Mach 1 bone stock 1/4 time

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
Stripper, Stripper, Stripper. Why do you LS1 guys take everything so personal? First of all calling me "not too bright". I mean come on man I am not the one with the LS1 posting on a Ford website. Is there not a LS1 performance.com? You made a nice comment to Angus and then you had to slide in the LS1 jab. So I felt it my duty to make a comment for my fellow Ford brother. I mean my car is my daily driver, has some sick SSR's on it, has all of it's leather seats, the power windows work, a nice Mach 460 stereo system a few bolt on's and turns 13.40's on the street tires, does really well with the ladies and does it all with the purrrr of a sweet sounding 281. I'm not saying that I am faster than you. Your posted times say that I am not, but with my upcoming mods I will see you (Exhibit A "The Apple") in my (Exhibit B "The Orange") rearview mirror as you are reading my tag 1SIKMACH.

I give round one to.......THE ORANGE!!!, ok men take a breath, a sip of water, adjust your tampons, and come out swinging...LETS GET READY TO RUMBLE!!!! :rockon:

2001stripper

Established Member
OrangeMach23 said:
Stripper, Stripper, Stripper. Why do you LS1 guys take everything so personal? :banana: First of all calling me "not too bright". I mean come on man I am not the one with the LS1 posting on a Ford website. :wf: Is there not a LS1 performance.com? You made a nice comment to Angus and then you had to slide in the LS1 jab. So I felt it my duty to make a comment for my fellow Ford brother. I mean my car is my daily driver, has some sick SSR's on it, has all of it's leather seats, the power windows work, a nice Mach 460 stereo system a few bolt on's and turns 13.40's on the street tires, does really well with the ladies and does it all with the purrrr of a sweet sounding 281. I'm not saying that I am faster than you. Your posted times say that I am not, but with my upcoming mods I will see you (Exhibit A "The Apple") in my (Exhibit B "The Orange") rearview mirror as you are reading my tag 1SIKMACH. :rockon:

Once again I am just joking. Since we are comparing Apples to Oranges. Yes, I am really this funny. :lol:

I apologize for saying that you are not that bright. It just bothers me when people compare race cars to street cars. FWIW, a Competition Orange Mach 1 would be the only Mach that I would ever own. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

OrangeMach23

BOOSTIDMACH
Established Member
2001stripper said:
I apologize for saying that you are not that bright. It just bothers me when people compare race cars to street cars. FWIW, a Competition Orange Mach 1 would be the only Mach that I would ever own. :thumbsup:

Hey man apology taken. I like muscle cars no matter what kind they are. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. :beer:

Angus

Established Member
2001stripper said:
Angus,

Your car runs excellent times and like I said before has a great 1/4-mile setup but it is a racecar not a streetcar. My car still has all the seats, all the accessories, and still gets 20 mpg city/ 29 mpg highway.

Thanks for the compliment, but I would disagree with the "Racecar" label.

My car is a streetcar AND a racecar. ;-)

I drive it to work as well as to/from the track.

My Mach still has accessories as well (A/C, power-windows/power-steering/ABS/power-brakes/cruise/tilt/etc,...), just not all the seats.... :-D

2001stripper

Established Member
I see your point but I bet you can't be getting too great of gas mileage with those 4.30 gears. Normally, I wouldn't care about gas mileage but with premium gas now over $3/gal, I'm starting to care.

Last edited:

Angus

Established Member
2001stripper said:
I see your point but I bet you can't be getting too great of gas mileage with those 4.30 gears. Normally, I wouldn't care about gas mileage but with premium gas now over $3/gal, I'm starting to care.

I get 24 - 25 mpg highway - not too shabby for a 5 speed with only one overdrive gear... :rolling:

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
Angus66 said:
I get 24 - 25 mpg highway - not too shabby for a 5 speed with only one overdrive gear... :rolling:
25 mpg with a 4.30 gear...i call :bs: :bs: :bs:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
BLOWN PONY said:

i got 26-27 mpg with my stock gears traveling on the freeway at 80mph. going a little slower with 4.30's will get you 25mpg. matainence, speed, and driving charactoristics goes a long way.

Angus

Established Member
BLOWN PONY said:

That's what I averaged driving my Mach ~ 1100 miles from Kansas City, MO to Hagerstown, MD.

I averaged about the same mileage driving the car back/forth to work 30 miles each way.

This was when the car was 100% factory weight too - it might get a little better mileage now that it weighs less...

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
BLOWN PONY said:

When I first got into machs. I thought taller gears would kill MPG as well. But for some reason, they don't. Maybe it is the better tranny gears.

Stripper - come on now man. What's wrong with DSG mach's? Man, we were getting along so good and you say CO is the only mach you would own. WASSUP with dat? :-D

BLOWN PONY

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
i got 26-27 mpg with my stock gears traveling on the freeway at 80mph. going a little slower with 4.30's will get you 25mpg. matainence, speed, and driving charactoristics goes a long way.

Maybe i drive harder then i thought because i dont get anywhere near them numbers. But ohh well, i retract my previous statement... :shrug:

2001stripper

Established Member
ponygt65 said:
When I first got into machs. I thought taller gears would kill MPG as well. But for some reason, they don't. Maybe it is the better tranny gears.

Stripper - come on now man. What's wrong with DSG mach's? Man, we were getting along so good and you say CO is the only mach you would own. WASSUP with dat? :-D

Sorry Pony, I just love that color for some reason. Can we still be friends though? :beer:

dan03mach

BUSTN YO A$$
Established Member
BLOWN PONY said:
You can lower that flag.. I got around 26mph with my 4.30's in.. I just set the cruise control at 65mph on the hwy.. My car gets great milage on the hwy..

ponygt65

Multi-Quotin' Fool
Established Member
Stripper - But of course grasshopper. :beer:

Dan - you only got 26 mpH?? I would have ripped those danged things right off. Or gotten the spedometer re-calculated.......LOL - just plyin'

Users who are viewing this thread