Lunar Guages or Ultra Lite? Which looks better to the stock guages?

Which guages look better?

• Lunar

Votes: 304 71.4%
  • Ultra Lite

Votes: 70 16.4%
  • Other

Votes: 52 12.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

V8Mustang

Established Member
BBriBro said:
Both, my boost and oil temp gauges are mechanical, but my fuel pressure and oil pressure are both full sweep electric.

Just curious, what is your oil temp once the engine is fully warmed up (ie after 30 minutes of driving)?

BBriBro

Established Member
V8Mustang said:
Just curious, what is your oil temp once the engine is fully warmed up (ie after 30 minutes of driving)?
It's almost always 175-180, One time I saw 200 sitting in traffic with the A/C on. I don't have an aftermarket water temp gauge, But I'm curious how the water temp fluctuates with the oil temp. It seems to be real low, I have the sender in the same port as the factory oil pressure switch at the oil filter, I'd like to put it in the pan some time to see how it compares. Since the oil is cooled by that heat exchanger in the coolant, I may have the sender in the wrong spot.

Aaron_01

Banned
I've had numerous people ask if my Lunars were stock, and that's without a dimmer. I had one guage blow on me, still worked just didn't illuminate.

I've been told, haven't done it, that if you use the Radio Shack 0-to-100 ohm Turn Adjustable Potentiometer (#64W100R-K) you can get them to match up damn near perfect.

BBriBro

Established Member
03 DSG Snake said:
Anyone have pics of the LED bulbs in Ultra Lites?
Have you read this whole thread? I realize it's getting pretty old, but all the info and even the pictures are still there.

Edit: I see you even responded to my pics from a long time ago, so I'm not sure what you're asking, since I have LED bulbs and Ultra-Lites.

Last edited:

Aaron_01

Banned
BBriBro said:
if you're asking me, go to page two, the 2nd post, click the link that talks about the LED bulbs.

I checked there but you did not have the WLED-5 Wide Angle LED bulbs. No worries, your gauge threads are quite informative.

built93cobra

BIG GIB
Established Member
Do they make replacment bulbs for the lunar series? If they do, can they be used in the ultra lite's to get the right color to match our cars?

03 DSG Snake

Unknown Cyborg
Established Member
According to Autometer, there's some sort of resistor you can wire inline to the power feed for the gage to cut some voltage back, make it dimmer, and make it last longer.

That being said, those bad boys being the 2nd most expensive Autometer guages kind of pisses me off that I can't just replace a 'bulb' when they burn.

SVT04

Established Member
OR.... you can do what I am going to do. After driving Honda Civic beaters for many years I know that the 70's civics had a neat little dash light dimmer rheostat separate from the headlight switch that can be adapted easily to a gauge light circuit....there are piles of these little cars in the wreckers and these little rheostats never wear out....they will allow you to set your lunar gauges to just the right intensity level to match the dash....

I like the cost too .....

SVT04

Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
dashcluster.jpg

gaugepod.jpg

Hey Shelbyguy... where did your 2 gauge dash pod come from ? Is it a piece that is designed for the 03-04 Cobras ?

badboy

Done with it!
Established Member
ShelbyGuy said:
its the plain old autometer pod i painted to match the interior.
This looks like Autometer P/N 10005, right? It's shown on their web site with a rectangular hole on the lower left-hand side. I can't see from your photo if you have that hole. If so, what is it for? Also, what paint did you use? Thanks for any info.

Last edited:

03eatonitup

Ted
Established Member
Does anyone have the Lunar GAUGE CLUSTER replacement? i think they are like 400 bucks.....but would love to see what it looks like in a terminator! Anyone?

WDW MKR

Established Member
03eatonitup said:
Does anyone have the Lunar GAUGE CLUSTER replacement? i think they are like 400 bucks.....but would love to see what it looks like in a terminator! Anyone?

That cluster does not work with the 03/04 Cobra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread