MACA/MIR Drag Day - May 8, 2005

jbp99cobra

Fly fat ass, fly!!!
Established Member
03toplessCobra said:
anyone meeting up coming from the fredricksburg, alexadria area?

Steve,

I just sent you a PM. Bryan and I are meeting at the Starbucks in Old Town Alexandria (corner of St Asaph & King) at 8am & then headed to Jason's.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Well, I'm thinking about not even going guys! This has been an all day dilemma for me. Things I wanted to get accomplished didn't happen on my end this later half of the week. Steeda IRS Brace isn't on and I didn't have a chance to mount my drag radials on the stock chromies. If I go I'm definetely not running! I normally don't drag the car but if I do I atleast want a chance for a high 11 sec. pass with my new pulley setup.

drillsergeantjra

THIS WE'LL DEFEND
Established Member
Last minute change of plans.....I'll be there today! (at least for the BBQ) I am going to try to make it to the track but, if not, I'll definitely be at the BBQ. What time are you all leaving the track?

Jeff

jbp99cobra

Fly fat ass, fly!!!
Established Member
drillsergeantjr said:
Last minute change of plans.....I'll be there today! (at least for the BBQ) I am going to try to make it to the track but, if not, I'll definitely be at the BBQ. What time are you all leaving the track?

Jeff

Jeff,
I am not racing today, but will be at the track so if you want to give me a call later I can let you know what time. 301-751-5040
John

TRBO VNM

drillsergeantjr said:

Jeff

should be back at my place about 2:15. I will leave the track at 2 and others might stick around to complete a run or something like that, but I plan to start the grill about 2:30.

If anyone needs to call me. 240-299-6532

drillsergeantjra

THIS WE'LL DEFEND
Established Member
jbp99cobra said:
Jeff,
I am not racing today, but will be at the track so if you want to give me a call later I can let you know what time. 301-751-5040
John

If I make it to the track, I won't be racing either. Maybe I'll at least have someone to hang out with. I'll call you on my way to the track. Thanks.

drillsergeantjra

THIS WE'LL DEFEND
Established Member
WUTWINE said:
should be back at my place about 2:15. I will leave the track at 2 and others might stick around to complete a run or something like that, but I plan to start the grill about 2:30.

If anyone needs to call me. 240-299-6532

Cool, thanks man.

ScottinSSMD

gotta 996TT too!
Established Member
I'm planning to leave Silver Spring by 1:30. Anyone want to cruise down, give me a pm. I'll check back after I cut the grass, say 12:30 real time. Not SVTP time.

drillsergeantjra

THIS WE'LL DEFEND
Established Member
03silvr10thvert said:
I'm planning to leave Silver Spring by 1:30. Anyone want to cruise down, give me a pm. I'll check back after I cut the grass, say 12:30 real time. Not SVTP time.

PM/Phone # sent!

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
sorry i didn't make it down today guys. I didn't get to bed til 6am...i just woke up now.

that and i want to ride mike bike today ...

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
I had a great time today guys! Didn't plan on running because the IRS brace and stock wheels/tires weren't on but I had a best of 12.08 @ 116mph. The 60' is what made me very pleased! I did a 1.96 on the 19" Mayas w/ low profile tires @ 35psi, lol. :lol:

1st run: 12.87 @ 113 mph 2.24 60' :bash: (not into full boost in some gears and spinning through 1st and most of 2nd)

2nd run: 12.08 @ 116 mph 1.96 60' (Best of the day)

3rd run: 12.31 @ 116 mph 2.00 60' (I was hoping for 11's on this run with the 19" wheels but no luck. I got a bog in 2nd gear but the launch was pretty good).

The 1st run I tried to launch at 2k but the 19's were horrible for traction. I then launched at 1100-1200 rpms on the other two runs. I need to head back with the street tires for an 11sec. pass. :pepper:

Last edited:

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
I had a great time at the track today guys and girls. My time wasn't the best, but with my clutch slipping as bad as it was I was happy with my times.

The first run was after driving there so the car was heat soaked,

12.091 @ 112.40?!?!?!? with a 1.843 60 foot. The car spun at launch, clutch smoked a bunch. The good thing is that I had no wheel hop whatsoever even with a 4,000 rpm clutch dump.

2nd run, after an hour cool down, I pulled a
12.033 @ 117.66 with a 1.860 60ft. Launched at 4,250 and the clutch was slipping all the way down the track.

I guess I'll test out the new DFX clutch for MACA and get back to you all on that. Overall I've been pretty happy with the Centerforce DF clutch. It's lasted me 7,000 miles with a lot of abuse, but I need clutch that will last much longer than that.

Congratz Brian on your new best time with your 93 Cobra. Way to represent!

It was fun hanging out with all of you. I hope to get the video posted sometime soon.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Congrats on the 11 sec. pass Bryan. :bowdown: On street tires too... That 93 Cobra in nothing to mess with! :beer:

93cobra#3326

i love boost!
Established Member
I-CAN-STANG said:
Congrats on the 11 sec. pass Bryan. :bowdown: On street tires too... That 93 Cobra in nothing to mess with! :beer:

hey thanks for the props Omar & Marlon! Im totally happy and content with the way my car performed today. thanks for the support :beer:

today was definently good times guys (as usual)
ill post this over in Jasons own thread too but thanks dude for the hospitality, it was a great way to end a great day of racing! :beer: :rockon:

oooow i gotta update my sig! :rockon:

Last edited:

playwithmysnake

car is forsale
Established Member
yeah i ran a 12.4 shifting at 5000rpm, with 1.74 60ft time on the first la[,,, and on my way home broke my rear cover off what a day

Last edited:

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Very unfortunate Bruce but it'll be back up in no time! Just make sure to get the Steeda IRS Brace. :thumbsup:

Just kidding!

TRBO VNM

I-CAN-STANG said:
Very unfortunate Bruce but it'll be back up in no time! Just make sure to get the Steeda IRS Brace. :thumbsup:

Just kidding!

no no no...MJchip/billetflow brace

Users who are viewing this thread