Lunar Guages or Ultra Lite? Which looks better to the stock guages?

Which guages look better?

• Lunar

Votes: 304 71.4%
  • Ultra Lite

Votes: 70 16.4%
  • Other

Votes: 52 12.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BBriBro

Established Member
03eatonitup said:
Does anyone have the Lunar GAUGE CLUSTER replacement? i think they are like 400 bucks.....but would love to see what it looks like in a terminator! Anyone?
Personally I think they are lame. I would expect aftermarket gauges to have numbers on the oil pressure, coolant temp, etc, Not just L and H :shrug: To me it looks too much like an OEM cluster, which isn't an improvement in my opinion. Being that the Cobras already have electro luminescent lighting, I see no reason to swap it, In fact, the Autometer speedo only goes to 150, and the redline on the tach won't be right. Now on a GT, I can see doing it, you get the Lunar lighting with one simple swap, but on a Cobra ?? Silly

WDW MKR

Established Member
BBriBro said:
Personally I think they are lame. I would expect aftermarket gauges to have numbers on the oil pressure, coolant temp, etc, Not just L and H :shrug: To me it looks too much like an OEM cluster, which isn't an improvement in my opinion. Being that the Cobras already have electro luminescent lighting, I see no reason to swap it, In fact, the Autometer speedo only goes to 150, and the redline on the tach won't be right. Now on a GT, I can see doing it, you get the Lunar lighting with one simple swap, but on a Cobra ?? Silly

That's why it isn't made to work with the Cobra.

TRMNATR

Established Member
I have the Lunar FP & A/F ratio gauges in a dash pod. They are slightly brighter and the green is a tinge more blue than the stock gauges, but they look very close in color. Sitting in the driver's seat, you can't really tell the difference between the silver instrument cluster & the white gauge faces. I wired into the light switch rheostat to turn them down, but it would be nice to lower them about 2 notches of intensity to match the stock gauges.

They definately jump out at you at night! You can't go wrong with the lunars.

TRMNATR

Established Member
badboy said:
This looks like Autometer P/N 10005, right? It's shown on their web site with a rectangular hole on the lower left-hand side. I can't see from your photo if you have that hole. If so, what is it for? Also, what paint did you use? Thanks for any info.

The rectangular hole in the picture is for the defroster switch in earlier model mustangs. Get one for the 2000+ mustangs.

If you buy bumper black paint in black & gray & mix them 1/2 & 1/2, you will get an exact match for the dark graphite grey interior color & flatness. You can get an inexpensive spray gun & run it from a can of compressed air for about $30.
Spray the paint from the black can into the paint gun jar to 1/2 full & then spray the grey to fill the other 1/2. Shake & spray. Viola!

You should prime it with "Gorilla Grip" or whatever it is called first. It is a flexible primer that will make the paint stick to the plastic better. :-D

bb83

I like gays
Established Member
badboy said:
This looks like Autometer P/N 10005, right? It's shown on their web site with a rectangular hole on the lower left-hand side. I can't see from your photo if you have that hole. If so, what is it for? Also, what paint did you use? Thanks for any info.

+1

TRMNATR

Established Member
mblgjr said:
So has anyone interfaced an AutoMeter A/F gauge with a wideband O2?
Mine is in process now. I just got a PLX M300 and cut the hole to mount the digital module display in the dash. I need to decide whether to replace one of the front O2 sensors & wire into the ECM with the narrow band output or just put in a new Xpipe without cats & replace a back sensor while I am pulling out the rest of the O2 sensors. I can always throw the stock H pipe back in for the trip to the emissions inspection this fall. ;-)

I could put the WB sensor in the stock mid-pipe behind the cats, but I am fairly certain the reading is not correct so what would be the point of going to all that trouble for an inaccurate reading. :nono:

Wiring the A/F Gauge is easy, because there is a wideband output you hook to your gauge instead of splicing into the O2 sensor wire at the ECM. It's already hooked up so I only need to change 1 wire for that part.

CLarryL

Established Member
NV Wideband

I just put the Wide band and the DPSS pro shift tach/ light, NV series in a speed of sound pillar post.
They look OK but don't exactly match the guage cluster.
The wideband is really active and is constantly shifting.
I think the only ones that really match are from Speed Hut and their Wide band is different.
The DPSS is awesome and lets you watch ahead and still hit the shift points by watching the light with your peripheral vison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread