MACA/MIR Drag Day - May 8, 2005

Antex

quantum entanglement
Established Member
Congrats to Bryan, Marlon, both Chris's & Cory for new best times!! :beer:

My 60fts went haywire again so the best I could muster was a 12.14 @ 116.03 with a 1.82 60ft. My reactions times were there - .002, .013, .054 and a red light (.031) when Jason & I lined up.

Time for the 2.76 upper or maybe the 2.93/4lb lower combo.

Can't wait for the next drag day GTG!! :burnout:

I've updated our 1/4 mile list..please PM me for those whom need to be added or updated.

Last edited:

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
Congrats to everyone as well! :thumbsup: Maybe we can all do it again sometime soon? Those 19's will have to come off though. :bash:

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Sounds like you guys had a great time. Sorry I had to back out at the last minute and miss out on the "activities". Sorry to hear about Bruce's and Cory's breakdowns. Bruce, you blew the diff cover on the way home?

Congrats to Marlon, Chris (ta2di), Bryan, and Bruce for getting new PB's. Didn't hear about Jason, (new 60' PB?), Cobrachs, jbp99cobra, G03SVT, or Dreddstang did? Oh, and heard Damion made a suprise appearance and got some runs in too. Post on up fellas! Dang, I wish I could of made the GTG!

G03SVT

Banned
First time out with the Cobra and I got my first 12 second and 11 second pass and on stock F1's no less.
12.12 @ 117.53 1.91 60 ft
12.17 @ 106.39 1.83 60 ft (missed 4th gear but still beat the Z06, would of been my best pass)
11.98 @ 117.27 1.81 60 ft

BUNKY

S281SVT
Established Member
Have some pics .Who can post them ?

Let me know,
I do have some pics of the cars and I think one of Jason's runs .
Had a Great time and "O" I do have a pic of a rear end if anyone is interested :read: ??
Now it's time to do the bolt on stuff .
Later :beer:

Dreddstang

Wing-Less Bastard!!
Established Member
Great time guys, and nice meeting those I've not met before, and seeing again those I have.

I got a new best for my Cobra yesterday. Here's my two passes. I don't have the timeslips with me so they may be a tick off.

Both of these were on my F-1's, the second pass I took out the headlight but other than putting the rear tires down to 20psi everything else was normal. Everything in the trunk, half tank of gas ( :rollseyes ), ect.

1st pass- 2.0 60', 13.58 @ 104.8 MPH
2nd pass- 1.8 60', 13.20 @ 104.9 MPH!!!! :D

The track was hookin' like mad yesterday!!! I think with that 60' on the second pass that that is probably all I am going to get out of the car with street tires. It dead hooked off the line, then spun a hair, then hooked and went the rest of the way down, launching around 3K. VERY nice, I am totally happy with that car! :thumbsup:

I have TONS of pics, I'll start another thread for pics and post them there.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
here's my "drag day" pic: :lol:

Term.jpg

RedfireVenom

11 Second Vert Club
Established Member
I-CAN-STANG said:
Well, I'm thinking about not even going guys! This has been an all day dilemma for me. Things I wanted to get accomplished didn't happen on my end this later half of the week. Steeda IRS Brace isn't on and I didn't have a chance to mount my drag radials on the stock chromies. If I go I'm definetely not running! I normally don't drag the car but if I do I atleast want a chance for a high 11 sec. pass with my new pulley setup.

Definitely not running eh? Marlon met up with us to say hi at Safeway and said he wasn't going but would ride with us part of the way there. A couple hours later he was running down the track with a melting frozen lasagna on the passenger side floor that he had purchased before meeting up with us. :lol:

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
RedfireVenom said:
Definitely not running eh? Marlon met up with us to say hi at Safeway and said he wasn't going but would ride with us part of the way there. A couple hours later he was running down the track with a melting frozen lasagna on the passenger side floor that he had purchased before meeting up with us. :lol:
:lol: It's funny what peer pressure will do to you! :thumbsup:

93cobra#3326

i love boost!
Established Member
RedfireVenom said:

:lol: :lol: :rockon:
thats the first i cought wind of this! that hilarious! i sure hope there wasnt a misses back at the house waiting for you to return with lunch :bash:
i was impressed at how well you drove those 19's, not a bad 60 footer considering. :beer:

TRBO VNM

you are kidding me? dude, that would have been a pic...lasagna on the floorboard. oh man, that is hilarious.

you never know with marlon. just like all the parts, he changes his mind all the time.

I-CAN-STANG

cut em' off at the knees
Established Member
See, if I didn't have the extra weight from the thawing Lasagna I would've been in the 11's. :lol:

I did a little grocery shopping before hitting the track! Cereal, gallon of milk, plastic utensils and Lasagna. :lol1:

Last edited:

Dreddstang

Wing-Less Bastard!!
Established Member
You know Marlon, now that your carpet is horribly stained with lasagna, you should really get rid of those front seats......I have a PERFECT set of 2003 GT seats in my LX I'll trade you................ :-D :idea:

I am dying to get a set of '03 Cobra or mach 1 seats into my LX! :rollseyes :thumbsup:

Dreddstang

Wing-Less Bastard!!
Established Member
I-CAN-STANG said:
:lol: Believe it or not by the time I got home the Lasagna was still frozen solid! :pepper:

Ohhhh, that's even worse! You should really get rid of those seats to make the inside of the car not smell like frozen lasagna! You can also get into the 11's just by adding GT seats, did you know that? :D :thumbsup: :bs:

Users who are viewing this thread