Lysholm SC on Cobra?

Cobra'03

Established Member
Maybe someone has already posted this, but it did not show in the Search I did.

Anyone else wonder of the Lysholm screw-type SC from the Ford GT will fit the Cobra?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Originally posted by Cobra'03
Maybe someone has already posted this, but it did not show in the Search I did.

Anyone else wonder of the Lysholm screw-type SC from the Ford GT will fit the Cobra?
I don't see why you couldn't adapt it. The intake is different, of course. Here's a picture of the Ford GT motor.

Ford GT40 Motor.jpg

stangin

Established Member
Re: Re: Lysholm SC on Cobra?

Originally posted by CobraBob
I don't see why you couldn't adapt it. The intake is different, of course. Here's a picture of the Ford GT motor.

Ford GT40 Motor.jpg

What is a Ford GT? I am not familiar with that vehicle

Joe King

Visual molester
Established Member
Screw blower

Looks like there may be an issue w/Throttle body-firewall clearance unless it can be angled.(hmm?)

davidmax

Established Member
Lysssholm

Same brand used on the M Benz blower quite simple and quiet,I have never been impessed by HP/TQE. #'s.I wouldd run a Prochargeer or Kennebell unit and or twin Turbo non sequential unitial unit for my liking,Dave Smilovic.
We will have a TT ssystem available that will push blowers apart and let you see the reasons Turbos cost more and and pushes more efficient power from the Git Go,Dave Smilovic.
Sean aand Xtreme should have production and retrofit models avaailable pree-May 04' aand will blow away the 390 Cobra with same basic price and Bottom end and 8.5:1 CR,Dave Smilovic

tvguy

Re: Lysssholm

Originally posted by davidmax
Same brand used on the M Benz blower quite simple and quiet,I have never been impessed by HP/TQE. #'s.I wouldd run a Prochargeer or Kennebell unit and or twin Turbo non sequential unitial unit for my liking,Dave Smilovic.
We will have a TT ssystem available that will push blowers apart and let you see the reasons Turbos cost more and and pushes more efficient power from the Git Go,Dave Smilovic.
Sean aand Xtreme should have production and retrofit models avaailable pree-May 04' aand will blow away the 390 Cobra with same basic price and Bottom end and 8.5:1 CR,Dave Smilovic

Same brand maybe, but is it the same size blower? If not you can't really compare. Fact is, ANY twin screw will be superior to the current roots Eaton blower on the 03's. And what are you not impressed with exactly? The #'s from Mercedes? Obviously those cars are not meant to put out the HP #'s that the Cobras have. It's a given that a twin turbo setup is superior power wise. However, bringing one to the market that is cost efficient and easily tunable is a whole different story. Let alone installation issues. When/if the twin screw from the Ford GT is available as an aftermarket piece AND can be adapted to an 03 Cobra with relative ease, it may very well become the best modification for the price. Should be interesting to see how it stacks up against the Kenne Bell unit. I applaud those who are developing a twin turbo kit and realize their true potential as superior to ANY supercharged application. BUT to be profitable and be mainstream, it MUST be economical as well. That is the challenge. Good luck on your venture. And let's wait till the GT twin screw is available (if ever) for the Cobras before forming an opinion. Judging the unit while it sits on top of a Mercedes engine is simply ridiculous.
pacotaco

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread