M6G is just a bunch of ADM paying circle jerkers apparently.

Randy M

Established Member
That place is pretty uptight. I guess they enjoy throwing cash down the toilet and backing themselves up in their collective commiseration for one another. What kind of person says that paying ADM is 'a good deal'...

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
That place is pretty uptight. I guess they enjoy throwing cash down the toilet and backing themselves up in their collective commiseration for one another. What kind of person says that paying ADM is 'a good deal'...
A good deal is whatever the car is worth to you.

If everyone was paying $1k over MSRP for the car as it sits, would you consider it to be a good deal then if prices were raised $1k and everyone paid MSRP?

If there was no such thing as MSRP and everything was negotiable, what would you think is a fair deal for what the GT350 offers?

Last edited:

Randy M

Established Member
Honestly I think Ford could have charged more. But since depreciation starts at MSRP with no consideration for ADM on specialty Mustangs, paying ADM is not 'a good deal'

Helmet

Established Member
If you you pay less than the going rate for something then you got a good deal. I am one of the lucky few that paid less than MSRP and there are some that paid MSRP, But remember that MSRP is just a suggested retail price.

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
Honestly I think Ford could have charged more. But since depreciation starts at MSRP with no consideration for ADM on specialty Mustangs, paying ADM is not 'a good deal'
For those that have GT350's, they can probably turn around and sell them used for MSRP right now. Depreciation does not necessarily mean it's linear from MSRP. The ADM's will probably help inflate their resale values some.

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
Not necessarily, it's 2 different cars. Gt500s will be in the high 60-70k starting and they will carry crazy ADMs as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
+1

Could be the products are different enough to each have their own niche. Especially if the GT500 does the same generic formula as the ZL1 where they just slap on a supercharger. They are going to need to create something truly unique to create the buzz the GT350 created... Turbos?

Cobra(ed) Up

Established Member
The term “good deal” is clearly subjective. However, a “good deal” starts at or below MSRP and is negotiable from that point. The problem with people saying 1k-5k, pardon me, ANY ADM was a “good deal” is that there are people that were savvy enough to pay MSRP and below. From there, paying a ADM and calling it a “good deal” becomes personal justification for self inflicted victimization.

Last edited:

Cobra(ed) Up

Established Member
I think recent owners missed the boat on that. The market is softening. Brand new MSRP cars are more common now, which means used cars wont go for MSRP. Not to mention 17's have more value then 15-16 due to the inclusion of the track pak as a base model.

For those that have GT350's, they can probably turn around and sell them used for MSRP right now. Depreciation does not necessarily mean it's linear from MSRP. The ADM's will probably help inflate their resale values some.

Last edited:

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
I think recent owners missed the boat on that. The market is softening. Brand new MSRP cars are more common now, which means used cars wont go for MSRP. Not to mention 17's have more value then 15-16 due to the inclusion of the track pak as a base model.
MSRP is more common, but not as common as paying ADM. I'm not sure if MSRP will ever be the norm for these cars brand new since their disputed 3 year run is nearly over. If there is an '18+ model year, then yes, I could see MSRP and slightly below being the norm. We'll have to see what Ford decides to do.

Randy M

Established Member
The term “good deal” is clearly subjective. However, a “good deal” starts at or below MSRP and is negotiable from that point. The problem with people saying 1k-5k, pardon me, ANY ADM was a “good deal” is that there are people that were savvy enough to pay MSRP and below. From there, paying a ADM and calling it a “good deal” becomes personal justification for self inflicted victimization.

It's so clear to see that for most people. I got burned at the stake for saying basically the same.

Imatk

Established Member
There will always be a new Mustang and when it comes out the "old" Mustangs get cheaper.

And the guys that paid over MSRP will go out and pay over MSRP for the new Mustang because they HAVE to have it.

It's relative.

For me (and it sounds like for the OP) paying over MSRP is just dumb. But I don't like throwing away my money and I feel that paying over is doing just that. But for a lot of folks they don't feel that way. Because they feel it's worth the premium to be "the first."

I couldnt' care less about that.

I like the GT350 and I might buy one at some point... maybe. But it will be the same way I bought my GT500.

I paid under 30k for my '07 GT500 and the car had 2k miles on it.

So I got a brand new car basically for under 30k.

About half what the original owner paid.

Yeah it's an "old" car if you want to look at it that way... but to ME I got a new car that's badass that cost me under 30k :)

5 DOT 0

Established Member
+1

Could be the products are different enough to each have their own niche. Especially if the GT500 does the same generic formula as the ZL1 where they just slap on a supercharger. They are going to need to create something truly unique to create the buzz the GT350 created... Turbos?
My guess is 5.2L cross plane crank twin turbo putting out 730 HP. It will use much of the GT350 running gear including trans, suspension, brakes, flared front fenders but will have a unique front bumper/grille. No need to reinvent the wheel just add more power.

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator

It's similar to the situation where guys argue about oil. Whatever one they use is the best, because why would they buy something that isn't the best?

My guess is 5.2L cross plane crank twin turbo putting out 730 HP. It will use much of the GT350 running gear including trans, suspension, brakes, flared front fenders but will have a unique front bumper/grille. No need to reinvent the wheel just add more power.

Nope.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member

It barely passed Ford NVH standards N/A. Be surprised to see that engine with a factory installed power adder.

Users who are viewing this thread