? Hopefully another Sport;)

Users who are viewing this thread