Mac or Magnaflow Catback?

Black03WPB

Established Member
Originally posted by Rootus
Prove it, please.

Lord, do a search if you want proof.. Im pretty sure the thread that had a dyno comparison will still be available to read.

Prove to ME that the magnaflow make more power than the Mac.

-Ryan

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Originally posted by Blue Poison
That's just the point...you gotta keep up on those babies or else they'll go to hell. I kept up on mine and they still bronzed.

I've had two other catbacks....Flowmaster and Borla...and the tips just required a litte Flitz polish and they looked bright and new.

Peace.

:rolling:

Thats with anything not just magnaflow tips! Just spray Grease Lightning on them and wipe it off and they STAY looking new.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
oh yeah, if you really want them to stay looking new and shiny just hit the with some Never Dull too! :coolman:

Rootus

BANNED
Established Member
Originally posted by Black03WPB
Lord, do a search if you want proof.. Im pretty sure the thread that had a dyno comparison will still be available to read.
You can just call me Dave.

I'd love to do a search. Do show me how I can do that, since it seems to be down.

Prove to ME that the magnaflow make more power than the Mac.[/B]
I put down 415 with just a FIPK and Magnaflow. A buddy of mine has Stingers and FIPK, and put down 405 -- and a lot of people seem to think the Stingers are the best cat-back for making power that you can get. So show me a MAC cat-back making more of anything other than rust...

Dave

Black03WPB

Established Member

I'd love to do a search. Do show me how I can do that, since it seems to be down.

I put down 415 with just a FIPK and Magnaflow. A buddy of mine has Stingers and FIPK, and put down 405 -- and a lot of people seem to think the Stingers are the best cat-back for making power that you can get. So show me a MAC cat-back making more of anything other than rust...

Dave

I guess magnaflow will give 20 more rearwheel horsepower than any other catback! you certainly showed me!!

Dynos are universal.. some give higher numbers than others.

And " dave " if you tried the search option, you would see that it was working.. but Im sure someone who is as intelligent as you could see that.

Mac 3 inch catback will make a ton of horsepower. I have the 2 1/2 inch catback and I made more power than I did with flowmasters, and the same power I made with Magnapack mufflers.

Yuckfou

Huge Member
Established Member

So show me a MAC cat-back making more of anything other than rust...

Dave

...fitment and quality issues, frustration for missing parts....

Rootus

BANNED
Established Member
Originally posted by Black03WPB
I guess magnaflow will give 20 more rearwheel horsepower than any other catback! you certainly showed me!!

Dynos are universal.. some give higher numbers than others.
20? 415 - 405 = 10. And these two dyno runs were literally on the same dyno. At the least, I have offered up more evidence than just saying "Mac makes better power than magnaflow". That kind of mindless nonsense is a waste of bandwidth.

And " dave " if you tried the search option, you would see that it was working.. but Im sure someone who is as intelligent as you could see that.
I don't think I ever claimed to be intelligent. But I'm sure you meant that remark as an insult ... either way, when I click on the search button I get "The search feature is disabled during times of high server load. I am sorry for the inconvenience. " So I must congratulate you on having some kind of special dispensation from the SVTP admins that permits you to search when the rest of us cannot. :beer:

Mac 3 inch catback will make a ton of horsepower. I have the 2 1/2 inch catback and I made more power than I did with flowmasters, and the same power I made with Magnapack mufflers.
Okay, whatever, good for you.

Two weeks ago I watched an 03 Cobra with just a K&N FIPK, stingers, and 2.93 pulley put down nearly identical power (more, actually) as another 03 Cobra with a JLT CAI, Accufab TB, 2.76 pulley, and 3-inch MAC cat-back.

So I am a little skeptical of blanket statements that cannot be backed up, because it is not that simple.

Dave

Last edited:

Yuckfou

Huge Member
Established Member

That kind of mindless nonsense is a waste of bandwidth.

Dave

:rockon: :rockon:

Ah come on Lord, err Dave, you want facts. Pffft this is the internet. People don't need to back up their positions with facts when it's so easy to use blanket statements and hyperbole.

Oh Three Cobra

Established Member
I also have the magnaflow. I'm happy with it. I can get either magnaflow or borla through work. I chose the magnaflow because it cost less, was recommended to me over borla by another shop that sells both, and I already had borla on a 95 gt I had years ago and wanted something different. I don't have a problem with the tips. As for the diameter, I wanted 3" initially, but couldn't find a quality catback in that diameter. I considered purchasing the pipe bends and mufflers from magnaflow and welding up something, but the additional work and loss of flow due to welded sections vs mandrel bends didn't seam worth it. On rx-7s we usually run a 3" single exhaust up to about 450-475 rwhp. After that it begins to become a restriciton and we go to a single 3.5". A rotary has much stronger exhaust pulses than a comparable piston engine as well. With dual 2.5" you essentially have 5" total diameter exhaust so it seams plenty.

Users who are viewing this thread