Mac or Magnaflow Catback?

Black01Stang

Established Member
I just can't justify spending $600 on the Borla setup, and I was just wondering which of these two would make better power? Anyone have any idea?

redfire03 svt

Established Member
I think Magnaflow. It is a flow through muffler, and macs are chambered. Flows throughs make more power from what I have heard.

Black01Stang

Established Member
Hmm, I may go ahead and do that then since I'm just shooting for 400 at the rear wheels with CAI and Catback. If you don't mind me asking, were those numbers STD or SAE?

Rwick7

Established Member
Black01Stang - I have a MAC 2.5 catback for sale...I just put it on my car. It is one of the new black ones. I've decided to go with a solid axle so if you want it I'll pull it off. I just put it on Thursday night. It sounds great but was a bitch to get to fit right...but we finally got it. Let me know.

Black01Stang

Established Member
Originally posted by RandyWick
Black01Stang - I have a MAC 2.5 catback for sale...I just put it on my car. It is one of the new black ones. I've decided to go with a solid axle so if you want it I'll pull it off. I just put it on Thursday night. It sounds great but was a bitch to get to fit right...but we finally got it. Let me know.

Why was it so hard to put on? And how much do you want for it?

HotRodHarry

Life is short,Live it up!
Established Member
I like the Magnaflows...I have heard them all and seen quite a few different combos on dynos and the track...the Magnaflows are a great all around system.....but of course I also like the Bassani setup....but thats mo money as you said

Rwick7

Established Member
It comes in 6 pieces...just a pain to get everything to line up. I paid $369 + shipping for it...I'll eat some of it if you want it...$330 shipped?

DitchTehFish

Established Member
I just received my Magnaflow catback today. WOW, what a nice exhaust, the quality is amazing! The whole catback is stainless steel with mandrel bent tubing. The mufflers and tips are VERY shiny. I've heard the Magnaflow catback in person on another terminator and it sounded great!:thumbsup: I didn't realize the quality was so good as well, not to mention the performance is top notch. Definitely the best "bang for your buck" catback.:beer:
MAC sounds good and performs fairly well, but the quailty/fitment is sh!t in my opinion. The Magnaflow straight thru muffler will make more power than the MAC chambered muffler.

Last edited:

Black01Stang

Established Member
Originally posted by RandyWick
It comes in 6 pieces...just a pain to get everything to line up. I paid $369 + shipping for it...I'll eat some of it if you want it...$330 shipped?

I'm not sure what i'm going to do yet, but i'll keep you in mind. I'm still on the fence between the MAC and Magnaflow.

Rwick7

Established Member
The only problem I have with the Magnaflow are the tips look ridiculous. Are they changed easily or are they part of the pipes? They don't have enough slash to them in my opinion

cobra4v

Hooked On SVT
Established Member
MAGNAFLOW! Usually I don't feel a SOTP difference with a cat-back..but on my 03, the Magnaflow sure made a big difference.

noslo50

Established Member
I had the magnaflow and went to the mac 3inch, wish i still had the manaflow much nicer quality/fitment(stainless). but thats my .02. Jerry

Users who are viewing this thread